News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 97,679 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread
« Reply #360 on: September 06, 2010, 08:39:17 PM »
So they benched him for mental mistakes? Anyone who still watches baseball care to tell me what he did that was so dumb?

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread
« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2010, 08:48:42 PM »
I think when he walked off of first base thinking the inning was over and there were really only two outs is probably the one that got him a seat.

On Saturday he came out way in front of second base on a steal and couldn't tag the one-legged Carlos Beltran at second as Luis Castillo strolled down the line to "steal" home.

He probably needs a day off.  Two was just the Cubs being fucking morons. 

I actually think they'd give him a pass on the one where he lost track of outs.  But the thing where he sneaks in front of the bag is something he's been doing all year.  Then again, Theriot and Fontenot did it all the time, so he probably thinks he'll get traded to a playoff contender if he keeps it up.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: September 06, 2010, 10:23:49 PM »
Quote from: Andy on September 06, 2010, 08:48:42 PM
I think when he walked off of first base thinking the inning was over and there were really only two outs is probably the one that got him a seat.

On Saturday he came out way in front of second base on a steal and couldn't tag the one-legged Carlos Beltran at second as Luis Castillo strolled down the line to "steal" home.

I actually think they'd give him a pass on the one where he lost track of outs.  But the thing where he sneaks in front of the bag is something he's been doing all year.  Then again, Theriot and Fontenot did it all the time, so he probably thinks he'll get traded to a playoff contender if he keeps it up.

THI.  If I cared about the 2010 Cubs at all I'd be pissed at all of Quade's little life lessons he's doling out.  He's using "his methods" for the sake of using methods; he has no idea if any of it works on major leaguers yet.  Letting a rookie throw 117 pitches in a meaningless September game between two bad teams is a really great lesson.  Punishing Castro for being a 20-year-old rookie by sitting him for two games isn't going to help him learn.  Or maybe two games' benching is the going rate for mistakes now, which means Soriano should be sitting thanks to his dumb error in left.

Really, I think he wants Castro to thank him profusely for taking him under his wing and showing him the ropes, just in case he ever gives a Hall of Fame induction speech someday.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
*ziiiiiiiip*

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Star Lincastro is already my favorite Cub.  Since May.

Also, damn did I have a lot of QuadeRage.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 16, 2011, 10:16:18 PM

Why would Derrick May be your favorite anything? And did Quade do something wrong in this game? Looked solid to me.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 16, 2011, 10:28:19 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 16, 2011, 10:16:18 PM

Why would Derrick May be your favorite anything? And did Quade do something wrong in this game? Looked solid to me.

The month of May, you ignorant slut.

Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 06, 2010, 10:23:49 PM
Quote from: Andy on September 06, 2010, 08:48:42 PM

THI.  If I cared about the 2010 Cubs at all I'd be pissed at all of Quade's little life lessons he's doling out.  He's using "his methods" for the sake of using methods; he has no idea if any of it works on major leaguers yet.  Letting a rookie throw 117 pitches in a meaningless September game between two bad teams is a really great lesson.  Punishing Castro for being a 20-year-old rookie by sitting him for two games isn't going to help him learn.  Or maybe two games' benching is the going rate for mistakes now, which means Soriano should be sitting thanks to his dumb error in left.

Really, I think he wants Castro to thank him profusely for taking him under his wing and showing him the ropes, just in case he ever gives a Hall of Fame induction speech someday.

There's this new thing called situational awareness, Pex.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Is Starlin Rookie of the Year eligible.  If he is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow6lg2tAqsY#t=0m54s
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: thehawk on April 17, 2011, 04:28:01 PM
Is Starlin Rookie of the Year eligible.  If he is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow6lg2tAqsY#t=0m54s

Nope. He would have had to have 130 or fewer ABs before this season. He had 333 too many. Doesn't change the fact that he's probably the greatest thing since the discovery of sideboob.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ChuckD on April 17, 2011, 04:31:51 PM

Nope. He would have had to have 130 or fewer ABs before this season. He had 333 too many. Doesn't change the fact that he's probably the greatest thing since the discovery of sideboob.

I did lose interest in the Cubs early last year.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: thehawk on April 17, 2011, 04:36:15 PM

He's MVP eligible. That's right. I said it. TWEET THAT

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

And in sideboob.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on April 17, 2011, 11:39:47 PM

And in sideboob.

When you're tired of sideboob, you're tired of life.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Bort on April 18, 2011, 09:30:20 AM

And in sideboob.

Steve Stone was on The Score this morning talking about Castro and the improvements he's made with his pitch recognition. He then said that he's "not completely sold" on his play at short and that he would eventually move. I think he's improved in the field as well and that as hard as he seems to work at all facets of his game, he will one day become a very good or great shortstop. And when that happens, I'm going to find some way to rub Stone's schnauz in it. Whether it's a call to The Score or whatever. I will make the man pay.

*continues bitter asshurt existence*

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 18, 2011, 09:37:23 AM
Quote from: Bort on April 18, 2011, 09:30:20 AM

And in sideboob.

Steve Stone was on The Score this morning talking about Castro and the improvements he's made with his pitch recognition. He then said that he's "not completely sold" on his play at short and that he would eventually move. I think he's improved in the field as well and that as hard as he seems to work at all facets of his game, he will one day become a very good or great shortstop. And when that happens, I'm going to find some way to rub Stone's schnauz in it. Whether it's a call to The Score or whatever. I will make the man pay.

*continues bitter asshurt existence*

I haven't seen him do anything at short that makes me think he can't play the position very well. He's PANKed some things mentally but his range and his arm are phenomenal and he makes about 4-5 plays per game that give me an erection because they're plays that Ryan Theriot couldn't make in a dream where he was Starlin Castro.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015