News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Firebarn David Ross  ( 21,650 )

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Firebarn David Ross
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2015, 04:02:25 PM »
I still hate this guy.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2015, 04:16:16 PM »
Did they get the call right on replay? Too hard to tell from the last row of the 200 level.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2015, 04:33:47 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on May 31, 2015, 04:16:16 PM
Did they get the call right on replay? Too hard to tell from the last row of the 200 level.

Yes.

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2015, 05:16:05 PM »
FYSKO

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2015, 01:45:37 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on May 31, 2015, 05:16:05 PM
FYSKO

This game had so, so much FYSKO.  It was probably the FYSKO-iest game all year.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2015, 12:34:52 PM »

Isn't it like every other replay where there has to be conclusive evidence in order to overturn the call on the field? On every replay I saw (on the TVs hanging over the 200 level, plus the ginormous screen in LF) you couldn't tell if the tag got applied on his arm or not, so the call stands.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2015, 12:38:14 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 01, 2015, 12:34:52 PM

Isn't it like every other replay where there has to be conclusive evidence in order to overturn the call on the field? On every replay I saw (on the TVs hanging over the 200 level, plus the ginormous screen in LF) you couldn't tell if the tag got applied on his arm or not, so the call stands.

I think he was talking about when Ol' Granddad bunted in the 9th and almost beat it out, not the Fowler play.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2015, 12:39:06 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 01, 2015, 12:38:14 PM

I think he was talking about when Ol' Granddad bunted in the 9th and almost beat it out, not the Fowler play.

Oh, there, you can tell on the same screens that he was beaten by a pube, but he was beaten.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CubFaninHydePark

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2015, 08:36:43 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 01, 2015, 12:39:06 PM

Oh, there, you can tell on the same screens that he was beaten by a pube, but he was beaten.

I guess my eyesight isn't quite as good.  I was worried that the same people who said Hossa didn't kick it in the other night were also the MLB replay officials.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2015, 06:56:06 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on June 01, 2015, 08:36:43 PM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on June 01, 2015, 12:39:06 PM

I guess my eyesight isn't quite as good.  I was worried that the same people who said Hossa didn't kick it in the other night were also the MLB replay officials.

Wait, you thought that was a kick? He was hitting the brakes to avoid a fly-by, and was even trying to get his stick on the puck when it went in.
TIME TO POST!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2015, 11:30:00 AM »
I know we're all reading the couple of decent Cubs blogs out there and there's not much point to re-linking their content, but I'll make an exception this time for David Ross, the best pitch framer in all of baseball. 

Link is to the WaPo article, not Bleacher Nation. 

...no catcher has seen a higher percentage of pitches out of the zone called strikes than Chicago Cubs' backstop David Ross. According to Baseball Savant, Ross has framed 14 percent of pitches for strikes with Yasmani Grandal the second best at 11.7 percent (minimum 1,000 pitches caught).
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 02, 2015, 11:30:00 AM
I know we're all reading the couple of decent Cubs blogs out there and there's not much point to re-linking their content, but I'll make an exception this time for David Ross, the best pitch framer in all of baseball. 

...no catcher has seen a higher percentage of pitches out of the zone called strikes than Chicago Cubs' backstop David Ross. According to Baseball Savant, Ross has framed 14 percent of pitches for strikes with Yasmani Grandal the second best at 11.7 percent (minimum 1,000 pitches caught).

Has anyone worked pitch framing into a calculation of WAR yet? I am legitimately curious as to just how good of a framer Ross has to be to make up for his bat being so impotent.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2015, 11:35:22 AM »

An article about pitch framing, framed by maybe the worst experimental web design I've ever seen.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2015, 11:38:23 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2015, 11:34:13 AM

Has anyone worked pitch framing into a calculation of WAR yet? I am legitimately curious as to just how good of a framer Ross has to be to make up for his bat being so impotent.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2015, 12:04:56 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 02, 2015, 11:35:22 AM

An article about pitch framing, framed by maybe the worst experimental web design I've ever seen.

Indeed...

So how much of his framing is subject to Lester being the veteran and getting the calls? Asking for a friend