News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,689 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #210 on: June 23, 2009, 07:33:44 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 23, 2009, 12:02:18 AM
Quote from: Brownie on June 22, 2009, 07:08:03 PM
Ramirez will be tough to re-sign, and that will be a tough blow. But then again, he'll be 33 during the 2011-2012 offseason.

If Vitters keeps progressing like he has been, it'll be an easy decision to let Ramirez walk away.

If Ramirez hits like Ramirez until then, I don't see it being an easy decision at all. But probably a necessary one.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: June 23, 2009, 07:39:39 AM »
Ramirez will be tough to re-sign, and that will be a tough blow. But then again, he'll be 33 during the 2011-2012 offseason.

If Vitters keeps progressing like he has been, it'll be an easy decision to let Ramirez walk away.
You could always move A Ram to first in 2011 if Vitters is ready by then.  Lee will be gone.  There is a way to get them both on the field.  Assuming Vitters gets here.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: June 23, 2009, 08:34:54 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 23, 2009, 07:33:44 AM

If Ramirez hits like Ramirez until then, I don't see it being an easy decision at all. But probably a necessary one.

Doom?

QuoteAfter taking swings, Ramirez is sure about one thing concerning the pain:

"It's going to be there for a while. It's getting better, but it's going to be there.

"When I start playing, it will still be there. It can't go away in two months; maybe [during] the off-season."

Ramirez said he had no trouble extending the left arm while taking ground balls, but the left arm to a right-handed swinger is perhaps the most important piece. It drives the ball and extends the bat.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: June 23, 2009, 08:59:18 AM »
I like where Lou said

Quote"Once we get Ramirez back, it's easy for me to put [Andres] Blanco at shortstop and move Fontenot to second."

And, put Theriot and Miles in a sack and throw them into Lake Michigan.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: June 23, 2009, 09:16:45 AM »
Quote from: Andy on June 23, 2009, 08:59:18 AM
I like where Lou said

Quote"Once we get Ramirez back, it's easy for me to put [Andres] Blanco at shortstop and move Fontenot to second."

And, put Theriot and Miles in a sack and throw them into Lake Michigan.

In all seriousness, assuming Blanco could play everyday at short--and call me a skeptic, but I'm still rather suspect about it--than my long-awaited Theriot/Fontenot platoon at the keystone may be realized.

But yeah--Aaron Miles.  Go away.  Please.  And take Farny Freel with you.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: June 23, 2009, 09:24:32 AM »
Maybe the Cubs should just DFA Freel and hang on to Blanco regardless.  I'm impressed with his defense.  If Andres can play SS everyday (When did we EVER think we'd be saying THAT?), then I'd prefer Theriot move to second as the primary.  Fontenot can go back to being a utility player, where he belongs.

Then again, I'd also prefer they trade for Hanley Ramirez and Chay Sutley.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: June 23, 2009, 09:35:06 AM »
Quote from: MAD on June 23, 2009, 09:16:45 AM
In all seriousness, assuming Blanco could play everyday at short--and call me a skeptic, but I'm still rather suspect about it--than my long-awaited Theriot/Fontenot platoon at the keystone may be realized.

I haven't had much of a chance to watch Blanco at short, but is his defense really that good?  He's going to struggle to OPS above .600 in the majors, so he better play defense like Ozzie Smith to justify his spot in the lineup.  You also said you're a skeptic, so I'm directing this more at the board in general.

And I'm right on board with the idea of consolidating the Cajun midgets into one platoon at 2B.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: June 23, 2009, 09:38:10 AM »
Quote from: Eli on June 23, 2009, 09:35:06 AM

I haven't had much of a chance to watch Blanco at short, but is his defense really that good?  He's going to struggle to OPS above .600 in the majors, so he better play defense like Ozzie Smith to justify his spot in the lineup.  You also said you're a skeptic, so I'm directing this more at the board in general.

And I'm right on board with the idea of consolidating the Cajun midgets into one platoon at 2B.

One could stand on the other's shoulders and be almost as tall as an adult.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: June 23, 2009, 09:40:56 AM »

What Eli said. This was one of those "enjoy a career minor leaguer's short-term success while we can" threads. Blanco's got a .633 career minor league OPS. He's a decent late inning defensive replacement/last guy on the bench type player. Unless he magically learns how to hit, which is a possibility I'm not entirely ruling out considering the pedigree of his last name.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »
Quote from: RV on June 23, 2009, 09:40:56 AM

What Eli said. This was one of those "enjoy a career minor leaguer's short-term success while we can" threads. Blanco's got a .633 career minor league OPS. He's a decent late inning defensive replacement/last guy on the bench type player. Unless he magically learns how to hit, which is a possibility I'm not entirely ruling out considering the pedigree of his last name.

Howevuh, if he does possess some sort of defensive wizadry at shortstop, they may be able to live with his Mendoza sucktitude in the lineup.  If you look around at the other 7 positions on the field--assuming Soto is, in fact, on his way back to not being sucky--it's a pretty good lineup.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2009, 09:57:32 AM »
Quote from: MAD on June 23, 2009, 09:50:00 AM
Quote from: RV on June 23, 2009, 09:40:56 AM

Howevuh, if he does possess some sort of defensive wizadry at shortstop, they may be able to live with his Mendoza sucktitude in the lineup.  If you look around at the other 7 positions on the field--assuming Soto is, in fact, on his way back to not being sucky--it's a pretty good lineup.

Yep, the factor of the greasy cajun platoonery at second might help hide Blanco's limp bat. He doesn't inspire confidence at the plate, but he has come up with a few timely hits this year.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2009, 10:05:13 AM »
We're on the kid's jock in two separate threads right now. I'm a fan of great defense at any position and would like to field an all-Blanco/Zambrano/Hart 40-man roster just to watch and soberly chart pitches in my fiancee's queer Japanese rabbit notebook. So anything I do or say about anything is extremely suspect. So I'm not saying anything really. 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: June 23, 2009, 10:07:06 AM »
If this means I don't ever have to see Aaron Miles on the playing surface again, I'm all for it.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: June 23, 2009, 10:23:57 AM »
I don't think anyone's advocating Andy White as the SS of the future. Just the SS for now.

They don't grow on trees. Except for Ol' Leafy Jones back in the 1890's. That sumbitch fell right off a majestic Oak.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: June 23, 2009, 10:30:13 AM »
I hope all you anti-Milton buttchuggers have been paying attention to the last week two weeks four weeks.

Last 7 days:  .381/.458/.476
Last 14:  .378/.439/.486
Last 28:  .333/.403/.433

To quote Lou Brown, "It's startin' to come together, Pepper.  Startin' to come together."
Hire Jim Essian!