News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bearbonnais 2012: Emstink is Wonderful.  ( 19,576 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bearbonnais 2012: Emstink is Wonderful.
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »
Per the Twittermachine, the Bears have brought back Rashied Davis. They (and I) missed his musk. #EmstinkIsWonderful
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 07:29:08 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 06, 2012, 12:44:08 PM
Per the Twittermachine, the Bears have brought back Rashied Davis. They (and I) missed his musk. #EmstinkIsWonderful

After Devin Thomas "retired." The important thing is they brought in someone who is likely to keep Sanzenfucker off the roster.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 07:48:39 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 06, 2012, 07:29:08 PM

After Devin Thomas "retired." The important thing is they brought in someone who is likely to keep Sanzenfucker off the roster.

Unfortunately, that someone is Rashied Davis. At this point, I'll take Sanzenfucker.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on August 06, 2012, 07:48:39 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 06, 2012, 07:29:08 PM

Unfortunately, that someone is Rashied Davis. At this point, I'll take Sanzenfucker.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Since neither guy could catch AIDS in an African dick storm, why wouldn't you at least want the four-way special teams ace on your roster?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »
Not for nothing--okay, maybe for nothing--but Rashied Davis will always be remembered fondly by me for making several big catches in the SUPA BOWE year.  I know he sucks but I can't quite rip on the guy either.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 12:12:30 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 06, 2012, 09:33:01 PM
Not for nothing--okay, maybe for nothing--but Rashied Davis will always be remembered fondly by me for making several big catches in the SUPA BOWE year.  I know he sucks but I can't quite rip on the guy either.

The game winner against the Vikings, the reception in OT to set up the game winning FG against Seattle in the playoffs. He's also a stellar fucking gunner. Sanzenfucker is short, slow, drops passes, and hasn't done anything noteworthy on special teams. That said, Cutler seems to like him, so he might make it simply because of that. Not sure why Cutler would handicap himself by insisting on a roster spot for a guy who drops as many passes as he catches, but maybe it's like Greg Maddux insisting that Paul Bako be his personal catcher.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »
Bears name J'Marcus Webb 2nd worst LT in the league.  Chris Williams takes the top spot.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/08/jmarcus_webb_and_gabe_carimi_w.html

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »
Quote from: CT III on August 07, 2012, 11:19:56 AM
Bears name J'Marcus Webb 2nd worst LT in the league.  Chris Williams takes the top spot.

It's not the beginning of the end it's the end of the beginning or something Tice, schemes, something else, jew penises.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 12:04:29 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 07, 2012, 12:12:30 AM

The game winner against the Vikings, the reception in OT to set up the game winning FG against Seattle in the playoffs. He's also a stellar fucking gunner. Sanzenfucker is short, slow, drops passes, and hasn't done anything noteworthy on special teams. That said, Cutler seems to like him, so he might make it simply because of that. Not sure why Cutler would handicap himself by insisting on a roster spot for a guy who drops as many passes as he catches, but maybe it's like Greg Maddux insisting that Paul Bako be his personal catcher.

If those two catches were all Rashied Davis ever did it would be reason enough to love the guy.

This is kind of random.... I had a dream once where Davis was decapitated during a game. He was lying on the ground after a big hit and Peanut grabbed his hands to help him up, but when he did his head stayed on the ground. Just sitting there in the helmet. It was kind of a weird dream.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 12:07:16 PM »
Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2012, 12:04:29 PM

If those two catches were all Rashied Davis ever did it would be reason enough to love the guy.

This is kind of random.... I had a dream once where Davis was decapitated during a game. He was lying on the ground after a big hit and Peanut grabbed his hands to help him up, but when he did his head stayed on the ground. Just sitting there in the helmet. It was kind of a weird dream.

Yea, but why would Peanut be helping him up

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 12:15:39 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on August 07, 2012, 12:07:16 PM

B/c he picked the wrong guy to cover?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 12:20:38 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on August 07, 2012, 12:07:16 PM

Because he's a nice guy.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 07, 2012, 11:42:40 AM

It's not the beginning of the end it's the end of the beginning or something Tice, schemes, something else, jew penises.
That's probably still the right call. Chris Williams at this point is probably the less mistake-prone player, but J'Marcus still has a ton of talent. I'm not a big Webb defender, but if you want to make the most of this news, Webb's biggest issue is stupidity, not consistency. I've mentioned before that, while Pro Football Focus had him ranked low overall on the season, he was a solid run blocker and his pass blocking was average or above average in most of his games. Unfortunately, the games where he graded out poorly were utter fucking disasters like Detroit, KC, Denver, and Seattle. Understandably, the Bears are thinking that if he was a respectable tackle most of the time who merely fucked up tremendously when he was put in bad situations, you reduce the number of bad situations and hope all goes well from there. I still think they'll be able to patchwork their way through this season at LT and then make that their top offseason priority. If Carimi stays healthy they've got more than enough depth at the other four spots on the line to be a productive offense. You can hide a LT if you have to, especially if you're going to be running a decent amount of bootlegs with a right handed passer.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 05:46:09 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 07, 2012, 05:11:09 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 07, 2012, 11:42:40 AM

That's probably still the right call. Chris Williams at this point is probably the less mistake-prone player, but J'Marcus still has a ton of talent. I'm not a big Webb defender, but if you want to make the most of this news, Webb's biggest issue is stupidity, not consistency. I've mentioned before that, while Pro Football Focus had him ranked low overall on the season, he was a solid run blocker and his pass blocking was average or above average in most of his games. Unfortunately, the games where he graded out poorly were utter fucking disasters like Detroit, KC, Denver, and Seattle. Understandably, the Bears are thinking that if he was a respectable tackle most of the time who merely fucked up tremendously when he was put in bad situations, you reduce the number of bad situations and hope all goes well from there. I still think they'll be able to patchwork their way through this season at LT and then make that their top offseason priority. If Carimi stays healthy they've got more than enough depth at the other four spots on the line to be a productive offense. You can hide a LT if you have to, especially if you're going to be running a decent amount of bootlegs with a right handed passer.

Yeah. That's what I said.