News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 161,701 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #855 on: May 31, 2016, 12:41:40 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 31, 2016, 12:22:23 PM
Quote from: Grandmaster Wang on May 31, 2016, 12:10:14 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 31, 2016, 11:05:49 AMjust the "hey why bother even getting pissed off about any inexplicably lucky performances the Cardinals are getting, they don't matter at all anymore" part. There's still a chance they could get in as the wildcard, and then have 29 year old rookie Jehosephat Hanzenbacher go 10-15 with 10 homers as a pinch hitter. Until they are buried we must punch down as hard as possible as frequently as possible.

I agree, but for me it's more of an "It ALL matters" kind of thing. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm greedy. If this thing truly is finally happening, and all indications are that it is, I want ALL of it. I want it to be The Season of Fuck for everybody else. All scores settled, all grudges taken out, mudholes stomped in every single fucko. I'm one of those guys who doesn't really even give a shit about the Shite Sox, but I know a lot of Cubs fans do, so I hope they fuck off and die. I want Grichuk to star in the story of a man who gets told to suck it and then gets kicked in the face 20 times. I want to witness Sean Rodriguez sobbing uncontrollably right there on the field. I've got nothing against Jung Ho Kang, but I want Jorge to make orphans of his children. I want them to figure out a way to humiliate Steve Garvey and Will Clark somehow, just for the hell of it. I want it all, even the unimportant shit. I want nine Cubs in the ASG. I want Bryant to unleash a firehose of splooge upon the HR Derby. I want all the goddamn postseason awards. I want David Ross to somehow be named NL ROY. I want Jake to knock Kershaw from a game with a granny to make it 10-0 in the 2nd, and then go ahead and do the perfect game just because fuck them. I want them to pound Dusty's cock in the dirt. I want them to win 135 games with a run differential of +fuckyou. And I want them to do all that while smiling and dancing and acting a fool, blissfully unconcerned with how much they're chapping everybody else's ass. I mean, if you're gonna do it, might as well go full-bore with it. Eat souls. Burn shit down. Let em all go to hell, except Cave 76.

All the scores get settled.

I immediately thought of the exact same thing.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #856 on: May 31, 2016, 01:43:35 PM »
Quote from: CT III on May 31, 2016, 12:41:40 PM
Quote from: Oleg on May 31, 2016, 12:22:23 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 31, 2016, 11:05:49 AMjust the "hey why bother even getting pissed off about any inexplicably lucky performances the Cardinals are getting, they don't matter at all anymore" part. There's still a chance they could get in as the wildcard, and then have 29 year old rookie Jehosephat Hanzenbacher go 10-15 with 10 homers as a pinch hitter. Until they are buried we must punch down as hard as possible as frequently as possible.

I agree, but for me it's more of an "It ALL matters" kind of thing. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm greedy. If this thing truly is finally happening, and all indications are that it is, I want ALL of it. I want it to be The Season of Fuck for everybody else. All scores settled, all grudges taken out, mudholes stomped in every single fucko. I'm one of those guys who doesn't really even give a shit about the Shite Sox, but I know a lot of Cubs fans do, so I hope they fuck off and die. I want Grichuk to star in the story of a man who gets told to suck it and then gets kicked in the face 20 times. I want to witness Sean Rodriguez sobbing uncontrollably right there on the field. I've got nothing against Jung Ho Kang, but I want Jorge to make orphans of his children. I want them to figure out a way to humiliate Steve Garvey and Will Clark somehow, just for the hell of it. I want it all, even the unimportant shit. I want nine Cubs in the ASG. I want Bryant to unleash a firehose of splooge upon the HR Derby. I want all the goddamn postseason awards. I want David Ross to somehow be named NL ROY. I want Jake to knock Kershaw from a game with a granny to make it 10-0 in the 2nd, and then go ahead and do the perfect game just because fuck them. I want them to pound Dusty's cock in the dirt. I want them to win 135 games with a run differential of +fuckyou. And I want them to do all that while smiling and dancing and acting a fool, blissfully unconcerned with how much they're chapping everybody else's ass. I mean, if you're gonna do it, might as well go full-bore with it. Eat souls. Burn shit down. Let em all go to hell, except Cave 76.

All the scores get settled.

I immediately thought of the exact same thing.

Yes. And this is fitting.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #857 on: May 31, 2016, 03:19:39 PM »

All of this and Dick Beard getting his facial pubes burned off by a Javier Baez line drive.

Jordan over Ehlo fist pump.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #858 on: May 31, 2016, 03:38:11 PM »

Outstanding.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #859 on: May 31, 2016, 06:18:40 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 31, 2016, 03:19:39 PM

All of this and Dick Beard getting his facial pubes burned off by a Javier Baez line drive.

Facial pubes?  And his name is Beard?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #860 on: May 31, 2016, 07:50:24 PM »

If I ever go back into acting, this is my audition monologue.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #861 on: June 01, 2016, 01:25:53 AM »

You forgot to drop the mic.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #862 on: June 01, 2016, 04:03:52 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 31, 2016, 06:18:40 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 31, 2016, 03:19:39 PM

Facial pubes?  And his name is Beard?

IT'S BEARD-FAH-SAY!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #863 on: June 01, 2016, 12:37:35 PM »
That post was epic, but needed to be a bit more specific as to who we curbstomp along the way to winning said World Series. Should it be rematches from last year? Beat up on St. Louis, just cuz FUCK them and then the Mets for last year and '69? Who do we want in the Series since apparently the Shite Sox are about to fall off the face of the planet? Unfortunately the Evil empire's not been the same the last 5-7 yrs or so and shouldn't make it this year. Do we want Theo to stick it to his former team and we can hear the crying of all the uppity Bostonites?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #864 on: June 01, 2016, 01:32:33 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on June 01, 2016, 12:37:35 PM
That post was epic, but needed to be a bit more specific as to who we curbstomp along the way to winning said World Series. Should it be rematches from last year? Beat up on St. Louis, just cuz FUCK them and then the Mets for last year and '69? Who do we want in the Series since apparently the Shite Sox are about to fall off the face of the planet? Unfortunately the Evil empire's not been the same the last 5-7 yrs or so and shouldn't make it this year. Do we want Theo to stick it to his former team and we can hear the crying of all the uppity Bostonites?

I want it to be a warm weather team so Soler can be a one-man Viking funeral.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #865 on: June 01, 2016, 02:07:07 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 01, 2016, 01:32:33 PM

I don't think it needs to be warm weather if the occasion is a Viking Funeral.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #866 on: June 01, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »

I know the guy has struggled this year but I don't think it's cool to wish he was dead.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #867 on: June 01, 2016, 02:25:37 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 01, 2016, 02:11:32 PM

I know the guy has struggled this year but I don't think it's cool to wish he was dead.

Yeah he's not Jason Heyward. #FullMeatballUntilHisOPSisOver700
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #868 on: June 01, 2016, 03:14:29 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 01, 2016, 02:25:37 PM
Quote from: Eli on June 01, 2016, 02:11:32 PM

Yeah he's not Jason Heyward. #FullMeatballUntilHisOPSisOver700

700? Way to shoot for the stars. Bullshit toleration, I tells ya.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #869 on: June 01, 2016, 10:52:56 PM »

Boston. It's gotta be Boston.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."