News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bacon Cups  ( 73,902 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bacon Cups
« Reply #330 on: July 22, 2010, 04:44:13 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 15, 2010, 11:55:30 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 15, 2010, 11:52:44 AM
Quote from: morpheus on July 15, 2010, 11:49:41 AM
Quote from: PenPho on July 15, 2010, 11:08:47 AM
Quote from: morpheus on July 15, 2010, 08:11:30 AM
The foot long CHEESEBURGER.

http://www.slashfood.com/2010/07/13/footlong-cheeseburger-at-carls-jr/

However... it seems that Carl's Jr. has blown their first-mover advantage.
QuoteI discovered the footlong came with three tiny round patties carefully placed between a Hoagie-style bun. I was kind of hoping for one long, lean burger pattie. The toppings (onions, mayo, pickles, lettuce, tomato and cheese) made the whole thing ordinary..."

That's not bacon.

Neither is the biscuits and gravy machine above, but I don't see you getting all pedantic on that one.

It's at least the same fucking animal, buddy.

Yeah right, Fork... A wonderful, magical animal.

On a complete sidenote, you haven't seen the Simpsons until you watched it in German.  Amazing.  Simply amazing.  Gratefully, SBZ (or whatever German station this is) is showing some classics that I already know the lines to, helping my nascent German language skills accommodate.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #331 on: July 22, 2010, 06:35:35 PM »
Gil wrote:

"On a complete sidenote, you haven't seen the Simpsons until you watched it in German.  Amazing.  Simply amazing.  Gratefully, SBZ (or whatever German station this is) is showing some classics that I already know the lines to, helping my nascent German language skills accommodate."

Wait a minute.  German station?  Where do you live? 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #332 on: July 22, 2010, 07:01:21 PM »
Don't the Germans dub everything? Tell me they left the Simpsons alone. I've been watching it with Norwegian subtitles for the last 3 weeks and I'm so glad to be home you have no idea. Honestly, at this point, I'd say that German is a better sounding language than Norwegian.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #333 on: July 22, 2010, 07:10:35 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 22, 2010, 06:35:35 PM
Gil wrote:

"On a complete sidenote, you haven't seen the Simpsons until you watched it in German.  Amazing.  Simply amazing.  Gratefully, SBZ (or whatever German station this is) is showing some classics that I already know the lines to, helping my nascent German language skills accommodate."

Peoria has a thriving German sex slave industry.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #334 on: July 23, 2010, 08:43:09 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 22, 2010, 07:10:35 PM
Quote from: CBStew on July 22, 2010, 06:35:35 PM
Gil wrote:

Peoria has a thriving German sex slave industry.

Because everyone in the NLRB office there is at the titty bar.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #335 on: July 23, 2010, 12:05:19 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 22, 2010, 07:01:21 PM
Don't the Germans dub everything? Tell me they left the Simpsons alone. I've been watching it with Norwegian subtitles for the last 3 weeks and I'm so glad to be home you have no idea. Honestly, at this point, I'd say that German is a better sounding language than Norwegian.

The Germans do indeed dub absolutely fucking EVERYTHING.  I speak fluent German and it nonetheless drives me up the fucking wall.  In German, Homer doesn't say "D'oh!", he says "Nein!".

I shit you not.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #336 on: July 23, 2010, 02:39:59 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 23, 2010, 12:05:19 PM

The Germans do indeed dub absolutely fucking EVERYTHING.  I speak fluent German and it nonetheless drives me up the fucking wall.  In German, Homer doesn't say "D'oh!", he says "Nein!".

I shit you not.

True story.  It really ruined the flow.  And Stew, I was on vacation.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #337 on: July 23, 2010, 02:53:36 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 23, 2010, 02:39:59 PM
Quote from: Tonker on July 23, 2010, 12:05:19 PM

I shit you not.

True story.  It really ruined the flow.  And Stew, I was am on vacation.

Checking in from a pay toilet in a German strip club'd
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #338 on: October 05, 2010, 11:19:24 AM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #339 on: October 05, 2010, 11:49:18 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 05, 2010, 11:19:24 AM
Canned sandwiches.  http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/07/23/candwich-sandwich-in-a-can-does-exist-and-it-is-glorious/

Why do you keep bumping this thread with posts that have nothing to do with Bacon??

Here, to get back on track is Kevin Bacon, made out of bacon.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #340 on: October 05, 2010, 12:01:24 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on October 05, 2010, 11:49:18 AM
Quote from: morpheus on October 05, 2010, 11:19:24 AM
Canned sandwiches.  http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/07/23/candwich-sandwich-in-a-can-does-exist-and-it-is-glorious/

Why do you keep bumping this thread with posts that have nothing to do with Bacon??

Here, to get back on track is Kevin Bacon, made out of bacon.

INTREPID READER: PERRY  MASON

Looks like Ham Burger to me!

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #342 on: October 21, 2010, 02:42:44 PM »
All right, I searched Desipio and nothing showed up so I'm going to risk posting this.  It's a BACON LATTE.

Prep time 2 hours 10 minutes
Actual cooking time is about 4 minutes.
What you need:
An espresso machine

7 slices BACON (FRESH, THICK CUT PREFERRED)
2 shots fresh-brewed Espresso Coffee
2 cups 2% milk or skim (whole steams worse)
1 Tablespoon of REAL Maple Syrup
Heavy Whipped Cream to finish

PREP-
BACON INFUSED MILK
1 Cook 6 of 7 strips , shake briefly when pulling off griddle and drop immediately into sealable jar/jug of 2 cups milk.
Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Chop remaining bacon into 1/4" strips. cook, dry, set aside for garnish.

COOK:

1. Remove bacon from milk after the infusion. Set milk aside.
2. Brew 2 shots espresso
3. Set aside 1 TBLS maple syrup while brewing espresso
4. Steam (DO NOT OVER FROTH) the baconmilk
5. Drop syrup FIRST then shots then the steamed milk quickly into large mug. Stir slowly for 10 seconds (make sure you leave room for garnish).
6. Garnish with whipped cream and the bacon pieces.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #343 on: October 21, 2010, 04:02:30 PM »
No.  No.  No.   Don't you know that you may not mix milk with meat?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #344 on: October 21, 2010, 04:06:24 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 21, 2010, 04:02:30 PM
No.  No.  No.   Don't you know that you may not mix milk with meat?

Well I can...because I'm not a penniless Chosen Person.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck