News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Dock Ellis & The LSD No-No  ( 18,189 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Dock Ellis & The LSD No-No
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2015, 07:58:09 AM »
For those following along - Huey avert your eyes - my interview went well enough yesterday. The CEO told me he wants me to visit in person with a senior VP, whom I've already spoken with by phone. That will involve a drive to the burbs and possibly a trip to a client site.

My belief is that companies don't normally give a person this type of runaround unless they're very serious. They say they're trying to make sure I'm a good fit for the company culture  (affable guy like me, what's not to love?) But what they really want to know is if you'll show up where you're supposed to be when they ask you to and look ready for business.

I also learned (through context clues) that they're adding more than just one person.

Consistently talking about this is making me uneasy, FYI. So this will be my last post on the subject until the end of the saga.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2015, 08:13:18 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 17, 2015, 07:58:09 AM
For those following along - Huey avert your eyes - my interview went well enough yesterday. The CEO told me he wants me to visit in person with a senior VP, whom I've already spoken with by phone. That will involve a drive to the burbs and possibly a trip to a client site.

My belief is that companies don't normally give a person this type of runaround unless they're very serious. They say they're trying to make sure I'm a good fit for the company culture  (affable guy like me, what's not to love?) But what they really want to know is if you'll show up where you're supposed to be when they ask you to and look ready for business.

I also learned (through context clues) that they're adding more than just one person.

Consistently talking about this is making me uneasy, FYI. So this will be my last post on the subject until the end of the saga.

Did you tell them you have ill rhymes for the house?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2015, 08:51:06 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 17, 2015, 08:13:18 AM

Yes and I did jam it on the one for them as well.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2015, 08:57:28 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 17, 2015, 08:51:06 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 17, 2015, 08:13:18 AM

Yes and I did jam it on the one for them as well.

Huxtastink is terrible.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2015, 09:29:28 AM »
Here's my interpretation of how Apex's interview actually went:

Scene: Wood paneled office.  The CEO sits behind a mahogany desk large enough to land a plane on.

CEO: *presses intercom button*: "Martha, please send in the next candidate."

*Enter Apex, he is wearing a suit and tie, but no shirt. The sleeves have been cut off his jacket*

CEO: "Your credentials and references are impeccable sir.  So my only question is, what can you tell me that I don't already know?"

Apex: "In softball, a leadoff triple is as good as a home run. Jose Macias was bad, but so was Jeromy Burnitz. Ken Griffey Jr. never lifted a weight in his damn life."

CEO: *Leans back in his chair, looks thoughtful, then pushes a button on his desk*

*A hatch in the ceiling opens, and a mixture of balloons, confetti and hundred dollar bills falls rains down on the room*

Apex: *stands up from his chair with his arms raised triumphantly in the air*

Apex: "Bazinga."

/scene

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2015, 09:34:14 AM »

Good luck. You'll be toasting Jay Cutler in Virginia McCaskey's suite with the other bigwigs in no time.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2015, 10:10:16 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 17, 2015, 09:29:28 AM

Scene: Wood paneled office.  The CEO sits behind a mahogany desk large enough to land a plane on.

*Enter Apex, he is wearing a suit and tie, but no shirt. The sleeves have been cut off his jacket*

CEO: "Your credentials and references are impeccable sir.  So my only question is, what can you tell me that I don't already know?"

Apex: "In softball, a leadoff triple is as good as a home run. Jose Macias was bad, but so was Jeromy Burnitz. Ken Griffey Jr. never lifted a weight in his damn life."

CEO: *Leans back in his chair, looks thoughtful, then pushes a button on his desk*

*A hatch in the ceiling opens, and a mixture of balloons, confetti and hundred dollar bills falls rains down on the room*

/scene

You should write for a blog.
TIME TO POST!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2015, 10:54:33 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on November 17, 2015, 10:10:16 AM

/scene

he's too lazy /huey

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2015, 11:56:46 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on November 17, 2015, 10:54:33 AM

/scene

he's too lazy /huey

Huh?

CAN SOMEONE PROVIDE YETI WITH AN ACCURATE MEMELIST?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2015, 12:14:15 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on November 17, 2015, 11:56:46 AM

/scene

he's too lazy /huey

Huh?

I think he's talking about the Hockeenight thing.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2015, 12:49:12 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 17, 2015, 12:14:15 PM
Quote from: PANK! on November 17, 2015, 11:56:46 AM

/scene

he's too lazy /huey

Huh?

I think he's talking about the Hockeenight thing.

that

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2015, 08:20:56 AM »

/scene

Anyone going to apply for this?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2015, 08:31:39 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 18, 2015, 08:20:56 AM

/scene

I imagine ChuckD is the only person here who would have any glimmer of hope.

If we're talking people very loosely in our circles, I wonder if Harry Pavlidis is a fit since so much of his work is PITCHf/x focused.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2015, 08:36:53 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 18, 2015, 08:31:39 AM

Scene: Wood paneled office.  The CEO sits behind a mahogany desk large enough to land a plane on.

CEO: "Your credentials and references are impeccable sir.  So my only question is, what can you tell me that I don't already know?"

/scene

If we're talking people very loosely in our circles, I wonder if Harry Pavlidis is a fit since so much of his work is PITCHf/x focused.

Wait...he's loosely in our circles?  Did I miss something?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2015, 08:38:50 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 18, 2015, 08:36:53 AM
Quote from: Eli on November 18, 2015, 08:31:39 AM

Scene: Wood paneled office.  The CEO sits behind a mahogany desk large enough to land a plane on.

CEO: "Your credentials and references are impeccable sir.  So my only question is, what can you tell me that I don't already know?"

/scene

Wait...he's loosely in our circles?  Did I miss something?

He talks to some of us on twitter sometimes, maybe? Or maybe he follows Andy. I think they all follow Andy.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015