News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 121,338 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #765 on: May 31, 2016, 09:34:51 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 31, 2016, 08:50:22 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 31, 2016, 08:44:30 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 31, 2016, 08:20:10 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 31, 2016, 08:17:30 AM
This collapse is something they will sing madrigals about years from now.

I'm anxiously awaiting the start of Guillen Era 2.0

I thoroughly enjoyed being back in range of The Score for a weekend while were visiting my folks in Illinois and the sheer number of calls asking for Ozzie's return may have been my favorite of all of the incredibly meatball things I heard from Sox fans (other contenders: Ventura should bat Abreu 9th to send him a message, Duke should have been given an outright release over the weekend, the aforementioned "fire the bullpen coach" guy and also "the Cubs just feast on a weak schedule" guy)

Finally got internet access at home?

I don't care anywhere near enough about it to stream it, but since driving my son around in the car is about the only way to get him to take a nap when we aren't at home, I did enjoy getting to listen to White Sox fan meltdowns whilst circling the block repeatedly until he fell asleep.

Forgive me for forgetting: how old is your son now? Mine turns two in just under a month.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #766 on: May 31, 2016, 09:38:02 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on May 31, 2016, 09:34:51 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed being back in range of The Score for a weekend while were visiting my folks in Illinois and the sheer number of calls asking for Ozzie's return may have been my favorite of all of the incredibly meatball things I heard from Sox fans (other contenders: Ventura should bat Abreu 9th to send him a message, Duke should have been given an outright release over the weekend, the aforementioned "fire the bullpen coach" guy and also "the Cubs just feast on a weak schedule" guy)

I don't care anywhere near enough about it to stream it, but since driving my son around in the car is about the only way to get him to take a nap when we aren't at home, I did enjoy getting to listen to White Sox fan meltdowns whilst circling the block repeatedly until he fell asleep.

Forgive me for forgetting: how old is your son now? Mine turns two in just under a month.

He turned one on the 8th. He's pretty good about napping at home in his own bed but any time we go somewhere else for the weekend he pretty much refuses to sleep unless held by one of us or I drive him around in the car. So I spent about two hours Saturday and Sunday driving around the block listening to Sox Rage. I enjoyed it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #767 on: May 31, 2016, 09:41:15 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 31, 2016, 09:38:02 AM

He turned one on the 8th. He's pretty good about napping at home in his own bed but any time we go somewhere else for the weekend he pretty much refuses to sleep unless held by one of us or I drive him around in the car. So I spent about two hours Saturday and Sunday driving around the block listening to Sox Rage. I enjoyed it.

Nice. When ours was a newborn, he'd only nap if we were driving him around. We had a detachable carseat that could also be used as a stroller; we had to keep him in there in order for him to sleep.

What are his night times like? I'm pretty sure that when Krut Jr. was around a year old, he was in a phase where he was waking up at 4am most mornings.

White Sox suck.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #768 on: May 31, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on May 31, 2016, 09:41:15 AM

Nice. When ours was a newborn, he'd only nap if we were driving him around. We had a detachable carseat that could also be used as a stroller; we had to keep him in there in order for him to sleep.

What are his night times like? I'm pretty sure that when Krut Jr. was around a year old, he was in a phase where he was waking up at 4am most mornings.

White Sox suck.

He sleeps very well at night. Usually goes to bed at 8:30, wakes up around 6:00 AM, about half of the time he wakes up briefly to eat for 10 minutes around 2 AM. I can't really complain about his sleep schedule at all, he just doesn't like napping in a place he is not real familiar with, apparently.

Truly the White Sox do suck.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #769 on: May 31, 2016, 11:06:22 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 31, 2016, 09:43:30 AM

White Sox suck.

He sleeps very well at night. Usually goes to bed at 8:30, wakes up around 6:00 AM, about half of the time he wakes up briefly to eat for 10 minutes around 2 AM. I can't really complain about his sleep schedule at all, he just doesn't like napping in a place he is not real familiar with, apparently.

Quit soiling this thread with your humanity.  Fuckers.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #770 on: May 31, 2016, 11:31:25 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 31, 2016, 11:06:22 AM

White Sox suck.

Agreed.  Fuck off to Mumsnet with that shit.  Send Wheezer our love when you get there.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #771 on: May 31, 2016, 11:35:22 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on May 31, 2016, 11:06:22 AM

White Sox suck.

Hey, man. We stayed on topic.

Fuck the Sox.
M'lady.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #772 on: May 31, 2016, 03:32:34 PM »
Before I moved to Chicago I used to care very little about the Sox except during their series with the Cubs. Even from afar those felt intense and I really wanted the Cubs to thrash them. Especially in the years when the Cubs were good, like 2003, I felt deeply about those games. It was just fun though. Then I moved up here and met actual White Sox fans. Some of them were just regular people who liked an American League team but so many more were truly committed to the stereotype that Cubs fans don't care about or understand baseball. Then they'd open their meatball cockholsters and betray such wrongheaded, asinine baseball thoughts that I learned to loathe them.

