News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,140 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2016, 07:51:46 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 19, 2016, 04:40:28 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 19, 2016, 04:13:26 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 19, 2016, 12:06:23 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on January 19, 2016, 12:02:59 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 19, 2016, 11:29:17 AM
How much of the love Clinton gets is just becuase the economy was awesome largely for reasons unrelated to him? I mean, the computer boom happened during his presidency. The single greatest invention/economic transformation of the century or in human history or whatever just conveniently occurred during his time in office. Of course people remember the decade of incredibly low unemployment and unsustainable economic growth fondly.

It was awesome on paper. We all learned soon enough how not awesome it was.

Yeah, I mean most Americans don't really do a critical analysis of cause and effect. Pretty much just a "hey was I happy with my life when that guy was president? He must have done OK" kinda thing. The 90s were definitely a decade of artificial hope, economy-wise.

I was poor as fuck in the Clinton era (I spent most of 1994-99 about two paychecks behind), and massively underemployed (admittedly, I was young, and didn't have a degree yet), so every time I hear about how great the economy was then I wonder how nice those clothes the emperor wore really were.

So you were in college.  No offense, but isn't being poor a condition of college life? 

It certainly was for me.

Hence the disclaimer, you potato-headed lunk. However, even at the time, the people I knew with money were already in credit card debt up to their tits. I think "good economy" is almost always based on who you're valuing. I mean, when I asked my rural Southern relatives about the Great Depression for a school project, every one of them said the Roaring 20s were just as bad for them as the 30s.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2016, 07:57:49 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 20, 2016, 07:51:46 AM
How much of the love Clinton gets is just becuase the economy was awesome largely for reasons unrelated to him? I mean, the computer boom happened during his presidency. The single greatest invention/economic transformation of the century or in human history or whatever just conveniently occurred during his time in office. Of course people remember the decade of incredibly low unemployment and unsustainable economic growth fondly.

Yeah, I mean most Americans don't really do a critical analysis of cause and effect. Pretty much just a "hey was I happy with my life when that guy was president? He must have done OK" kinda thing. The 90s were definitely a decade of artificial hope, economy-wise.

I was poor as fuck in the Clinton era (I spent most of 1994-99 about two paychecks behind), and massively underemployed (admittedly, I was young, and didn't have a degree yet), so every time I hear about how great the economy was then I wonder how nice those clothes the emperor wore really were.

So you were in college.  No offense, but isn't being poor a condition of college life? 

It certainly was for me.

Hence the disclaimer, you potato-headed lunk. However, even at the time, the people I knew with money were already in credit card debt up to their tits. I think "good economy" is almost always based on who you're valuing. I mean, when I asked my rural Southern relatives about the Great Depression for a school project, every one of them said the Roaring 20s were just as bad for them as the 30s.

"Oh but those 1850s..." *spits on Spittin' Portrait of Abe Lincoln*
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2016, 09:28:24 AM »

It certainly was for me.

Maybe your whore of a grandmother sould've put out more.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2016, 09:29:14 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 20, 2016, 09:28:24 AM

It certainly was for me.

Maybe she sould've, but take it somewhere else of that's how younger about it
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2016, 10:20:21 AM »

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2016, 11:15:09 AM »

So you were in college.  No offense, but isn't being poor a condition of college life?  

It certainly was for me.

She was Midwestern, you bog-soaked cabbage-muncher.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2016, 11:31:01 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 20, 2016, 11:15:09 AM

So you were in college.  No offense, but isn't being poor a condition of college life?  

It certainly was for me.

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE.  HUEY DOES. NOT. LIKE. CABBAGE.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2016, 11:57:01 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 20, 2016, 11:31:01 AM

It certainly was for me.

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE.  HUEY DOES. NOT. LIKE. CABBAGE.

I'm willing to let the meme live so long as we can agree to let the meme that both of Bort's grandmothers were whores live.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2016, 12:03:33 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 20, 2016, 10:20:21 AM
Tank is a Trump voter?
When Mrs. Cubbieblue and I heard him say that last night ("masturbate to anime") we gave him all of our attention.  Unfortunately, he never explained what it meant.  But the imagery is quite imaginative.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2016, 01:06:02 PM »
I'm completely and utterly not asshurt over Parliament ripping on an American: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/british-parliament-condemns-trump-but-remains-split-over-banning-him/

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2016, 02:36:21 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 20, 2016, 11:57:01 AM

It certainly was for me.

I'm willing to let the meme live so long as we can agree to let the meme that both of Bort's grandmothers were whores live.

Fuck off and die you spectrum-dwelling corned beef meatball.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2016, 02:42:48 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 20, 2016, 02:36:21 PM

It certainly was for me.

I can't tell if you guys are being serious.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2016, 02:47:27 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 20, 2016, 02:42:48 PM
Quote from: Bort on January 20, 2016, 02:36:21 PM

It certainly was for me.

I can't tell if you guys are being serious.

I am. I've told that shithead not to talk about my other grandmother.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2016, 02:51:41 PM »
I haven't seen Desipio this red and mad since the last time Tonk insulted the Fatherland.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2016, 03:02:05 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 20, 2016, 02:51:41 PM
I haven't seen Desipio this red and mad since the last time Tonk insulted the Fatherland.

I still don't know if this shit is real.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.