News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,556 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4860 on: November 11, 2018, 12:18:01 AM »
... I get back from the cat shelter, clean up, and leave the bathroom smelling like the short--lived '70s band Ass, Match, & Vape.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4861 on: November 11, 2018, 11:12:10 AM »
... And I had never heard of Vic Mizzy until my imaginary ex complained about my blowing my nose to the theme of Green Acres.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4862 on: November 12, 2018, 12:00:25 AM »
... Well, something must be going right if I serendipitously discover that "Chim-Chim-Cher-ee" is actually a wedding waltz composed by Tanzorchester Klaus Hallen, much to the consternation of my imaginary ex.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4863 on: November 12, 2018, 07:02:19 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 05, 2018, 09:37:47 AM
I had that dream again last night.  You know.  The one where I am back in school and on my way to take a final exam in a course where I never attended a class and never opened the text book, but it didn't matter because I couldn't find the room where the test was being given.  This was a variation.  It was a Wednesday and I was booked to perform a guitar concert on the following Monday.  However, I don't know how to play the guitar and didn't own one.  To make it worse, I had picked out my wardrobe for the event.  Leather bell bottom jeans, a shiny, pointy lapeled, print, polyester shirt, a phony leather vest, and a leather cap that a pimp wore in the 1970s.  What a nightmare!

Relevant xkcd. As far as I can recall, I think I've only had one university dream since I graduated. Maybe I'm less likely to have school dreams, since I'm still in schools every day. I have had a few stress dreams about not being prepared to teach.
M'lady.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4864 on: November 13, 2018, 11:26:42 AM »

... Stan Laurel signing his name on the door frame makes me laugh like an 11 year old.
"Come Clean" starting about 2:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kitqQ8eAfs
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4865 on: November 15, 2018, 01:18:55 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 12, 2018, 07:02:19 AM
I had that dream again last night.  You know.  The one where I am back in school and on my way to take a final exam in a course where I never attended a class and never opened the text book, but it didn't matter because I couldn't find the room where the test was being given.  This was a variation.  It was a Wednesday and I was booked to perform a guitar concert on the following Monday.  However, I don't know how to play the guitar and didn't own one.  To make it worse, I had picked out my wardrobe for the event.  Leather bell bottom jeans, a shiny, pointy lapeled, print, polyester shirt, a phony leather vest, and a leather cap that a pimp wore in the 1970s.  What a nightmare!

Relevant xkcd. As far as I can recall, I think I've only had one university dream since I graduated. Maybe I'm less likely to have school dreams, since I'm still in schools every day. I have had a few stress dreams about not being prepared to teach.

One of us (tinu) is an outlier. I have university dreams, work dreams, recurrent dreams where I already know the paths through the weird buildings, and wandering-around-lavatory dreams, which have a pretty obvious meaning but are nonetheless baroque. The less REM sleep the better, in my case. And then there's the issue of trying not to try to forget trying to forget this mental garbage-collection.

Screw the peribracial area and the horse it rode in on.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4866 on: November 25, 2018, 11:08:23 PM »
... I get Karl Malden and Jack Klugman mixed up on the rare occasions that I watch television featuring either.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4867 on: November 26, 2018, 08:30:46 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 15, 2018, 01:18:55 AM

One of us (tinu) is an outlier. I have university dreams, work dreams, recurrent dreams where I already know the paths through the weird buildings, and wandering-around-lavatory dreams, which have a pretty obvious meaning but are nonetheless baroque. The less REM sleep the better, in my case. And then there's the issue of trying not to try to forget trying to forget this mental garbage-collection.

When I was a kid, my recurring stress dream was that I'd try to cross the street, trip, fall, and be paralyzed as oncoming traffic moved toward me.
M'lady.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4868 on: November 26, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 26, 2018, 08:30:46 AM

When I was a kid, my recurring stress dream was that I'd try to cross the street, trip, fall, and be paralyzed as oncoming traffic moved toward me.

Oh, yah, the paralysis dreams. I would also pass out twitching in these. Have I already told the story about what happened after I tried lucid dreaming per Omni magazine?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4869 on: November 27, 2018, 04:02:12 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 26, 2018, 01:34:41 PM

Oh, yah, the paralysis dreams. I would also pass out twitching in these. Have I already told the story about what happened after I tried lucid dreaming per Omni magazine?

We'll stick with tonk's lucid dreams, thanks.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4870 on: November 28, 2018, 01:03:47 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 27, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

OK, but it's not bad. How about paralysis when the chairs start walking toward you of their own accord? That was a childhood classic for me.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4871 on: November 28, 2018, 10:22:49 AM »

How the fuck do you remember this stuff?  Even I'd completely forgotten about that post.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4872 on: November 28, 2018, 10:44:22 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 28, 2018, 10:22:49 AM

How the fuck do you remember this stuff?  Even I'd completely forgotten about that post.

That's practically a Thrillho level pull.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4873 on: November 28, 2018, 04:52:44 PM »
Quote from: Bort on November 28, 2018, 10:44:22 AM

That's practically a Thrillho level pull.

RIP

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4874 on: November 28, 2018, 11:30:49 PM »

I'd wager that you sometimes forget your name and nationality.