News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009 College Football Thread  ( 117,152 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009 College Football Thread
« Reply #570 on: November 21, 2009, 05:47:19 PM »
Well the coaches did their best to give Wisconsin multiple chances at the end (QB run on 3rd down instead of a short pass when you need one first down to win?  really?), but that was a nice win for the Cats.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #571 on: November 21, 2009, 07:37:39 PM »
Quote from: C-C-Cats on November 21, 2009, 05:47:19 PM
Well the coaches did their best to give Wisconsin multiple chances at the end (QB run on 3rd down instead of a short pass when you need one first down to win?  really?), but that was a nice win for the Cats.

I had no problem with the QB run there, as it was somewhat disguised, and it did run 40+ seconds of the clock, at a time where there would otherwise been 1:30 left in the game had a ball been dropped.  Northwestern has really stepped it up at the end of the season (unlike Michigan, ND and the Bears)
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #572 on: November 21, 2009, 08:27:15 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on November 21, 2009, 07:37:39 PM

I had no problem with the QB run there, as it was somewhat disguised, and it did run 40+ seconds of the clock, at a time where there would otherwise been 1:30 left in the game had a ball been dropped.  Northwestern has really stepped it up at the end of the season (unlike Michigan, ND and the Bears)

Yeah, admittedly it could go either way, but I would rather trust the QB with the highest completion percentage in the conference to get that one first down you need to win the game with a short pass, which is all NU does according to most commentators ("dink and dunk").  I'm assuming you were there, how was it?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #573 on: November 21, 2009, 08:46:46 PM »
Quote from: C-C-Cats on November 21, 2009, 08:27:15 PM
Quote from: thehawk on November 21, 2009, 07:37:39 PM

Yeah, admittedly it could go either way, but I would rather trust the QB with the highest completion percentage in the conference to get that one first down you need to win the game with a short pass, which is all NU does according to most commentators ("dink and dunk").  I'm assuming you were there, how was it?

I was there, and it was awesome.  Great atmosphere, with loads of folks in both purple and red, and the crowd rocked, and the students rushed the field when it was over  .

Funny you should mention the dinking and dunking, as Kafka had several long strikes, and the Cats pulled off a 40+ yard halfback option as well.

One reason why they may have decided not to throw on that 3rd down was that Wisconsin started playing the receivers very close (and the refs were not calling PI), so the call made sense to all of us who were there.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #574 on: November 21, 2009, 10:03:23 PM »
What the crap?  Arkansas has looked pretty good lately.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #575 on: November 21, 2009, 10:25:45 PM »
Quote from: JD on November 21, 2009, 10:03:23 PM
What the crap?  Arkansas has looked pretty good lately.

Your old coach from Fayeteville did his damndest to piss away an upset of LSU by going for two early in the third quarter.  I was kind of hoping LSU woulda pulled that game out just because of it.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #576 on: November 21, 2009, 10:52:50 PM »
Quote from: MAD on November 21, 2009, 10:25:45 PM

Your old coach from Fayeteville did his damndest to piss away an upset of LSU by going for two early in the third quarter.  I was kind of hoping LSU woulda pulled that game out just because of it.

But since they didn't we can all point and laugh at *IAN.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #577 on: November 21, 2009, 10:55:43 PM »
Quote from: MAD on November 21, 2009, 10:25:45 PM

That guy...that guy is not a very good coach.  I don't think he'll make it to the end of next season in Oxford. 

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #578 on: November 22, 2009, 12:05:18 AM »

They have Ryan Mallet. He has what one would call "a fucking cannon" for an arm. He's only a redshirt sophomore but he's thrown 28 tds and 5 ints. If he aint the first pick in the 2011 or 2012 draft, I'll be shocked.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #579 on: November 22, 2009, 07:56:53 AM »
TJ Brown should start a soccer thread.

Cuz that's the only sport IU can beat Purdue in.

HA HA HA HA HAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #580 on: November 22, 2009, 10:28:22 AM »
Cal beat Stanfoo.  Cal is 8 and 3 on the season.   But I wouldn't care if they were 1 and 10 if that one was Stanfoo.  At the start of the season I was bragging about Jahvid Best, who suffered his second concussion this season in a spectacular wipeout  two weeks ago while scoring a touchdown.  The second string back, Shane Vereen, carried the ball 42 times last night for 193 yards, outshining Stanfoo's Toby Gerhart, who is an outstanding football player and will have a very good professional career, if he doesn't decide to play baseball instead.   (Forgive the "wipeout" comment, dude, I am a Californian now.)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #581 on: November 22, 2009, 02:20:35 PM »
Yeah, well, my high school's football team stomped the living shit out of RV's (and possibly Morph's?) alma mater on Saturday, so I got that.

PEORIA CLASS, indeed.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #582 on: November 22, 2009, 03:27:37 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 22, 2009, 12:05:18 AM

They have Ryan Mallet. He has what one would call "a fucking cannon" for an arm. He's only a redshirt sophomore but he's thrown 28 tds and 5 ints. If he aint the first pick in the 2011 or 2012 draft, I'll be shocked.

If he plays well against LSU and then the bowl game, then he's gone after THIS season.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #583 on: November 22, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 22, 2009, 02:20:35 PM
Yeah, well, my high school's football team stomped the living shit out of RV's (and possibly Morph's?) alma mater on Saturday, so I got that.

PEORIA CLASS, indeed.

They were indeed abused like a handsome altar boy. Five turnovers in the first half, seven for the game. Stupid Joliet Catholic and their neverending powerhouse.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #584 on: November 23, 2009, 10:54:06 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 22, 2009, 10:28:22 AM
Cal beat Stanfoo.  Cal is 8 and 3 on the season.   But I wouldn't care if they were 1 and 10 if that one was Stanfoo.  At the start of the season I was bragging about Jahvid Best, who suffered his second concussion this season in a spectacular wipeout  two weeks ago while scoring a touchdown.  The second string back, Shane Vereen, carried the ball 42 times last night for 193 yards, outshining Stanfoo's Toby Gerhart, who is an outstanding football player and will have a very good professional career, if he doesn't decide to play baseball instead.   (Forgive the "wipeout" comment, dude, I am a Californian now.)

Yet another in a long line of successful white NFL Running Backs.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.