News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Will Carroll -- Baseball Super Genius (and Comic Book Guy lookalike) says...  ( 17,391 )

Laura

• College of Coaches
  • Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: smg on December 17, 2004, 10:06:14 PM
I'm almost afraid to post this, given all the mysterious enemies Will is always darkly alluding to, but I'm always surprised when people link to him and fail to note that he is a comically arrogant ass (although I do appreciate the subject heading, assuming that it's sarcastic, which I imagine is a pretty safe assumption).  I have NEVER had such a strong, negative reaction to someone based only on their writing before.  I totally agree with his politics, so that's not the issue, although I shudder to imagine how irritating someone who doesn't share his politics must find him ...

Yeah, what was up with that?  He made it sound like he was being stalked or something.

Maybe it was all in his head, just like the Cubs' involvement in this trade.

(work your magic, Hendry!)

Brian

• Fukakke Fan Club
Will Carroll's self-promoting arrogance is annoying.  It's amazing someone as wrong as often and consistently as he is is taken seriously.  Think Rose/MLB deal, Northern Virginia deal done, Nationals were going to be called the Greys, and a bunch of bullshit offers to Beltran.  He's a joke.

Brian

• Fukakke Fan Club
Will is a bigger tool than normal today...http://www.all-baseball.com/willcarroll/archives/016823.html

Uncouth Sloth

• Fukakke Fan Club
Of course, as a blogger like Will who carelessly allowed a little political ventation into his baseball content, and who pretty much lost all faith in mankind from the resulting shitstorm and personal threats, one CAN tend to get a wee bit paranoid.

Brian

• Fukakke Fan Club
A guy was threatening to sue Will about something so he temporarily shut down his blog.  He came back and is pompous as always.

Laura

• College of Coaches
  • Hank White Fan Club
Apparently suing and being sued over one's blog is a sign you're really reaching people.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Now, he tweeting about an impending PED suspension. It's apparently a National League pitcher (but not a Met), and a "semi-big" name.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Shooter on April 20, 2010, 01:25:15 PM
Now, he tweeting about an impending PED suspension. It's apparently a National League pitcher (but not a Met), and a "semi-big" name.

Since when is Lincecum not a big name?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
What is the payout on Chris Carpenter?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
I'll be extremely disappointed if this player isn't somehow connected to the Cardinals.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Edinson Volquez

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Shooter on April 20, 2010, 01:25:15 PM

I'm sick of this douche. He was bragging about turning down a TV appearance. Way to go.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Another guy with ties to the Rangers.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."