News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,589 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #765 on: September 08, 2014, 03:07:16 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 08, 2014, 10:32:12 AM
No Cutler did not lose that game single-handedly, but if I was forced at musketpoint to pick a culprit it would be him. They were driving for the go-ahead score and he made a really bad decision to stop that from happening. I'm a known dumbass, but my hope/expectation was that with Trestman having two years now to grow Jay's football, that he'd expel this type of slapdickery from his system. I think I just need to come to terms with the fact that Jay is never going to have that breakout year where he puts it all together and shoots fireballs of stardom out of his orifices. He's always going to be an above-average QB who will make our buttholes pucker a couple times a game with a terrible decision, but could win a Super Bowl with the right talent around him and a few breaks in the clustermug that is the NFL.

I guess I was just hoping for better from our guy Jake.

Well said. Jay's 31 now and never going to become the guy we all thought/assumed/hoped he would be. I'm still fine with him as the Bears QB because there just aren't that many better options but life would be easier if people just took him for what he is.

Also, as frustrating as Jay is, I can't believe even the dumbest of meatballs has forgotten how terrible the history of Bears quarterbacking is. They have to know it could be so, so much worse.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #766 on: September 08, 2014, 03:42:53 PM »
Quote from: Eli on September 08, 2014, 03:07:16 PM
No Cutler did not lose that game single-handedly, but if I was forced at musketpoint to pick a culprit it would be him. They were driving for the go-ahead score and he made a really bad decision to stop that from happening. I'm a known dumbass, but my hope/expectation was that with Trestman having two years now to grow Jay's football, that he'd expel this type of slapdickery from his system. I think I just need to come to terms with the fact that Jay is never going to have that breakout year where he puts it all together and shoots fireballs of stardom out of his orifices. He's always going to be an above-average QB who will make our buttholes pucker a couple times a game with a terrible decision, but could win a Super Bowl with the right talent around him and a few breaks in the clustermug that is the NFL.

Well said. Jay's 31 now and never going to become the guy we all thought/assumed/hoped he would be. I'm still fine with him as the Bears QB because there just aren't that many better options but life would be easier if people just took him for what he is.

Also, as frustrating as Jay is, I can't believe even the dumbest of meatballs has forgotten how terrible the history of Bears quarterbacking is. They have to know it could be so, so much worse.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/7/6119225/josh-mccown-dribbles-ball-throws-pick
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #767 on: September 08, 2014, 03:49:22 PM »

This is very true - but do we really want to use Bears QB history as our measuring stick here? I think the measuring stick should be other current day NFL QBs. This is the kind of thinking that tells me that as a Cubs fan I should accept a .500 season as a good one because as we all know all too well it could be so, so much worse. I guess at the end of the day I'm going to continue spending a seriously unhealthy portion of my life consuming and thinking about sports regardless, so holding teams to "a higher standard" is probably irrelevant, but it just seems kind of bush league to use a team/player's godawful predecessors to give them a free pass for mediocrity.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #768 on: September 08, 2014, 03:58:30 PM »
Quote from: R-V on September 08, 2014, 03:49:22 PM

This is very true - but do we really want to use Bears QB history as our measuring stick here? I think the measuring stick should be other current day NFL QBs. This is the kind of thinking that tells me that as a Cubs fan I should accept a .500 season as a good one because as we all know all too well it could be so, so much worse. I guess at the end of the day I'm going to continue spending a seriously unhealthy portion of my life consuming and thinking about sports regardless, so holding teams to "a higher standard" is probably irrelevant, but it just seems kind of bush league to use a team/player's godawful predecessors to give them a free pass for mediocrity.

Well, there are some really horrible quarterbacks starting games in the NFL right now. Bears fans know what that looks and feels like so we want them to put Jay's performance on days like yesterday in perspective. We want things we can't have.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #769 on: September 08, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on September 08, 2014, 03:58:30 PM

Well, there are some really horrible quarterbacks starting games in the NFL right now. Bears fans know what that looks and feels like so we want them to put Jay's performance on days like yesterday in perspective. We want things we can't have.

And if you think every game he plays is gonna be THIS game you're delusional. The week to week overreaction to NFL results is part of the deal. If he played 16 flawless games, great.

To quote Kurt Evans: Let's commit crimes against nature and fashion let's see how this one plays out

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #770 on: September 08, 2014, 04:05:10 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 08, 2014, 04:02:34 PM
And if you think every game he plays is gonna be THIS game you're delusional.

Agreed. He's going to get injured at some point.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #771 on: September 08, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »
This is very true - but do we really want to use Bears QB history as our measuring stick here?

I wasn't saying that we should just accept Jay because of the Bears history. Just more that Bears fans should know better than anybody what a terrible quarterback looks like and that Jay isn't terrible. This is probably some sort of strawman I've created; I don't know.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #772 on: September 08, 2014, 04:39:12 PM »
Quote from: Eli on September 08, 2014, 04:27:12 PM
This is very true - but do we really want to use Bears QB history as our measuring stick here?

I wasn't saying that we should just accept Jay because of the Bears history. Just more that Bears fans should know better than anybody what a terrible quarterback looks like and that Jay isn't terrible. This is probably some sort of strawman I've created; I don't know.

