News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,895 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4200 on: August 29, 2016, 06:04:53 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 29, 2016, 04:41:29 PM
Quote from: Tonker on August 29, 2016, 04:30:03 PM
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on August 29, 2016, 04:17:31 PM
Quote from: Bort on August 29, 2016, 04:13:09 PM
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on August 29, 2016, 04:09:57 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 29, 2016, 04:01:13 PM
...I have no idea what that last post is about.

Thank GOD I'm not the only one...

I think I know what it's about. It doesn't make it any easier.

I should amend this...I think I know what it's about, sort of, since I'm aware that TIME TO POST likes to argue with conservative memes....I have no idea what observation SKO is trying to make within that context, though.

Nope, me neither.  I thought I was missing a meme.

Ha. I didn't really have a point. Facebook's new "fuck chronological order, here are the random posts we want you to see" set up means every time I check it half my timeline is "Fork commented on these 15 right wing facebook groups with a witty retort about Trump vs Kaepernick" because somehow I guess it knows he is my father and thinks I need to keep tabs on his every movement

Facebook and it's crazy new algorithm. What's next -- original content on Netflix? A Cubs team run by a guy who's not an idiot?
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4201 on: August 29, 2016, 09:18:08 PM »
I'm still nervous about Jake come playoff time. One bad inning still seems to sneak into almost every start
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4202 on: August 30, 2016, 01:47:49 AM »
...I'm embarrassed by my posts about Sarah Spain when the Super Bowl thing happened.  Don't go too far back into the Twatheads thread.  I sure have changed a lot and got my mind (more) right since then.

I mean, my posts still suck, but change happens in other ways.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4203 on: August 30, 2016, 09:08:21 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 30, 2016, 01:47:49 AM
...I'm embarrassed by my posts about Sarah Spain when the Super Bowl thing happened.  Don't go too far back into the Twatheads thread.  I sure have changed a lot and got my mind (more) right since then.

I mean, my posts still suck, but change happens in other ways.

The dumpster fire that is her mentions makes me see what I was.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4204 on: August 30, 2016, 09:13:36 AM »
...sure we all said some dumb shit about it, but it was still dumb for her to basically trade a date for superbowl tickets and then cry sexism whenever someone reminded her that she did that.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4205 on: August 30, 2016, 10:18:04 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 30, 2016, 09:13:36 AM
...sure we all said some dumb shit about it, but it was still dumb for her to basically trade a date for superbowl tickets and then cry sexism whenever someone reminded her that she did that.

There's a way to do that without insulting her appearance, etc., which is my only point here.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4206 on: August 30, 2016, 10:58:33 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on August 30, 2016, 10:18:04 AM

There's a way to do that without insulting her appearance, etc., which is my only point here.

Yeah, like I said there's no doubt we (and others far worse than us) went over the top in the criticism of her, and people who act like she hasn't established herself in her career by her own merits now are jackasses. I'm not really in range of ESPN 1000 but I listen to it often when I'm back home and the Score is being nauseating and she's a pretty good radio personality with mostly non-meathead opinions that I enjoy.

I just have always found the Superbowl stunt to have been pretty damn lame and pathetic and she did open herself to criticism both fair and unfair by doing it.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4207 on: August 30, 2016, 11:21:56 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 30, 2016, 10:58:33 AM

Yeah, like I said there's no doubt we (and others far worse than us) went over the top in the criticism of her, and people who act like she hasn't established herself in her career by her own merits now are jackasses. I'm not really in range of ESPN 1000 but I listen to it often when I'm back home and the Score is being nauseating and she's a pretty good radio personality with mostly non-meathead opinions that I enjoy.

I just have always found the Superbowl stunt to have been pretty damn lame and pathetic and she did open herself to criticism both fair and unfair by doing it.

Didn't it help launch her career though? Or was she already on the radio? It may have been lame, but it worked.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4208 on: August 30, 2016, 01:08:06 PM »
Quote from: Tony on August 30, 2016, 11:21:56 AM

Didn't it help launch her career though? Or was she already on the radio? It may have been lame, but it worked.

She was entirely unheard of before that stunt so yes to the first question and no to the second.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4209 on: August 30, 2016, 01:12:33 PM »
Quote from: Tony on August 30, 2016, 11:21:56 AM

Yeah. It's kind of an awkward subject because so many women in sports get unfairly accused of only getting hired because of their looks/sex appeal, and Spain has the education and experience and is now accomplished enough in her own right that it's unfair to attribute everything to that, but it's also not untrue that her career got a boost in some form from a publicity stunt that amounted to "take me to the superbowl because I'm hot."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4210 on: August 31, 2016, 10:15:00 PM »
... I wish people would leave Nick Vlahos alone at this point.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4211 on: August 31, 2016, 11:37:39 PM »
... I'm a little sad that this season is almost over.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4212 on: September 01, 2016, 06:45:00 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 31, 2016, 11:37:39 PM

Same. But then I think about adding Schwarber back next year.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4213 on: September 01, 2016, 07:29:40 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 31, 2016, 10:15:00 PM
... I wish people would leave Nick Vlahos alone at this point.

He blocked me last year at some point but even before he had I just stopped with the Vlahos stuff once I realized he didn't actually cover the Cubs. I assumed he was a sports reporter, but he's not, just a reporter for a downstate rag. "One Asshole With Bad Opinions" does not deserve all of that attention. It's not like an Al or whatever where he's asking for it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4214 on: September 01, 2016, 01:29:22 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 31, 2016, 11:37:39 PM

September will have a kind of going-through-the-motions feel to it. Sure, we'll see a division-clinching party, and maybe one for best overall NL record (not sure how much they'll do for it).

But it will sure as fuck be great to see the Eamus Catuli guys start busting out zeroes.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16