News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved  ( 95,150 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Morning in America: Butthurt Achieved
« Reply #420 on: February 13, 2013, 10:43:05 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 13, 2013, 10:37:06 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 12, 2013, 09:51:33 PM

I listened to the speech in my car, and didn't know about it until this morning. That's all people talked about, and that's all it was? Really?

Sort of. That moment was just the culmination of a nervous, sweaty, lip-licking, mouth-smacking trainwreck of a performance.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: February 13, 2013, 10:48:11 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 13, 2013, 10:43:05 AM

I listened to the speech in my car, and didn't know about it until this morning. That's all people talked about, and that's all it was? Really?

Sort of. That moment was just the culmination of a nervous, sweaty, lip-licking, mouth-smacking trainwreck of a performance.

He's human.  The lack of anything substantially new in the speech was annoying.

Then again, the same can be said of the SOTU.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: February 13, 2013, 11:02:48 AM »

I didn't think it was as bad as Bobby Jindal's.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: February 13, 2013, 04:09:03 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 13, 2013, 10:48:11 AM

He's human.  The lack of anything substantially new in the speech was annoying.

Then again, the same can be said of the SOTU.

Really?

(And, what has Sen. Rubio ever done to Hamid Karzai?)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: February 13, 2013, 05:11:49 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 13, 2013, 04:09:03 PM

Really?

No.  But this is a problem:

"More government isn't going to help you get ahead. It's going to hold you back. More government isn't going to create more opportunities. It's going to limit them."

Followed by...

"I believe in federal financial aid. I couldn't have gone to college without it."

Marco Rubio: Who you crappin'?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: February 18, 2013, 05:01:29 PM »
So, Pete Ricketts for NE senate again?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #426 on: February 27, 2013, 01:46:07 PM »
Voting Rights Act on life-support?  Maybe?  Possibly?

Kennedy gets to swing again?

Deets here: http://www.scotusblog.com/2013/02/argument-recap-voting-law-in-peril-maybe/
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: March 01, 2013, 11:57:51 AM »
Maybe Paul was right.

QuotePYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) -- Ending his unexpected round of basketball diplomacy in North Korea on Friday, ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman called leader Kim Jong Un an ''awesome guy'' and said his father and grandfather were ''great leaders.''

At Pyongyang's Sunan airport on his way to Beijing, Rodman said it was ''amazing'' that the North Koreans were ''so honest.''

''He's proud, his country likes him - not like him, love him, love him,'' Rodman said of Kim Jong Un. ''Guess what, I love him. The guy's really awesome.''

Well there you go then.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: March 01, 2013, 01:05:10 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 01, 2013, 11:57:51 AM
Maybe Paul was right.

QuotePYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) -- Ending his unexpected round of basketball diplomacy in North Korea on Friday, ex-NBA star Dennis Rodman called leader Kim Jong Un an ''awesome guy'' and said his father and grandfather were ''great leaders.''

At Pyongyang's Sunan airport on his way to Beijing, Rodman said it was ''amazing'' that the North Koreans were ''so honest.''

''He's proud, his country likes him - not like him, love him, love him,'' Rodman said of Kim Jong Un. ''Guess what, I love him. The guy's really awesome.''

Well there you go then.

In Dennis' defense, he spent last Friday on the exhibit floor of the Chicago Dental Society's Midwinter Meeting at McCormick Place, signing autographs and posing for pictures with DDS's, hygeniests and professionals in the oral health field, probably fielding questions and comments like these:

-- "KRAUSE NEVER SHOULD OF LET THAT STEVE KERR AND JUD BUECHLER GO."
-- "WHATEVER HAPPENED TO DAT PAUL JACKSON GUY? HE WAS A GOOD COACH."
-- "YOU MUST HAVE BEEN HAPPY TO GET TRADED TO CHICAGO TO FINALLY GET YOUR RING."
-- "WHAT WAS IT LIKE PLAYING WITH ISIAH?"
-- "IS DR. DREW AS AWESOME IN PERSON AS HE IS ON DAT CELEBRITY REHAB AND TEEN MOM SHOW? WHICH SHOW WERE YOU ON AGAIN."
-- "DENNIS! MY 5-YEAR-OLD IS A HUUUUUGE FAN. CAN YOU SIGN THESE FIVE THINGS AND POSE WITH ME LIKE YOU'RE BOXING ME OUT?"

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: March 03, 2013, 02:45:24 AM »
Heh.

Turning to the "One Year A.B." entry, one finds this:

QuoteUltimately, Andrew's rebel cry and the "rutting class'" stodgy talking points proved as irreconcilable as "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" and William Shatner's vocal cords.

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: March 05, 2013, 09:48:33 PM »

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2013, 01:15:42 PM »
Today I learned...

QuoteLittle Cheyenne was a famous Chicago vice neighborhood that first developed during the late 1800s, and survived all the way through to the 1970s. During this time, thousands of transient men have found shelter at what is now called the Ewing Annex Hotel.

Also: Why don't these poor people just buy more money?
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: March 24, 2013, 12:38:24 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.