News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,282 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2016, 08:35:17 AM »
TIME TO HOP ONTO THE H-TRAIN!
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2016, 08:36:22 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on March 02, 2016, 08:35:17 AM

I agree: heroin is basically the only way to cope with this election.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: March 02, 2016, 08:49:30 AM »
Quote from: Bort on March 02, 2016, 08:36:22 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on March 02, 2016, 08:35:17 AM

I agree: heroin is basically the only way to cope with this election.

I'm doing very nicely on ketamine, thank you.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: March 02, 2016, 08:51:15 AM »
I hate that not only have I been reduced to voting for Hillary Clinton, whom I despise, I basically see it as a moral imperative to vote for her and not the fascist demagogue. Good work, America. You're fucking great.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: March 02, 2016, 08:53:48 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 02, 2016, 08:51:15 AM
I hate that not only have I been reduced to voting for Hillary Clinton, whom I despise, I basically see it as a moral imperative to vote for her and not the fascist demagogue. Good work, America. You're fucking great.

Or you can be like that gay Indian dude on Twitter and not vote for Hillary because she's apparently a  war-mongerer, take your vote and go home and let the fascist demagogue win by default.  Yay America.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: March 02, 2016, 09:11:26 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 02, 2016, 08:53:48 AM

Or you can be like that gay Indian dude on Twitter and not vote for Hillary because she's apparently a  war-mongerer, take your vote and go home and let the fascist demagogue win by default.  Yay America.

I understand loathing Hillary, I do. I generally understand taking the Bortist stance of not voting in any election because the two party system is a joke, but yeah when you have one guy saying internment camps were a good idea and we need to ban entire religions and flaunting the support of white supremacists I think we can agree to choose the lesser evil and THEN start picking bones with her.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: March 02, 2016, 09:21:07 AM »

Manu?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: March 02, 2016, 09:37:54 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 02, 2016, 09:11:26 AM

I understand loathing Hillary, I do. I generally understand taking the Bortist stance of not voting in any election because the two party system is a joke, but yeah when you have one guy saying internment camps were a good idea and we need to ban entire religions and flaunting the support of white supremacists I think we can agree to choose the lesser evil and THEN start picking bones with her.

It only matters in a handful of states. Illinois isn't one of those. I can leave the top line blank if I want. There is no moral imperative for me to participate in that. If I lived in Ohio, well, fuck.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: March 02, 2016, 09:43:21 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 02, 2016, 09:37:54 AM
Quote from: SKO on March 02, 2016, 09:11:26 AM

It only matters in a handful of states. Illinois isn't one of those. I can leave the top line blank if I want. There is no moral imperative for me to participate in that. If I lived in Ohio, well, fuck.

Yeah that's fair. Iowa is far more of a battleground (although I think we'd go for Hillary since we went Obama both times and Trump didn't even win the caucus) so I think I'd have to vote.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: March 02, 2016, 09:54:43 AM »
I probably already posted this here, but...

My theory is that Trump is wholly unelectable. He appeals to a particular -- admittedly, fairly large -- segment of the population that seek a certain kind of leader to protect their values and way of life. Those people dominate the Republican party, because Republican politicians have done a very effective job at pushing out "RINOs" over the past 40 years.

While I dread the possibility that non-Trump supporters will not be inspired enough to vote, giving him a chance of capturing the presidency, I truly believe that any opponent in a general election will triumph in a landslide because I just can't accept that there are enough idiots out there to get Trump in there.

I also suspect that, if Trump gets the nomination, McConnell and the other Republicans in the senate will reverse course on considering an Obama nominee for SCOTUS. They might get a moderate from Obama. They can't begin to predict who they would get if Trump was the one doing the selecting.
M'lady.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: March 02, 2016, 09:58:20 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on March 02, 2016, 09:54:43 AM

My theory is that Trump is wholly unelectable. He appeals to a particular -- admittedly, fairly large -- segment of the population that seek a certain kind of leader to protect their values and way of life. Those people dominate the Republican party, because Republican politicians have done a very effective job at pushing out "RINOs" over the past 40 years.

While I dread the possibility that non-Trump supporters will not be inspired enough to vote, giving him a chance of capturing the presidency, I truly believe that any opponent in a general election will triumph in a landslide because I just can't accept that there are enough idiots out there to get Trump in there.

I also suspect that, if Trump gets the nomination, McConnell and the other Republicans in the senate will reverse course on considering an Obama nominee for SCOTUS. They might get a moderate from Obama. They can't begin to predict who they would get if Trump was the one doing the selecting.

Again, it only matters in a handful of states. Florida is one of those. Have you ever been there? One would hope the Hispanic vote would propel his opponent to victory but what about the anti-Hispanic vote?

Look at this:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/fl/florida_trump_vs_clinton-5635.html

Don't get complacent. This threat is real.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: March 02, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »
Trump vs. Clinton

South Carolina: Trump +5 (November '15)
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/sc/south_carolina_trump_vs_clinton-5748.html

Virginia: Clinton +13
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/va/virginia_trump_vs_clinton-5542.html

Ohio: Trump +2
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/oh/ohio_trump_vs_clinton-5634.html

Pennsylvania: Tie.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/pa/pennsylvania_trump_vs_clinton-5633.html

We're in for the fight of our lives out here. One major scandal for Hillary - and boy, wheresoever will they find one of those - and we're throwing rocks at the Brown Shirts in the streets for four years.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: March 02, 2016, 10:10:51 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 02, 2016, 09:58:20 AM

Again, it only matters in a handful of states. Florida is one of those. Have you ever been there? One would hope the Hispanic vote would propel his opponent to victory but what about the anti-Hispanic vote?

Look at this:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/fl/florida_trump_vs_clinton-5635.html

I've seen those numbers. My solace is that most people still aren't following the election cycle, and polling this early is hard to take seriously.
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: March 02, 2016, 10:13:37 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on March 02, 2016, 10:10:51 AM

Look at this:

I've seen those numbers. My solace is that most people still aren't following the election cycle, and polling this early is hard to take seriously.

I agree that the national polls are too early.

Also, I'm confused about the inclusion of South Carolina on the list above. Were you thinking there was a chance that the Dems would win that one?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: March 02, 2016, 10:20:51 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on March 02, 2016, 10:13:37 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on March 02, 2016, 10:10:51 AM

Look at this:

I agree that the national polls are too early.

Also, I'm confused about the inclusion of South Carolina on the list above. Were you thinking there was a chance that the Dems would win that one?

Romney took it by less than 5% in 2012. I was looking at only states within that margin. Yes, that's 9 certain points in the Red.