News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,998 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4065 on: July 19, 2016, 03:01:50 PM »
The stress that I feel about the Cubs is dwarfed by how stressful I'm finding this political season. I know that Trump can't possibly win, and yet ... what if Americans are actually stupid and racist enough to vote him in?
M'lady.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4066 on: July 19, 2016, 03:14:34 PM »
I believe that plagiarism is dishonest and unethical, because four score years ago, my mother and father brought forth upon this nation a son dedicated to the proposition that not all speakers are created equal, and that son, indivisible and with liberty and justice for almost everyone shall not perish in the immediate future. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4067 on: July 19, 2016, 03:45:42 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on July 19, 2016, 03:14:34 PM
I believe that plagiarism is dishonest and unethical, because four score years ago, my mother and father brought forth upon this nation a son dedicated to the proposition that not all speakers are created equal, and that son, indivisible and with liberty and justice for almost everyone shall not perish in the immediate future. 

That's one of my favorite Melania Trump quotes.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4068 on: July 19, 2016, 04:00:40 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on July 19, 2016, 03:45:42 PM
Quote from: CBStew on July 19, 2016, 03:14:34 PM

That's one of my favorite Melania Trump quotes.

That wasn't Joe Biden?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4069 on: July 19, 2016, 08:28:37 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 19, 2016, 12:24:07 PM
Quote from: Shooter on July 19, 2016, 12:23:13 PM
Quote from: SKO on July 18, 2016, 10:26:19 AM
...I'm going to be red, mad, nude, scared, and covered in my own piss and vomit if Lester and Arrieta look like warmed over dogshit vs the Mets again after a long layoff to rest up.

Half way to SKO being able to wear his big boy underwear to bed.

They don't even need to win tonight to abate my panic, Jake just needs to go like 7 or more and allow 2 or less.

Damn right yay.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4070 on: July 19, 2016, 09:21:17 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 19, 2016, 08:28:37 PM
Quote from: SKO on July 19, 2016, 12:24:07 PM
Quote from: Shooter on July 19, 2016, 12:23:13 PM
Quote from: SKO on July 18, 2016, 10:26:19 AM
...I'm going to be red, mad, nude, scared, and covered in my own piss and vomit if Lester and Arrieta look like warmed over dogshit vs the Mets again after a long layoff to rest up.

Half way to SKO being able to wear his big boy underwear to bed.

They don't even need to win tonight to abate my panic, Jake just needs to go like 7 or more and allow 2 or less.

Damn right yay.

Jake was good, so I promised myself I wouldn't be mad if they lost but fuck that's an annoying way to lose
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4071 on: July 20, 2016, 04:04:39 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on July 18, 2016, 10:51:57 AM
As many of you know, I spend much of my work life in the world of potatoes. 

I got an email this weekend from one of my clients (big SF Giants fan, as it were) looking to see if we could capitalize on Jason Hammel's new potato chip diet.  This is of particular relevance to us since we're working on a nutrition-based message for potatoes right now and conducting extensive research with RDs and athletes. 

I don't know if I'm admitting anything here, other than that I'm getting legitimate work emails about Jason Hammel eating potato chips.

Best development to this story, the client wants us to create messaging around this for social media and I've delegated it to a big Cardinals fan on my team and he has to read all the articles about it.

Work trolling.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4072 on: July 20, 2016, 05:11:48 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on July 19, 2016, 03:01:50 PM
The stress that I feel about the Cubs is dwarfed by how stressful I'm finding this political season.

Allow me to assure you that you don't know stress from a hole in your head.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4073 on: July 20, 2016, 05:18:11 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on July 20, 2016, 05:11:48 PM
The stress that I feel about the Cubs is dwarfed by how stressful I'm finding this political season.

To be fair to Kurt, being worried about losing your teaching job due to pedophilia accusations is probably pretty stressful.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4074 on: July 20, 2016, 05:48:38 PM »

All stress is relative. The amount of stress that I feel toward baseball is relatively trivial; I doubt I'll lose much sleep over it, if any at all. The amount of stress I feel regarding Trump's chances of winning is more significant, but it's not the greatest stressor I've experienced in my life. You seem to be implying that this level of stress, nor any other kind of stress I've felt, can compare to yours. I wouldn't compare, but I'd caution you from making that kind of statement because you don't really know me. I suspect that everyone here has experienced levels of stress that are totally devastating, based on horrific events in their lives that they hope to never relive. I know I have.

But anyway, this is the "no judgment" thread, so who cares?
M'lady.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4075 on: July 20, 2016, 05:52:47 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on July 20, 2016, 05:48:38 PM

All stress is relative. The amount of stress that I feel toward baseball is relatively trivial; I doubt I'll lose much sleep over it, if any at all. The amount of stress I feel regarding Trump's chances of winning is more significant, but it's not the greatest stressor I've experienced in my life. You seem to be implying that this level of stress, nor any other kind of stress I've felt, can compare to yours. I wouldn't compare, but I'd caution you from making that kind of statement because you don't really know me. I suspect that everyone here has experienced levels of stress that are totally devastating, based on horrific events in their lives that they hope to never relive. I know I have.

So now Wheezer has a hole in his head?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4076 on: July 20, 2016, 06:20:55 PM »
Quote from: flannj on July 20, 2016, 05:52:47 PM

Can't argue with results.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4077 on: July 20, 2016, 06:33:54 PM »
Quote from: Bort on July 20, 2016, 06:20:55 PM
Quote from: flannj on July 20, 2016, 05:52:47 PM

Can't argue with results.

Good old trepanning. I too may have have known some hash that made me feel that way.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4078 on: July 21, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »
...I randomly think about these 2016 Cubs, even with the massive success they've had, and think "I really wish I could have seen Kyle Schwarber contribute to this".
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4079 on: July 21, 2016, 01:36:41 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 21, 2016, 01:11:03 PM
...I randomly think about these 2016 Cubs, even with the massive success they've had, and think "I really wish I could have seen Kyle Schwarber contribute to this".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16