I've pretended to be neutral on the Sox just to avoid the conversation about which side is better, mostly because the Cubs have been so awful that it was pointless and made me look bad. I see a bunch of my Cub fan friends say they don't worry about the Sox when the Cubs are good. I do. Fucking A right I do. They need to be humiliated to the point that their words against us sound as sweet as birds chirping on the first day of Spring.

They have a fucking title this century or so and we don't. How can that be ok no matter what the Cubs are doing.

Eradicate the brutes.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #773 on: May 31, 2016, 03:40:50 PM »
The best final kick in the dick tip of the Rhode Island-sized Sox Nation will be not only the Cubs taking away their bragging rights to the most recent World Championship, but that it won't be a one-and-done.

We are in the Golden Age here, boys. Let's be insufferable.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #774 on: May 31, 2016, 03:42:05 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 31, 2016, 03:32:34 PM
Before I moved to Chicago I used to care very little about the Sox except during their series with the Cubs. Even from afar those felt intense and I really wanted the Cubs to thrash them. Especially in the years when the Cubs were good, like 2003, I felt deeply about those games. It was just fun though. Then I moved up here and met actual White Sox fans. Some of them were just regular people who liked an American League team but so many more were truly committed to the stereotype that Cubs fans don't care about or understand baseball. Then they'd open their meatball cockholsters and betray such wrongheaded, asinine baseball thoughts that I learned to loathe them.

I've pretended to be neutral on the Sox just to avoid the conversation about which side is better, mostly because the Cubs have been so awful that it was pointless and made me look bad. I see a bunch of my Cub fan friends say they don't worry about the Sox when the Cubs are good. I do. Fucking A right I do. They need to be humiliated to the point that their words against us sound as sweet as birds chirping on the first day of Spring.

They have a fucking title this century or so and we don't. How can that be ok no matter what the Cubs are doing.

Eradicate the brutes.

The only Sox fan I know pretty well in real life is my wife's cousin's husband. He's a good guy in general, usually fairly smart, we got along well as Bears fans because he was always in the "everyone wants to blame Cutler camp but look at his supporting cast" camp, which was a quick way to my heart.

But then when Latos was 4-0 or whatever he went on facebook saying "enough about fucking Arrieta, how about Mat Latos?" and I wanted his bloodline exterminated.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #775 on: May 31, 2016, 03:47:04 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 31, 2016, 03:42:05 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on May 31, 2016, 03:32:34 PM

Eradicate the brutes.

The only Sox fan I know pretty well in real life is my wife's cousin's husband. He's a good guy in general, usually fairly smart, we got along well as Bears fans because he was always in the "everyone wants to blame Cutler camp but look at his supporting cast" camp, which was a quick way to my heart.

But then when Latos was 4-0 or whatever he went on facebook saying "enough about fucking Arrieta, how about Mat Latos?" and I wanted his bloodline exterminated.

This is not a fucking game. They're going to get theirs.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #776 on: May 31, 2016, 06:00:01 PM »
It's all going to be better when they get James Shields and his giant salary.

Also, SKO, I heard the "Cubs get to play the Phillies, we're playing the Royals. They played in two World Series in a row!" bit. My six year old thought the guy was hilarious and he forgave me for almost driving off the road and into a tree when said meathead claimed Adam Eaton is the best outfielder in Chicago.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #777 on: May 31, 2016, 06:02:58 PM »
A co-worker's husband grew up in the South Side of Chicago and comes from a family of White Sox fans. He doesn't mind the Sox, but he's a Cubs fan. Before his uncle died, my friend was designated executor of the estate, and was given a direct order: engrave on the tombstone "A Cubs Fan and a Bud Man." Supposedly, when this act was discovered by my friend's Grandmother, she lost her mind and began clawing at the engraving until her fingers bled.

People are weird about baseball.
M'lady.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #778 on: May 31, 2016, 06:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on May 31, 2016, 06:02:58 PM
A co-worker's husband grew up in the South Side of Chicago and comes from a family of White Sox fans. He doesn't mind the Sox, but he's a Cubs fan. Before his uncle died, my friend was designated executor of the estate, and was given a direct order: engrave on the tombstone "A Cubs Fan and a Bud Man." Supposedly, when this act was discovered by my friend's Grandmother, she lost her mind and began clawing at the engraving until her fingers bled.

People are weird about baseball.
I think that she was the rational one in that relationship.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #779 on: June 06, 2016, 07:27:47 AM »
I'm not sure what's more sad, that I'm convinced Shields is pretty much done and won't make much of a difference at all, or that he's still an upgrade over Latos and with their farm system he was probably the best move they could make.