News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009 College Football Thread  ( 117,114 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009 College Football Thread
« Reply #420 on: November 01, 2009, 01:24:19 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 01, 2009, 11:54:49 AM
Also, I don't want to dispute that Iowa's not as good as their rating (they aren't), but they weren't stumbling against the "steel curtain of the Hoosiers" so much as they were forced to throw (as they're down to their 4th string HB) against a pretty nasty wind. Check the splits:

QB WIND C A Y TD INT
CHAPPELL TOTAL 23 41 227 2 3
STANZI TOTAL 13 26 337 2 5

CHAPPELL WITH 1,3 7 16 116 0 1
CHAPPELL AGAINST 2,4 16 25 111 2 2
STANZI AGAINST 1,3 4 16 47 0 5
STANZI WITH 2,4 9 10 290 2 0

TOTAL AGAINST 20 41 158 2 7
TOTAL WITH 16 26 406 2 1

Makes sense.  Too much sense.  I don't buy it, math geek.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: November 01, 2009, 02:11:54 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 31, 2009, 02:24:27 PM
I still really have no clue how good Iowa's football team is. I'll just let that all play out. But I'm done speculating on one thing. Bob Davie is the worst announcer in sports. He makes Tim McCarver look like John Madden circa 1985. My head is fucking throbbing right now. Oh my goodness gracious me.

Are you ready for some FOOTBAW?
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: November 01, 2009, 06:47:39 PM »
So SKO is trying really hard to make this argument complicated, and that's cool because it's good stuff. Is Iowa better than Texas? Probably not. But it's a fun debate.

Like I said at the beginning, I want Iowa to win out. I also want to see Texas and Florida/Alabama win out. Because now, instead of two undefeated teams along with some small conference nobodies, you'll have three undefeated schools from major BCS conferences. It would be awesome to behold the outrage.

That is my wish.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: November 01, 2009, 06:53:57 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 01, 2009, 06:47:39 PM
So SKO is trying really hard to make this argument complicated, and that's cool because it's good stuff. Is Iowa better than Texas? Probably not. But it's a fun debate.

Like I said at the beginning, I want Iowa to win out. I also want to see Texas and Florida/Alabama win out. Because now, instead of two undefeated teams along with some small conference nobodies, you'll have three undefeated schools from major BCS conferences. It would be awesome to behold the outrage.

That is my wish.

I'm with Slak, I don't care what happens as long as there's lots of outrage.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: November 01, 2009, 08:16:26 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 01, 2009, 06:53:57 PM

That is my wish.

There's not going to be any outrage. Any controversy will go away when Iowa loses in the Rose Bowl before Texas and the SEC winner play for the title.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: November 01, 2009, 08:26:42 PM »
Quote from: Tony on November 01, 2009, 08:16:26 PM

That is my wish.

There's not going to be any outrage. Any controversy will go away when Iowa loses in the Rose Bowl before Texas and the SEC winner play for the title.

I'll be outraged if there's no outrage.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: November 01, 2009, 09:53:02 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 01, 2009, 08:26:42 PM
Quote from: Tony on November 01, 2009, 08:16:26 PM

That is my wish.

I'll be outraged if there's no outrage.

Then I can be outraged that the outraged dare to be outraged over an inherently outrageous system.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: November 01, 2009, 09:53:51 PM »

That is my wish.

My guess is the outrage wouldn't be any different than the first time it happened in 2004.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: November 01, 2009, 09:54:51 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 01, 2009, 09:53:51 PM

That is my wish.

My guess is the outrage wouldn't be any different than the first time it happened in 2004.

Yeah but that outrage came from outraged Auburn fans, and they aren't as vocal as Real football fans, like Iowans.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: November 01, 2009, 11:19:57 PM »

That is my wish.

Right but that was some sweet outrage. I've been waiting for five years to rage out. Now is this time.

Who am I kidding - it's never gonna hai.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: November 02, 2009, 09:41:33 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 01, 2009, 09:54:51 PM

That is my wish.

Yeah but that outrage came from outraged Auburn fans, and they aren't as vocal as Real football fans, like Iowans.

Good point. Plus, Iowans also know how to use computers so they can get their outrage out in public more easily than Auburn fans can.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: November 02, 2009, 10:26:26 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 02, 2009, 09:41:33 AM

That is my wish.

Good point. Plus, Iowans also know how to use computers so they can get their outrage out in public more easily than Auburn fans can.

Hey...people in Alabama are way better at computers than people in Mississippi.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: November 02, 2009, 10:31:01 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 02, 2009, 10:26:26 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 02, 2009, 09:41:33 AM

That is my wish.

Hey...people in Alabama are way better at computers than people in Mississippi.

#7!!!!
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: November 07, 2009, 02:04:23 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on October 29, 2009, 09:39:43 AM
Man, SKO has a pretty strong anti-Iowa obsession going. You'd think he was going to team up with Deon Thomas and knock off Bruce Pearl.  

Nobody here has described their schedule as a " fucking gauntlet". In fact, I hate the fact that Iowa State winning is helping their opponents' winning percentage. I'd just as soon see them go 0-for. It's pretty much mandated that they play the Cyclowns annually. And ISU boosts their ticket prices to something like $90 for that game in the years they host Iowa, and force ticket buyers for that game to also purchase a ticket for a November game against a shitty Big 12 opponent. So Iowa is basically subsidizing their football program. Same with UNI, who I'm sure gets a pretty good pay-out to drive a couple of hours south.

That said, if Iowa somehow pulls off a win at Ohio State and doesn't stumble at home against Indiana, Northwestern, or Minnesota, that makes them 12-0. And if the other stuff plays out, an undefeated Big 10 team is pretty impressive.  

So much for those 15 pages'd
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: November 07, 2009, 02:07:25 PM »
I'm not gonna be that guy....

Iowa lost. Chuckles.