News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Firebarn David Ross  ( 21,657 )

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Firebarn David Ross
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2015, 05:28:07 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 18, 2015, 04:50:59 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on April 18, 2015, 03:31:34 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on April 15, 2015, 09:15:13 AM
Quote from: Eli on April 15, 2015, 09:06:06 AM
Quote from: PANK! on April 15, 2015, 09:05:16 AM
All Castillo has done in his last 3 pinch-hit at-bats is 1) clean RBI single which set the stage for Fowler's heroics Sunday, 2) a frozen rope which looked like it'd have ended the game Monday with a walk-off win had Marlon Byrd not stumbled ass backwards into it, and 3) his 2-run homer last night.

If the Cubs eventually get a king's ransom for Beef, then OK fine.  But right now I'm a little annoyed about having to watch this sadsack hump of a human being Ross at the plate knowing how much better of a player is "behind" him.

The Cubs only have one catcher who can hit and it's the guy they're trying desperately to trade.

Good to know we've written off Miguel Montero after 15 ABs.

*Clears throat*

Be sure to check back with us after another 500 at bats or so.

Thanks, Brett

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2015, 05:41:11 PM »
He managed to not fuck up in the 11th.

Yay?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2015, 05:42:32 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on April 18, 2015, 05:41:11 PM

Yay?

That was such a weird few minutes of baseball. Awesome, but weird.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2015, 06:09:38 PM »
All Castillo has done in his last 3 pinch-hit at-bats is 1) clean RBI single which set the stage for Fowler's heroics Sunday, 2) a frozen rope which looked like it'd have ended the game Monday with a walk-off win had Marlon Byrd not stumbled ass backwards into it, and 3) his 2-run homer last night.

If the Cubs eventually get a king's ransom for Beef, then OK fine.  But right now I'm a little annoyed about having to watch this sadsack hump of a human being Ross at the plate knowing how much better of a player is "behind" him.

The Cubs only have one catcher who can hit and it's the guy they're trying desperately to trade.

*Clears throat*

I'm not going to lie to you, Eli.

I'm not going to do that.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2015, 09:10:17 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 18, 2015, 06:09:38 PM

*Clears throat*

I'm not going to lie to you, Eli.

I'm not going to do that.

I actually figured I was setting myself up for end-of-season embarrassment when Montero has a decent year.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2015, 01:26:50 AM »

Yay?

WHAT DOES HE HAVE TO DO TO PROVE HIMSELF, FOR GOD'S SAKE?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2015, 08:01:31 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 19, 2015, 01:26:50 AM

Yay?

As far as I can tell, he must give back his entire salary and roster spot, issue an apology for having had the gall to accept such an offer, and permanently wander off into some cornfield in Iowa never to be heard from again. But he deserves far worse.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2015, 08:44:17 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 19, 2015, 08:01:31 AM

Yay?

As far as I can tell, he must give back his entire salary and roster spot, issue an apology for having had the gall to accept such an offer, and permanently wander off into some cornfield in Iowa never to be heard from again. But he deserves far worse.

OK.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2015, 08:52:31 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 20, 2015, 08:44:17 AM

Yay?

OK.

I just fucking love this. How many baseball players have we hated on this website? With the noted exception of Milton Bradley, how many of them seem to have been actual terrible human beings? Aren't most of them just bad baseball players? Shouldn't most of them have been people we expected to be bad baseball players? Why is David Ross the first guy to get the "well golly gee mister he sure didn't MEAN to be put on the roster and suck, would you have turned down the contract?" treatment?

That argument would apply to Aaron Miles, Neifi, and nearly every other bad baseball player the Cubs have had. So either get on board with hating David Ross for being bad at his job, or never hate another player on this board again, because this whole "well shit it ain't his fault he's on the roster" business is weak ass shit.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2015, 08:58:05 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 20, 2015, 08:52:31 AM

Yay?

OK.

I just fucking love this. How many baseball players have we hated on this website? With the noted exception of Milton Bradley, how many of them seem to have been actual terrible human beings? Aren't most of them just bad baseball players? Shouldn't most of them have been people we expected to be bad baseball players? Why is David Ross the first guy to get the "well golly gee mister he sure didn't MEAN to be put on the roster and suck, would you have turned down the contract?" treatment?

That argument would apply to Aaron Miles, Neifi, and nearly every other bad baseball player the Cubs have had. So either get on board with hating David Ross for being bad at his job, or never hate another player on this board again, because this whole "well shit it ain't his fault he's on the roster" business is weak ass shit.

GODDAMMIT SKO ITS BEEN LIKE 6 SHITACULOUS YEARS OF US ALL NOT TOLERATING BULLSHIT. LET US TOLERATE A LITTLE BULLSHIT FOR ONE GODDAMN MONTH AND THEN REEVALUATE WHAT BULLSHIT NEEDS TO BE TOLERATED OR NOT OK.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2015, 09:02:44 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 20, 2015, 08:58:05 AM

Yay?

OK.

GODDAMMIT SKO ITS BEEN LIKE 6 SHITACULOUS YEARS OF US ALL NOT TOLERATING BULLSHIT. LET US TOLERATE A LITTLE BULLSHIT FOR ONE GODDAMN MONTH AND THEN REEVALUATE WHAT BULLSHIT NEEDS TO BE TOLERATED OR NOT OK.

I will never let you all fall down into the dark pits of tolerating bullshit. Tolerating bullshit is the number one cause of society's ills. You know who tolerated bullshit? Bullshit of the Nazi variety? Neville goddamn Chamberlain. NEVER AGAIN.

Sack it up, strap it up, and remember how to hate again. David Ross isn't worthy of a second's worth of bullshit toleration. Not. Even. Once.

You wanna tolerate some bullshit for Javy? Mendy? You wanna give some guys that aren't 37 years old and covered in grey facial pubes a little time to settle in? Fine by me, but dammit, we all know where this David Ross movie ends, so stop trying to act like you're good, kind, and patient people. Hate the way I know you can, or get out of my face.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2015, 09:05:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 20, 2015, 09:02:44 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on April 20, 2015, 08:58:05 AM

Yay?

OK.

I will never let you all fall down into the dark pits of tolerating bullshit. Tolerating bullshit is the number one cause of society's ills. You know who tolerated bullshit? Bullshit of the Nazi variety? Neville goddamn Chamberlain. NEVER AGAIN.

Sack it up, strap it up, and remember how to hate again. David Ross isn't worthy of a second's worth of bullshit toleration. Not. Even. Once.

You wanna tolerate some bullshit for Javy? Mendy? You wanna give some guys that aren't 37 years old and covered in grey facial pubes a little time to settle in? Fine by me, but dammit, we all know where this David Ross movie ends, so stop trying to act like you're good, kind, and patient people. Hate the way I know you can, or get out of my face.

Well, I've tolerated your bullshit long enough, so at least there's precedent.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2015, 09:08:39 AM »
I don't hate David Ross, but I do hate that the Cubs think they need him over Welington Castillo.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2015, 09:11:17 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 20, 2015, 09:08:39 AM
I don't hate David Ross, but I do hate that the Cubs think they need him over Welington Castillo.

That's reason enough, IAN. Give in to the hate. Let the hatred flow through you.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2015, 09:15:16 AM »
Where's Pen to tell us whether SKO is hating the right way or not?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs