News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Your 2011-12 NFL Thread: Lock Out Fever, Catch It!  ( 41,862 )

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Your 2011-12 NFL Thread: Lock Out Fever, Catch It!
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2011, 12:33:02 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 29, 2011, 11:29:44 PM
Quote from: Yeti on April 28, 2011, 10:56:06 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 28, 2011, 10:16:48 PM
Gabe Carimi was a damn pick at #29. I am not at all pleased that the Lions drafted Fairley. That interior D-Line is now ubermegafuckingterrifying. Jake Locker was the dumbest pick of the night. Followed closely by Newton.

WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU? I NEEDED SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATES FROM YOU ASSFUCK

At the risk of giving it the full on- TDubbs, I was occupied with a living, breathing lady person. Sometimes I can prioritize. Sometimes.

But it was apparently over by 11:30. You must close like Dave Smith.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2011, 03:24:07 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 29, 2011, 08:50:18 AM
Quote from: Tony on April 28, 2011, 11:03:36 PM
Gabe Carimi was a damn pick at #29. I am not at all pleased that the Lions drafted Fairley. That interior D-Line is now ubermegafuckingterrifying. Jake Locker was the dumbest pick of the night. Followed closely by Newton.

A damn fine pick? A damn shitty pick? The whole damn?

Great for the Bears that Carimi fell to 29, he's a roadgrader. The scouting reports I read through had concerns about his lateral quickness/foot speed and consequently his ability to play LT and block speed rushers. But at 29 you're not going to get a Joe Thomas or D'Brick, Carimi is about as good as it gets at that slot. Hopefully under Tice's tutelage he can improve that footwork.

As for the botched trade, read this and tell me the Bears don't look like idiots.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/sports/bears/cbsports-bears-gm-on-failed-trade-with-ravens-it-was-a-glitch-on-our-part-20110428,0,720892.story

Fuck the Ravens and Fuck Ozzie Newsome

Quote from: Ozzie Newsome"The deal was not consummated. A deal is not a deal until I talk to [league executive] Joel Bussert, and I never talked to Joel Bussert."

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2011, 11:12:12 AM »
Quote from: BBM on April 28, 2011, 10:17:44 PM

What about Ponder?  Wasn't he benched by FSU at some point this year?

My guy??

And for those keeping score from the debate that occurred last fall, that's three rounds ahead of Sir Armcock.  The bad news, is that we won't see Mallett take meaningful snaps unless Ladywig gets hurt.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2011, 11:16:39 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on April 30, 2011, 12:33:02 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 29, 2011, 11:29:44 PM
Quote from: Yeti on April 28, 2011, 10:56:06 PM

WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU? I NEEDED SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATES FROM YOU ASSFUCK

At the risk of giving it the full on- TDubbs, I was occupied with a living, breathing lady person. Sometimes I can prioritize. Sometimes.

But it was apparently over by 11:30. You must close like Dave Smith.

Did Dave Smith get engaged while he was still in college too?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2011, 11:26:37 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on April 30, 2011, 11:12:12 AM

My guy??

And for those keeping score from the debate that occurred last fall, that's three rounds ahead of Sir Armcock.  The bad news, is that we won't see Mallett take meaningful snaps unless Ladywig gets hurt.

Yeah, Mallett's character concerns and lack of mobility dropped him big time. I don't believe the argument was ever about where each would get drafted. Just who would be better. I'd say Armcock going to the Pats guarantees him a successful career.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2011, 11:29:17 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 28, 2011, 10:22:19 PM

Not benched, just constantly fucking injured. Oh and his arm strength is pretty meh. Not a bad triggerman for the west coast offense though.

Ponder's not good.  He didn't play for the dominant Florida State teams of the 90's.  He played for the struggle-to-get-7 wins Florida State teams that seemed to win just as much when he DIDN'T play as when he did play.  Ponder was an awful pick and yeah I think it's ridiculous that 6 QB's went ahead of Mallet.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2011, 11:39:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 30, 2011, 11:26:37 AM

My guy??

Yeah, Mallett's character concerns and lack of mobility dropped him big time. I don't believe the argument was ever about where each would get drafted. Just who would be better. I'd say Armcock going to the Pats guarantees him a successful career.

Mallett's character concerns were overblown and had as much to do with him talking "wigger"-ish as the public intox and marijuana rumors.  I guarantee almost every white football player in Texarkana has a similar accent to Mallett.  Plus, some people in his family have some weird Cajun-ish accent thing going on.  Mallett was the leader on that Razorbacks team from the moment he joined the program.  He got in trouble once when he was at Arkansas.  Character concerns, my booty.  People didn't like how he talked.  That's where it all came from.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2011, 11:57:18 AM »
Quote from: JD on April 30, 2011, 11:39:35 AM

My guy??

Mallett's character concerns were overblown and had as much to do with him talking "wigger"-ish as the public intox and marijuana rumors.  I guarantee almost every white football player in Texarkana has a similar accent to Mallett.  Plus, some people in his family have some weird Cajun-ish accent thing going on.  Mallett was the leader on that Razorbacks team from the moment he joined the program.  He got in trouble once when he was at Arkansas.  Character concerns, my booty.  People didn't like how he talked.  That's where it all came from.

I can never tell when you're joking.  I hope this is one of those times.

He was a reputed pain in the ass at Michigan.  The guy has significant accuracy issues that seem to come in spurts, and often appeared at bad times in big games.  These teams also do personal interviews at the combine.  Neither you or I know what occurred there.

If you think that a "stupid sounding accent" really makes that much difference, then Peyton Manning would have been taken in the 6th round.   

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on April 30, 2011, 11:57:18 AM

My guy??

He was a reputed pain in the ass at Michigan.  The guy has significant accuracy issues that seem to come in spurts, and often appeared at bad times in big games.  These teams also do personal interviews at the combine.  Neither you or I know what occurred there.

If you think that a "stupid sounding accent" really makes that much difference, then Peyton Manning would have been taken in the 6th round.   

I'd prefer to think JD's assessment is the right one - that teams are deciding who to spend millions of dollars on based on someone's accent.
Probably not the correct assessment, but the right one nonetheless.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2011, 02:07:09 PM »
After two good picks to start the 2011 Draft, the Bears have drafted a slow safety and a poor man's Cutler from Idaho. I just don't understand how Angelo can be so fucking horrible at drafts and yet keep his job.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2011, 02:18:58 PM »
Quote from: BC on April 30, 2011, 02:07:09 PM
After two good picks to start the 2011 Draft, the Bears have drafted a slow safety and a poor man's Cutler from Idaho. I just don't understand how Angelo can be so fucking horrible at drafts and yet keep his job.

He's obviously preparing to replace Cutler because without an offensive line his career is not going to last long. What's he supposed to do, draft a guard or something?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2011, 02:23:34 PM »
Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2011, 02:18:58 PM
Quote from: BC on April 30, 2011, 02:07:09 PM

He's obviously preparing to replace Cutler because without an offensive line his career is not going to last long. What's he supposed to do, draft a guard or something?

You guys need to RELAX. You don't win games during the draft. You win games on the field during the season.
Between the lines.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »

My guy??

That and Mallet has a supposed Dan Marino @ pitt-esque obsession with Columbian Nose Candy.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2011, 03:34:59 PM »
One offensive lineman.

One.

I'm now going to throw up.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2011, 04:00:22 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on April 30, 2011, 11:57:18 AM

My guy??

he was a pain in the ass as an 18 year old kid away from home for the first time.  There was no such reports of such behavior at Arkansas.  As far as accuracy disappearing in big time moments, give me some Christian Ponder big-time throws or big-time wins. 

There's a difference between a guy talking with a Southern accent and a guy that people say talks "black".