News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,672 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #555 on: August 27, 2009, 10:42:22 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on August 27, 2009, 10:34:51 AM
I'm pretty sure the fans in RF are generally doucherockets that will say some extremely dumb things to a baseball player they apparently don't like.  And, we all know that Milton is a dickhead.  However, I can't help but smile when Milton gives those idiots a taste of their own medicine by mocking them.

I still like Milton Bradley.  I really hate these Cubs.

I was in RF two weeks ago. I didn't hear any slurs and didn't hear any booing directed at Milt. He also threw a ball to the fans after before every half-inning.

This is all just a distraction that Milt is creating because he feeds off this shit. It makes him better.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #556 on: August 27, 2009, 10:44:49 AM »
Quote from: Slak on August 27, 2009, 10:42:22 AM
I'm pretty sure the fans in RF are generally doucherockets that will say some extremely dumb things to a baseball player they apparently don't like.  And, we all know that Milton is a dickhead.  However, I can't help but smile when Milton gives those idiots a taste of their own medicine by mocking them.

I was in RF two weeks ago. I didn't hear any slurs and didn't hear any booing directed at Milt. He also threw a ball to the fans after before every half-inning.

This is all just a distraction that Milt is creating because he feeds off this shit. It makes him better.

I think he's great for the team and for the fans and for the game of baseball. 
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #557 on: August 27, 2009, 10:49:04 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on August 27, 2009, 10:44:49 AM

I don't know about GREAT.  I'd say "solid" or "pretty good."

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #558 on: August 27, 2009, 10:51:09 AM »

Whatever.  It's football season.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #559 on: August 27, 2009, 10:55:11 AM »

Bullshit.  He's been hearing it all the time.  Just check this single-point-in-time anecdotal evidence:

http://www.anothercubsblog.net/index.php/site/comments/bradley-will-probably-request-trade#76

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #560 on: August 27, 2009, 10:55:47 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 27, 2009, 10:49:04 AM

Would someone mind emailing me a transcript of this thread for my blog(s)?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #561 on: August 27, 2009, 11:11:23 AM »
Quote from: Jon on August 27, 2009, 10:55:47 AM

Since when do you have blogs?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #562 on: August 27, 2009, 11:27:34 AM »
Can someone explain the whole "shut the fuck and play ball" thing?  Is he not playing because he's answering reporters' questions?  Are you people just annoyed with him, and instead of changing your behavior (perhaps stop reading about him), you expect him to change who he is?  Would your criticism be any different if he didn't talk to reporters (would he then become an asshole who doesn't care)?  Does this mean none of you will be sending him a Christmas card?

Answers to these questions and more...on the next episode of Soap.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #563 on: August 27, 2009, 11:29:25 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 27, 2009, 11:11:23 AM
Quote from: Jon on August 27, 2009, 10:55:47 AM

Since when do you have blogs?

HEY! I was given a link!
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #564 on: August 27, 2009, 11:33:01 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 27, 2009, 11:27:34 AM
Can someone explain the whole "shut the fuck and play ball" thing?  Is he not playing because he's answering reporters' questions?  Are you people just annoyed with him, and instead of changing your behavior (perhaps stop reading about him), you expect him to change who he is?  Would your criticism be any different if he didn't talk to reporters (would he then become an asshole who doesn't care)?  Does this mean none of you will be sending him a Christmas card?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #565 on: August 27, 2009, 11:34:37 AM »

Shut the fuck up and sell computers.
Hire Jim Essian!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #566 on: August 27, 2009, 11:49:25 AM »
Oleg,

I wish he'd shut up and play ball for his own sake. Milton is worried about the criticism coming from the fans, but when he says the fans and teammates are not hospitable enough to him, it tends to provide more fodder for people to dislike him.

As far as the racist comments go, I'm sure he's heard them. Of course, did he not hear them in Cleveland? In Texas? In Oakland? In San Diego? In LA? In Montreal? Well maybe not in Montreal, because maybe Milton doesn't speak French, but he needs to deal with it. Piniella and Soriano played in fucking Yankee Stadium. Do you think either of them heard things below the pale?

Again, I think Milton should shut up and play ball, because it might do something good to his attitude and outlook. He likes who he is. I think he wants people to like him. He needs to either accept that some people won't like you no matter what, or that more people will like you if you quit your bitching about a job that pays out a mere $10 million per year.

I wasn't big on his signing, but I hardly think it's a disaster. So I want him to shut up and play ball, unlike guys like Todd Hundley. I wanted Hundley and LaTroy Hawkins to shut up and go away, or more important, go away.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #567 on: August 27, 2009, 11:59:14 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 27, 2009, 11:49:25 AM
Oleg,

I wish he'd shut up and play ball for his own sake. Milton is worried about the criticism coming from the fans, but when he says the fans and teammates are not hospitable enough to him, it tends to provide more fodder for people to dislike him.

As far as the racist comments go, I'm sure he's heard them. Of course, did he not hear them in Cleveland? In Texas? In Oakland? In San Diego? In LA? In Montreal? Well maybe not in Montreal, because maybe Milton doesn't speak French, but he needs to deal with it. Piniella and Soriano played in fucking Yankee Stadium. Do you think either of them heard things below the pale?

Again, I think Milton should shut up and play ball, because it might do something good to his attitude and outlook. He likes who he is. I think he wants people to like him. He needs to either accept that some people won't like you no matter what, or that more people will like you if you quit your bitching about a job that pays out a mere $10 million per year.

I wasn't big on his signing, but I hardly think it's a disaster. So I want him to shut up and play ball, unlike guys like Todd Hundley. I wanted Hundley and LaTroy Hawkins to shut up and go away, or more important, go away.

I'd rather hate these fuckers for turning a 97 win team into a 77 win team.  I guess I couldn't care less what these assholes say to Gordo and Levine.  Maybe if Milty is happier, he loses his edge and decides that collecting a $30MM payout is enough.  I don't know.  If this is what it takes for him to like himself, who am I to argue with him?

I do see your point, dude.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #568 on: August 27, 2009, 12:03:24 PM »

This is a great question.  I would amend the "shut the fuck up and play ball" thing to "shut up and just play ball."  I sincerely hope that no one thinks Milton's speaking about his frustrations is affecting his play (which has been just fine this year) but rather they would wish our right fielder should be seen and not heard.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #569 on: August 27, 2009, 12:13:35 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on August 27, 2009, 12:03:24 PM

This is a great question.  I would amend the "shut the fuck up and play ball" thing to "shut up and just play ball."  I sincerely hope that no one thinks Milton's speaking about his frustrations is affecting his play (which has been just fine this year) but rather they would wish our right fielder should be seen and not heard.

The strange thing is that Milton has been awesome at home (.958 OPS), where he's had to deal with the supposed hatred, and terrible on the road (.652 OPS), where I assume he doesn't mind playing more than 9 innings once in a while.