News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,436 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3900 on: April 26, 2016, 02:08:14 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 26, 2016, 01:14:21 PM
I didn't watch any Blackhawks games this season. I caught bits and pieces and checked some scores but I just never did it. I told myself I'd get into it once the playoffs started but I never got around to it. When the game was on at Cody's the other night I was infatuated with the Cubs in St. Louis.

The Kane stuff turned me off early and while they now tell me it was all made up, I didn't remember to give a shit.

I really watched fewer Cavs games too and my NBA League Pass barely got used. I sold nearly all my Bears tickets and didn't tune in for a few those games too.

I think I'm at a point where I only really, truly care about the Cubs. A solid, title contender of a Bears team could easily capture my attention, I'm sure. But I just don't seem to care about sports like I used to. It feels bad.

THI. I'm in the same boat, and it's possible that if Illinois ever got their shit together in basketball or football I would have some good feels about it, but it is indeed a strange feeling.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3901 on: April 26, 2016, 03:25:45 PM »
I didn't watch any Blackhawks games this season. I caught bits and pieces and checked some scores but I just never did it. I told myself I'd get into it once the playoffs started but I never got around to it. When the game was on at Cody's the other night I was infatuated with the Cubs in St. Louis.

The Kane stuff turned me off early and while they now tell me it was all made up, I didn't remember to give a shit.

I really watched fewer Cavs games too and my NBA League Pass barely got used. I sold nearly all my Bears tickets and didn't tune in for a few those games too.

I think I'm at a point where I only really, truly care about the Cubs. A solid, title contender of a Bears team could easily capture my attention, I'm sure. But I just don't seem to care about sports like I used to. It feels bad.

And I make three. It's all Cubs now. I barely even care about Northwestern sports anymore. I'll watch the football games occasionally but won't go out of my way to do so. That's more than I can say for the Bears.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3902 on: April 26, 2016, 04:28:39 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 26, 2016, 03:25:45 PM

And I make three. It's all Cubs now. I barely even care about Northwestern sports anymore. I'll watch the football games occasionally but won't go out of my way to do so. That's more than I can say for the Bears.
We live about a mile from the Cal campus.  Since DJ and I are both Cal graduates we attend the home games and follow them on TV.  Following a team with a mediocre won/loss record seems natural.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3903 on: April 26, 2016, 07:43:42 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 26, 2016, 04:28:39 PM

We live about a mile from the Cal campus.  Since DJ and I are both Cal graduates we attend the home games and follow them on TV.  Following a team with a mediocre won/loss record seems natural.

I straight up stopped even trying to give a shit about anything non-Cubs in the field of SPORTZ. The NFL has been sickening. I never cared about college football. Basketball is fairly meaningless to me. I decided that whether or not Kane was guilty, the way that was handled turned me off, and the Shaw comments were just icing on the shit sundae. Is tennis interesting?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3904 on: April 26, 2016, 07:54:19 PM »
Quote from: Bort on April 26, 2016, 07:43:42 PM
Is tennis interesting?

I think so.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3905 on: April 26, 2016, 08:10:02 PM »

We live about a mile from the Cal campus.  Since DJ and I are both Cal graduates we attend the home games and follow them on TV.  Following a team with a mediocre won/loss record seems natural.

I straight up stopped even trying to give a shit about anything non-Cubs in the field of SPORTZ. The NFL has been sickening. I never cared about college football. Basketball is fairly meaningless to me. I decided that whether or not Kane was guilty, the way that was handled turned me off, and the Shaw comments were just icing on the shit sundae. Is tennis interesting?

Become a soccer fan. I can assure you it's perfectly uncontroversial.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3906 on: April 26, 2016, 11:00:46 PM »
Quote from: flannj on April 26, 2016, 08:10:02 PM

We live about a mile from the Cal campus.  Since DJ and I are both Cal graduates we attend the home games and follow them on TV.  Following a team with a mediocre won/loss record seems natural.

Become a soccer fan. I can assure you it's perfectly uncontroversial.

Other than the hooliganism, soccer does nothing for me.

So, um...go West Ham...
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3907 on: April 27, 2016, 12:54:54 PM »

Same for me. I barely watched the Bears or Notre Dame last year, and the 13 year old die-hard fan version of me would be very disappointed. The Bulls are too weird to care about, and I was only ever a bandwagon Hawks fan anyway. I enjoyed the 3 cups, but I'm kind of over it. It's Cubs or nothing for me these days.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3908 on: April 27, 2016, 03:57:39 PM »
I think that's a trait of getting older. I used to follow way more sports as a kid. Now it's just the Cubs. Although, I enjoy fantasy football.
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3909 on: April 28, 2016, 10:47:44 AM »
Not the worst thing in the world that Jake got another day of rest.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3910 on: April 28, 2016, 12:47:08 PM »
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3911 on: April 28, 2016, 02:30:52 PM »
The David Ross retirement tour thing is actually pretty endearing and I wish him well.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3912 on: April 28, 2016, 09:42:12 PM »
I find the writing style of the MLB At Bat app to be obnoxious. They try to make everything trendy, and it just comes off as forced and kind of lame. "Video: A hanging curve to the amazing Manny Machado with the bases loaded? You know the results." I dunno, would it be worse for them to just announce that Machado hit a grand slam? Would they really lose click-throughs if they didn't try to sound hip?
M'lady.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3913 on: April 29, 2016, 08:31:56 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on April 28, 2016, 09:42:12 PM
I find the writing style of the MLB At Bat app to be obnoxious. They try to make everything trendy, and it just comes off as forced and kind of lame. "Video: A hanging curve to the amazing Manny Machado with the bases loaded? You know the results." I dunno, would it be worse for them to just announce that Machado hit a grand slam? Would they really lose click-throughs if they didn't try to sound hip?

I agree with this Kurt take.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3914 on: April 29, 2016, 08:54:53 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on April 28, 2016, 09:42:12 PM
I find the writing style of the MLB At Bat app to be obnoxious. They try to make everything trendy, and it just comes off as forced and kind of lame. "Video: A hanging curve to the amazing Manny Machado with the bases loaded? You know the results." I dunno, would it be worse for them to just announce that Machado hit a grand slam #PapaSlam? Would they really lose click-throughs if they didn't try to sound hip?

Even worse'd.