News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 595,038 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3195 on: October 15, 2015, 01:29:36 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 15, 2015, 10:34:14 AM
Quote from: Slaky on October 15, 2015, 10:03:19 AM
... they're just going to leave the ball there. You look at this, St. Louis.

This is good. I like this.

Next time the Cardinals are in town the Cubs should have a fucking laser show with chanting Gregorian monks and the ball on a rising platform while Ric Flair whips everyone into a fucking frenzy.

Or something like that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3196 on: October 18, 2015, 10:11:12 AM »
... I kind of get what Huey means when he complains about Lester not putting up "nails" performances quite as often as you'd want.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3197 on: October 18, 2015, 10:50:09 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 18, 2015, 10:11:12 AM
... I kind of get what Huey means when he complains about Lester not putting up "nails" performances quite as often as you'd want.

Meatball or no it definitely is really fucking irritating and depressing when a guy you count on gives up a first inning bomb in a playoff game, then turns around and gets whacked for the go ahead runs by the bottom of the order right after his team had tied it up for him.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3198 on: October 18, 2015, 01:35:42 PM »

What's funny about this I did not feel this way last night.  I was okay with his performance. Nails would've been nice but that just means he'll be more likely to do so when he's looking to close out the series on Thursday.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3199 on: October 18, 2015, 01:41:13 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on October 18, 2015, 01:35:42 PM

What's funny about this I did not feel this way last night.  I was okay with his performance. Nails would've been nice but that just means he'll be more likely to do so when he's looking to close out the series on Thursday.

I like your outlook. My big worry right now is that the cold weather is going to neutralize the Cubs' offensive advantages.
M'lady.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3200 on: October 19, 2015, 12:39:27 AM »
... Inspired by the fact that the music playing was "Black Water," I just tried to explain to a perhaps 26-year-old shopkeeper the "Doobie or Not Doobie" episodes of What's Happening. My attempt at a graceful exit after she was obviously backing away was, "The first album's the best."

"I'll check it out," followed by a hasty departure in search of somebody in need of more practical assistance.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3201 on: October 19, 2015, 07:37:44 AM »

I concur. I know he is really good, but it doesn't feel really good as often as I'd like... also, his one-dimension of talent is frustrating. I'm not as worried about the baserunners, but the man cannot make a normal throw to save his life. I feel bad for his son if he ever wants to play catch

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3202 on: October 19, 2015, 07:41:36 AM »
I'm not mad. I am just very sad. God I hope these kids can come back. I had really started to let myself be talked into them being the group to do it.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3203 on: October 19, 2015, 08:24:14 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 19, 2015, 07:41:36 AM
I'm not mad. I am just very sad. God I hope these kids can come back. I had really started to let myself be talked into them being the group to do it.

They've got the core that will do it. Whether it's this year or at some point prior to 2020. But they are winning the World Series in this time frame.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3204 on: October 19, 2015, 08:40:43 AM »

I think the kids will all be just fine. It's going to be the players around them that make or break things -- how Lester ages, how much Arrieta regresses (because he's going to, even if he just comes back down to "awesome"), if they can keep finding good seasons out of scrap heap guys like Chris Coghlan.

I'm not ready to think about the offseason yet, but I think it's going to be a really interesting one. I doubt the front office is going to be content to just sit back and hope this same general team makes another run.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3205 on: October 19, 2015, 08:45:16 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 19, 2015, 08:40:43 AM

I think the kids will all be just fine. It's going to be the players around them that make or break things -- how Lester ages, how much Arrieta regresses (because he's going to, even if he just comes back down to "awesome"), if they can keep finding good seasons out of scrap heap guys like Chris Coghlan.

I'm not ready to think about the offseason yet, but I think it's going to be a really interesting one. I doubt the front office is going to be content to just sit back and hope this same general team makes another run.

Yeah, that's the part that is always left out when people assume just steady improvement. Arrieta will probably never post a sub 2.00 ERA season again. Lester is only going to get worse. Not to say he'll be bad or even less than "very good", but he's not going to get better. I would like them to find a way to add one TOR starter through FA or trade (Price/Ross/Carrasco) and one reliable innings eater like a Mike Leake. I know Leake's peripherals and stuff don't make him look better than what Hammel or Hendricks did this year but he's proven to be a reliable, quality guy for 200+ innings a year every year and they need one of those. Hammel broke down completely in the second half and is going to be, what, 34 next year?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3206 on: October 19, 2015, 08:46:40 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 19, 2015, 08:45:16 AM

Yeah, that's the part that is always left out when people assume just steady improvement. Arrieta will probably never post a sub 2.00 ERA season again. Lester is only going to get worse. Not to say he'll be bad or even less than "very good", but he's not going to get better. I would like them to find a way to add one TOR starter through FA or trade (Price/Ross/Carrasco) and one reliable innings eater like a Mike Leake. I know Leake's peripherals and stuff don't make him look better than what Hammel or Hendricks did this year but he's proven to be a reliable, quality guy for 200+ innings a year every year and they need one of those. Hammel broke down completely in the second half and is going to be, what, 34 next year?

QuoteI'm not ready to think about the offseason yet

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3207 on: October 19, 2015, 08:51:17 AM »
Quote from: Eli on October 19, 2015, 08:46:40 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 19, 2015, 08:45:16 AM

QuoteI'm not ready to think about the offseason yet

I'm just trying to do something other than cry here, man. I guess I can just cry. I'm crying now. Are you happy.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3208 on: October 19, 2015, 09:17:41 AM »
... I don't think I can do this.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3209 on: October 19, 2015, 09:29:40 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on October 19, 2015, 08:24:14 AM

They've got the core that will do it. Whether it's this year or at some point prior to 2020. But they are winning the World Series in this time frame.

I don't know why this annoys the piss out of me but it does.