The refrence to a strawman makes me wonder if anyone's done a wllness check on SKO.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #773 on: September 08, 2014, 07:42:55 PM »
Look that last interception was ass-cancer of the mouth bad, but fucking hell I hate every last one of you "golly gee this makes me question my love of Jay" nancys. He threw 49 passes yesterday. He was accurate on 40 of them. He had 349 yards passing. I don't give a fuck what past Bears quarterbacks have done, please compare him to his peers and when you've come up with your pristine elite quarterback ranking list and where Jay ranks do me a favor and mail it to Trent Dilfer and leave me the hell alone. Unless you can point me to the direction of the line where they're handing out free Aaron Rodgers, Jay's still a top ten quarterback in this NFL. Someone just gave Alex Smith 45 fucking million dollars, for the sake of fuck.

No one's going to mention the beautiful wheel route that Jay dropped right into Forte's hands for a TD that Matt dropped, forcing them to settle for a FG. They're not going to mention Michael fucking Spurlock (who had to play because Jay's two All-Pro receivers missed either three series or 3 quarters of game action, nvm, he still completed 70% of his fucking throws) dropping two first downs that hit him in the hands.

Santonio Holmes recorded three drops (the last on 3rd down on their last drive of regulation, and while, yes, it sure did look like he was interfered with the ball still hit him in the fucking hands and would have set them up with first and goal). On that dumbfuck interception to fat fucking Kyle Williams, Santonio was run blocking and got an offensive pass interference flag because he fucked up the playcall because he was signed three weeks ago thanks to a Different wide receiver injury. It doesn't excuse the interception, but having one less eligible receiver for him to throw to, and considering the Holmes penalty was going to take them out of FG range anyway, it was do or die and Jay died. It was already going to be a 53 yard attempt before Holmes penalty, and I love Robbie but I don't think he has a 68 yarder in him. But hey don't let that get in the way of good Cutler hating, HE COST DEM THE GAME. Fuck even I got in on it before I remembered the penalty and basic common sense. Oh, and Santonio pulled the Johnny Knox "fall down on a slant" maneuver on the third down in their drive in OT.

I don't know if Jay is elite or if Marc Trestman can "fix" him and I don't fucking care. I don't even know what fixing means anymore. They were 2nd in the NFL in scoring last year (and averaged more points per game with Jay than Josh before someone comes in with YEA BUT DAT INCLUDES DA GAMES WITH MCNOWN) and he's completing 65% of his throws since Trestman came into town and fuck, whatever. He's here for at least three more years and this is the last time I'm having a referendum on elititudeness after one fucking pass out of fifty.

I have no idea if these Bears can win 7, 8, or 11 games with what they've got. I'm not giving up on them yet either, but if you think anything about Jay Cutler changed because he made one dumb throw in a history of dumb throws you're more than welcome to leave me as the last man on the bandwagon. It's not worth the effort to keep you on board.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #774 on: September 08, 2014, 07:53:58 PM »
For the record, excluding the 8 attempt outing against the Redskins, Cutler's played 11 full games under Marc Trestman.

Extrapolated to 16 games he'd project to complete 64% of his passes for 4280 yards, 30 TDs, and 18 INTs at 7.4 YPA, and a rating of 89 vs. a 16 game average before Trestman of 60.8%, 3675, 23 TDs, and 17 TDs, and 7.2 YPA with a rating of 84.

And golly I thought Trestman was supposed to fix this guy I mean amirite?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #775 on: September 08, 2014, 07:59:30 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 08, 2014, 07:53:58 PM
For the record, excluding the 8 attempt outing against the Redskins, Cutler's played 11 full games under Marc Trestman.

Extrapolated to 16 games he'd project to complete 64% of his passes for 4280 yards, 30 TDs, and 18 INTs at 7.4 YPA, and a rating of 89 vs. a 16 game average before Trestman of 60.8%, 3675, 23 TDs, and 17 TDs, and 7.2 YPA with a rating of 84.

And golly I thought Trestman was supposed to fix this guy I mean amirite?

I'll just keep staring at your avatar, SKO.  It really is glorious.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #776 on: September 08, 2014, 08:20:00 PM »
Also Jay threw the ball 49 times yesterday. I think we shouldn't lose sight of that number. That's a lot of throws even in today's NFL. Aaron Rodgers has never thrown more than 48 in a game in his career, but he's 2-4 in the 6 games where he's thrown at least 45. Peyton Manning has had 32 games where he's thrown 45 or more passes in a game. He's thrown 52 picks in those games and he's 8-24. So while I don't know if Peyton or Rodgers would have made that exact stupid interception (which, again, didn't cost them shit because the OPI on Holmes was going to fuck them anyway), I know those two also tend to lose and Peyton at least also turns into pick city when the team's game plan is "hey our QB needs to throw 50 flawless passes to win, K THX."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #777 on: September 08, 2014, 09:14:44 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 08, 2014, 07:42:55 PM
this is the last time I'm having a referendum on elititudeness

I bet it's not.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #778 on: September 08, 2014, 09:55:14 PM »
For the record, like 15 times I've had the argument with Huey that "better than prior Bears QBs" is a ridiculously stupid (and low) bar to set for Cutler or any current QB. 

It's the equivalent of comparing new diseases to syphilis.  Just a poor, poor thing to aspire to.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #779 on: September 08, 2014, 10:31:41 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 08, 2014, 09:55:14 PM
For the record, like 15 times I've had the argument with Huey that "better than prior Bears QBs" is a ridiculously stupid (and low) bar to set for Cutler or any current QB. 

It's the equivalent of comparing new diseases to syphilis.  Just a poor, poor thing to aspire to.

It has its place in arguments with the kinds of meatball Bears fans that I have to assume Huey interacts with on a daily basis, but yeah it is generally irrelevant in terms of discussing Jay's abilities in an absolute sense.