News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,662 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #585 on: August 28, 2009, 09:35:16 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 28, 2009, 08:55:58 AM
Quote from: Pre on August 27, 2009, 10:13:31 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 27, 2009, 09:33:03 PM
It's calling him on bullshit.  Given that Milton believes that he hears waiters talking about him in restaurants, it's not exactly unbelievable that he's full of shit.

Yeah, it's an inescapable trap.  I mean, Milton's never heard any racist remarks in his
whole life so it would be impossible for him to pick some as a lie...
He's a modern day Jackie Robinson for what he's had to go through.

Did you miss Pre's point?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #586 on: August 28, 2009, 12:34:19 PM »
I am on Bradley's side   He has been victimized by the Cubs.  As he put it:

''Unless you get paid $30 million to play right field for the Chicago Cubs,'' he said, ''then you can't speak on how I feel because you don't know.''

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #587 on: August 28, 2009, 01:08:40 PM »
Personal anecdote.  I try not to be self-indulgent...so it would be cool if you read it.  Or don't, because it's kind of a long story.

About three weeks ago, I'm on the Blue Line in the morning heading into work.  I got on at Irving going south.  At Addison, an African-American woman (probably in her mid-30s) gets on with two boys.  I'm guessing one is about 5 years-old and maybe 40-50 pounds, and the other is about 2 or 3.  I presume these are her children, or at the very least...she's clearly responsible for them.  They sit directly across the aisle from me, within my eyesight.   I have earphones in.

The entire way towards downtown, the older kid year is STANDING on his seat right next to this woman.  The woman is not in any way holding the kid.  While the Blue Line is improving, this is still a lite-rail subway, and not a touring SUV.  If the train hits the brakes hard, he falls over, and he's almost certainly going to hit a metal bar somewhere.  It could conceivably be very bad for this little kid.  I  found myself looking over quite a bit (not staring), because I couldn't believe this woman was allowing this...I'm kind of concerned.  About 15 minutes into the ride, I see her looking straight at me saying something.  I take out my earphones...and this is what I hear:

"Quit looking over here, mother fucker.  They're kids, they're just having fun.  I know how people like you are...you think I don't know how to raise my kids because I'm black".

I sarcastically reply:  "Yes, that's it, you're right on the mark.  This is about race.  The fact that I am looking over has absolutely nothing to do with me being concerned that the small child STANDING on a subway seat might get seriously hurt."

She says:  "He's fine, I'll make sure he doesn't get hurt"

The exchange was exactly that short.  I put my headphones back and on and then just went ahead and stared at her for the next 60 seconds or so. 

At this point, the other passengers have this look on their faces like "Oh shit, this is about to ugly".   I would also point out, that while plenty of others were looking her direction just as I was the entire trip...they all let me take the wrath of this bitch.   So to you other Blue Line passengers who let me deal with her by myself, I offer you all my middle finger, and suggest that you grow a pair.

I got off at Clark/Lake, and that was about it.

That's a long-handed way of saying this:

There are angry people in the world who will take situations that AREN'T x (in this case, x = racial), and distill said scenario into something more because it backs people into a corner.  They do that to quell people who are annoying them.  Because Milton doesn't care to be specific, and because of his history, I believe that's quite possibly what we're looking at here.  That's where I would personally put my money.  If he wants to get specific, then let's talk about.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #588 on: August 28, 2009, 01:11:24 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on August 28, 2009, 01:08:40 PM
Personal anecdote.  I try not to be self-indulgent...so it would be cool if you read it.  Or don't, because it's kind of a long story.

About three weeks ago, I'm on the Blue Line in the morning heading into work.  I got on at Irving going south.  At Addison, an African-American woman (probably in her mid-30s) gets on with two boys.  I'm guessing one is about 5 years-old and maybe 40-50 pounds, and the other is about 2 or 3.  I presume these are her children, or at the very least...she's clearly responsible for them.  They sit directly across the aisle from me, within my eyesight.   I have earphones in.

The entire way towards downtown, the older kid year is STANDING on his seat right next to this woman.  The woman is not in any way holding the kid.  While the Blue Line is improving, this is still a lite-rail subway, and not a touring SUV.  If the train hits the brakes hard, he falls over, and he's almost certainly going to hit a metal bar somewhere.  It could conceivably be very bad for this little kid.  I  found myself looking over quite a bit (not staring), because I couldn't believe this woman was allowing this...I'm kind of concerned.  About 15 minutes into the ride, I see her looking straight at me saying something.  I take out my earphones...and this is what I hear:

"Quit looking over here, mother fucker.  They're kids, they're just having fun.  I know how people like you are...you think I don't know how to raise my kids because I'm black".

