News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 161,612 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2013, 10:13:33 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 17, 2013, 10:11:29 AM
DPD

I also enjoyed seeing Adrian Gonzalez make the "Micky Mouse" ears after the first of his two EMOTIONAL dong blasts yesterday. And then in the on-field postgame interview he told the report that he remembered the Cardinals blowing a 3-1 series lead last year and he "wanted to make that happen again."

He is now my second favorite player in all of baseball. After Puig.

I so very much like the term "dong blasts."
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2013, 11:51:37 AM »

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2013, 09:20:25 AM »
I can't link to it, but there's an column that ran on the Trib Opinion page today declaring St. Louis Cardinals' fans to be the most insufferable in baseball.

It's not really worth reading (the best parts are directly quoted from Drew Magary's piece on Deadspin) but it speaks to the sad state of news gathering that Chicago's biggest daily newspaper has only figured this out now.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2013, 10:51:44 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 18, 2013, 09:20:25 AM
I can't link to it, but there's an column that ran on the Trib Opinion page today declaring St. Louis Cardinals' fans to be the most insufferable in baseball.

It's not really worth reading (the best parts are directly quoted from Drew Magary's piece on Deadspin) but it speaks to the sad state of news gathering that Chicago's biggest daily newspaper has only figured this out now.

Who wrote it? If the best a columnist for the Trib can do is quote Deadspin, maybe it's time to find a new line of work.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2013, 11:53:32 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 18, 2013, 10:51:44 AM

Who wrote it? If the best a columnist for the Trib can do is quote Deadspin, maybe it's time to find a new line of work.

Fortunately, it was a guest op-ed, so said gentleman has already done that.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #185 on: October 18, 2013, 12:37:44 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 18, 2013, 11:53:32 AM

This link should thwart the Trib's pay quarantine.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2013, 12:40:37 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 18, 2013, 12:37:44 PM

DPD.

QuoteBloomberg View

Jonathan Mahler is a Bloomberg View columnist.

Well, there you go, then...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-16/the-most-insufferable-fans-in-sports-live-in-st-louis.html
https://twitter.com/jonathanmahler

QuoteAuthor (The Bronx Is Burning, The Challenge, Death Comes to Happy Valley); New York Times Magazine writer; Bloomberg View and Deadspin sports columnist.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2013, 12:43:14 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 18, 2013, 12:40:37 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on October 18, 2013, 12:37:44 PM

DPD.

QuoteBloomberg View

Jonathan Mahler is a Bloomberg View columnist.

Well, there you go, then...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-16/the-most-insufferable-fans-in-sports-live-in-st-louis.html
https://twitter.com/jonathanmahler

QuoteAuthor (The Bronx Is Burning, The Challenge, Death Comes to Happy Valley); New York Times Magazine writer; Bloomberg View and Deadspin sports columnist.

Not exactly a lightweight.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2013, 09:22:04 PM »
There is no God. If for some reason there is one, he is an asshole and should die (if it were possible)

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2013, 10:28:27 PM »
Why can you never find a suitcase nuke when you really need one?
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2013, 11:25:02 PM »
Well, that went swimmingly. Thanks, Dodgers!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2013, 09:59:10 AM »
I'm glad that everything is right in the world and the evil Dodgers with their billions of dollars and fun loving players were thwarted by God's Great Ball Club.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2013, 12:46:38 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on October 19, 2013, 09:59:10 AM
I'm glad that everything is right in the world and the evil Dodgers with their billions of dollars and fun loving players were thwarted by God's Great Ball Club.

Just remember: the Dodgers never got it, breaking unwritten rules as far back as 1947. Fortunately, the Cardinals were there to protest that breach, too.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2013, 01:56:08 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 19, 2013, 12:46:38 PM

Just remember: the Dodgers never got it, breaking unwritten rules as far back as 1947. Fortunately, the Cardinals were there to protest that breach, too.

Look, there's a white way to play the game and a wrong way.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2013, 02:53:45 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 19, 2013, 12:46:38 PM

RT.