News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 161,701 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #870 on: June 02, 2016, 07:21:04 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on June 01, 2016, 10:52:56 PM
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on June 01, 2016, 12:37:35 PM
That post was epic, but needed to be a bit more specific as to who we curbstomp along the way to winning said World Series. Should it be rematches from last year? Beat up on St. Louis, just cuz FUCK them and then the Mets for last year and '69? Who do we want in the Series since apparently the Shite Sox are about to fall off the face of the planet? Unfortunately the Evil empire's not been the same the last 5-7 yrs or so and shouldn't make it this year. Do we want Theo to stick it to his former team and we can hear the crying of all the uppity Bostonites?

Boston. It's gotta be Boston.

Oh definitely Boston, after the Cubs finish off the sweep of their sorry ass pitching staff, Theo comes out onto the field with chicken and beer for Lester and Lackey and the gang.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #871 on: June 02, 2016, 08:46:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2016, 07:21:04 AM
That post was epic, but needed to be a bit more specific as to who we curbstomp along the way to winning said World Series. Should it be rematches from last year? Beat up on St. Louis, just cuz FUCK them and then the Mets for last year and '69? Who do we want in the Series since apparently the Shite Sox are about to fall off the face of the planet? Unfortunately the Evil empire's not been the same the last 5-7 yrs or so and shouldn't make it this year. Do we want Theo to stick it to his former team and we can hear the crying of all the uppity Bostonites?

Oh definitely Boston, after the Cubs finish off the sweep of their sorry ass pitching staff, Theo comes out onto the field with chicken and beer for Lester and Lackey and the gang.

Their sorry ass pitching staff is now down to 4 starters. I don't think they'll be able to hold off Toronto.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #872 on: June 02, 2016, 08:48:49 AM »

Here's a short list of teams I would be satisfied watching the Cubs play and beat in the World Series:

ANY OF THEM, I DON'T CARE.
M'lady.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #873 on: June 02, 2016, 08:49:19 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 02, 2016, 08:46:35 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 02, 2016, 07:21:04 AM

Their sorry ass pitching staff is now down to 4 starters. I don't think they'll be able to hold off Toronto.

I really hope Toronto gets back to the playoffs.  I especially hope they face the Rangers again.
M'lady.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #874 on: June 09, 2016, 08:31:57 PM »
With the 23rd pick, the Cardinals took Delvin Perez, a SS who has already failed a PED test.

Going back to what worked.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #875 on: June 10, 2016, 07:41:36 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 09, 2016, 08:31:57 PM
With the 23rd pick, the Cardinals took Delvin Perez, a SS who has already failed a PED test.

They think Arrieta's on the juice anyway. Also, we had Sammy. I don't know if these jokes work.

And to make this post more insufferable, if the worst thing that happens is rival fans say you drafted a known PED user but you got amazing value for a pick who would have eventually been picked by someone anyway...well that's just good business.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #876 on: June 10, 2016, 07:46:59 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 10, 2016, 07:41:36 AM

They think Arrieta's on the juice anyway. Also, we had Sammy. I don't know if these jokes work.

And to make this post more insufferable, if the worst thing that happens is rival fans say you drafted a known PED user but you got amazing value for a pick who would have eventually been picked by someone anyway...well that's just good business.

Yeah it's a smart draft pick and exactly what I would have wanted the Cubs to do. But we can still throw their hypocrisy in their faces. Take what you can get I guess.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #877 on: June 10, 2016, 07:50:20 AM »

If the Cubs got him, I would have been ecstatic.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #878 on: June 10, 2016, 08:33:58 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on June 10, 2016, 07:50:20 AM

If the Cubs got him, I would have been ecstatic.

Yeah, let's see how much of a stud he is without juice.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #879 on: June 10, 2016, 01:10:23 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 10, 2016, 07:46:59 AM

Yeah it's a smart draft pick and exactly what I would have wanted the Cubs to do. But we can still throw their hypocrisy in their faces. Take what you can get I guess.

GM Fork does not approve of the pick. Let's not lose focus here.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #880 on: June 10, 2016, 01:30:51 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 10, 2016, 01:10:23 PM
Quote from: SKO on June 10, 2016, 07:46:59 AM

GM Fork does not approve of the pick. Let's not lose focus here.

I don't need to approve of shit. I hope he goes PED free and becomes Baseball Bosworth.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #881 on: June 20, 2016, 07:51:31 AM »
Yet another sad example of a Rookie of the Year* succumbing to the dreaded sophomore slump: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/16314450/st-louis-cardinals-call-tommy-pham-option-randal-grichuk-minors

*Deserved

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #882 on: June 21, 2016, 09:21:34 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 20, 2016, 07:51:31 AM
Yet another sad example of a Rookie of the Year* succumbing to the dreaded sophomore slump: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/16314450/st-louis-cardinals-call-tommy-pham-option-randal-grichuk-minors

*Deserved

I've decided he will win the MVP* this year.

*Deserved
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #883 on: June 21, 2016, 09:24:20 AM »
Quote from: Bort on June 21, 2016, 09:21:34 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 20, 2016, 07:51:31 AM

*Deserved

I've decided he will win the MVP* this year.

*Deserved**

**Pacific Coast League

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #884 on: June 22, 2016, 03:11:08 PM »
This series sucks.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?