I sarcastically reply:  "Yes, that's it, you're right on the mark.  This is about race.  The fact that I am looking over has absolutely nothing to do with me being concerned that the small child STANDING on a subway seat might get seriously hurt."

The exchange was exactly that short.  I put my headphones back and on and then just went ahead and stared at her for the next 60 seconds or so. 

At this point, the other passengers have this look on their faces like "Oh shit, this is about to ugly".   I would also point out, that while plenty of others were looking her direction just as I was the entire trip...they all let me take the wrath of this bitch.   So to you other Blue Line passengers who let me deal with her by myself, I offer you all my middle finger, and suggest that you grow a pair.

There are angry people in the world who will take situations that AREN'T x (in this case, x = racial), and distill said scenario into something more because it backs people into a corner.  They do that to quell people who are annoying them.  Because Milton doesn't care to be specific, and because of his history, I believe that's quite possibly what we're looking at here.  That's where I would personally put my money.  If he wants to get specific, then let's talk about.

Intrepid Reader: Fork

Milton's ignorance reminds me of the time I sprained my ignorance.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #589 on: August 28, 2009, 02:24:51 PM »

What I feel bad about is that I bet that kid $100 he couldn't stand on the seat the entire ride.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #590 on: August 28, 2009, 03:01:35 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 28, 2009, 01:11:24 PM

Intrepid Reader: Fork

Milton's ignorance reminds me of the time I sprained my ignorance.

My ignorance is strong like bull!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #591 on: August 29, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »

I was afraid to read this for fear it was another glimpse into your masturbation rituals.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #593 on: August 30, 2009, 08:06:12 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 30, 2009, 06:57:47 AM
THIS!

http://www.anothercubsblog.net/index.php/site/comments/milton-bradley-is-my-underpaid-salesman/
If my salesman insinuated that his customers hated him, but couldn't back up the story with specifics (http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2500 comment: He needs to listen to a PR person), I'd never let the guy near another client again. He's hurting my brand.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #594 on: August 30, 2009, 08:13:45 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 30, 2009, 08:06:12 AM
THIS!

http://www.anothercubsblog.net/index.php/site/comments/milton-bradley-is-my-underpaid-salesman/
If my salesman insinuated that his customers hated him, but couldn't back up the story with specifics (http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2500 comment: He needs to listen to a PR person), I'd never let the guy near another client again. He's hurting my brand.

He's not hurting the brand if he's getting more customers to buy.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #595 on: August 30, 2009, 08:34:36 AM »
THIS!

(The point)..........................................................................................(Chuck)

Seriously, who gives a shit? From a fan's perspective, why do you care what Milton or any other of these douchebags does off the field? He doesn't need to listen to a PR person. He doesn't need to shut up. He doesn't need to stop calling people racist. He just needs to be good at playing baseball, since he's, y'know, a fucking baseball player.

If the Cubs want to trade him because he's hurting attendance on net (highly doubtful) and that outweighs his contributions performance-wise (even more dubious), then they can get rid of him. That's their prerogative. But, from a fan's perspective, it's Yellon-esque to cry about the many ways in which Milton makes the Chicago press feel butthurt or whatever it is that meatheads are bitching and moaning about this week.

But, hey, hopefully the Cubs get rid of Milton, get a clean cut white guy who'll keep his mouth shut (!), run in to the outfield walls, and be an offensive black hole. That'd be swell, by golly. Just like the good ol' days back when bubblegum was a nickel and a ballplayer went home to his nice house with a white picket fence and had vanilla missionary sex with his cute little wife.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #596 on: August 30, 2009, 09:00:05 AM »
THIS!

Chuck, you must have had AMAZING SAT score. 

Made up, Good Salesman is to some Made Up, Random Company as Milton Bradley is to ___________

Chuck: Milton is not a salesman at all, he plays baseball.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #597 on: August 30, 2009, 09:17:24 AM »

he's actually an excellent salesman, as some people will come out to cheer him, and some will come out to boo him. But they'll come out.

And, as the Schubert brothers said, the only bad seats in the house are the ones that don't have asses in them.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #598 on: August 30, 2009, 10:36:08 AM »
I have to believe that there are a lot of players in the locker room who wish that Milton would just shut up.   How do you measure what he does to the team's cohesiveness or lack thereof?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #599 on: August 30, 2009, 10:57:28 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 30, 2009, 10:36:08 AM
I have to believe that there are a lot of players in the locker room who wish that Milton would just shut up.   How do you measure what he does to the team's cohesiveness or lack thereof?

In wins and losses.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.