News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Poll

Yeti's bitching, what's not cool?

Cancer(all kinds)
Only non Apex-offending Cancer
Pedophilia
The not cool kind of Pedophilia
Downs syndrome
Even if it's kinda funny
Josh Hancock

Author Topic: Where Is the Line  ( 8,599 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Where Is the Line
« on: September 14, 2010, 12:09:38 PM »
I'm not even sure how this is supposed to work, actually, now that I've set it up. Oh well.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Where Is the Line
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 12:14:08 PM »
Can you fix it? I'd like to vote.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 12:15:45 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on September 14, 2010, 12:14:08 PM
Can you fix it? I'd like to vote.

I have no idea. I meant to say that only Non-Apex Offending Cancer WAS cool. so if you cast a vote for that, I'll understand.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 12:22:09 PM »
I want to know what the funny kind of kid rape is.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 12:25:54 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on September 14, 2010, 12:22:09 PM
I want to know what the funny kind of kid rape is.

Don't we all, Slak. Don't we all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 12:26:17 PM »
Wait. Are we saying there are times Yeti *is* cool?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 12:36:36 PM »
So, Jan Brewer has a son who has been in a mental institution for 20 years after he was charged with sexual assault and kidnapping and declared not guilty by reason of insanity.

Where's the line on this...funny or no?

I mean...you have sexual assault AND mental illness on the one hand, but on the other hand, you have Jan Brewer.

I'm going with "ultimately unfunny b/c of the sexual assault, but with scattered funniness."

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 12:37:22 PM »
Really, are anyone's expectations for this place all that high?

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 01:06:37 PM »
I don't see the option of "There isn't a line".

But, I've been gathering that somehow it's different when it's someone's kid. Ok. But mom's are ok (unless they have CANCER, and then it's bad). My main point is that it just seems a little thin skinned. I would hope Huey knows that I don't really wish Down's Syndrome on his kid. If he doesn't know that, then I guess he does now. I can understand the fear. I thought about that stuff a little when I was engaged since kids were discussed on occasion. Yea, it's scary, but if someone suggested my kid was going to have Down's, I wouldn't care, especially if I knew the person, and while they may rip on you, you know that they actually care. Maybe that's just me. I don't take offense to that shit, though. And chances are, since we're all inbred down here, my future kids will have deformities, mental illnesses and a shitty life (no small part due to the fact that I'm the father).

As far as the rape/pedo thing, I really don't care. I said something stupid not really paying attention to the information in front of me, and I got blasted for it. Shame on me. Oh well. Shit happens. And I'm going to have the pedo tag for a while. Who cares?

I've tried to explain my side probably too much at this point (tl;dr). However, I guess my point is that I don't think most of us actually wish anything ill on others (Maybe TDubbs on Kurt). And when did sincerity become a part of this place? Fuck.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 01:08:49 PM »

Where's carpet munching on this poll?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 01:09:36 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on September 14, 2010, 01:06:37 PM

But, I've been gathering that somehow it's different when it's someone's kid. Ok. But mom's are ok (unless they have CANCER, and then it's bad). My main point is that it just seems a little thin skinned. I would hope Huey knows that I don't really wish Down's Syndrome on his kid. If he doesn't know that, then I guess he does now. I can understand the fear. I thought about that stuff a little when I was engaged since kids were discussed on occasion. Yea, it's scary, but if someone suggested my kid was going to have Down's, I wouldn't care, especially if I knew the person, and while they may rip on you, you know that they actually care. Maybe that's just me. I don't take offense to that shit, though. And chances are, since we're all inbred down here, my future kids will have deformities, mental illnesses and a shitty life (no small part due to the fact that I'm the father).

As far as the rape/pedo thing, I really don't care. I said something stupid not really paying attention to the information in front of me, and I got blasted for it. Shame on me. Oh well. Shit happens. And I'm going to have the pedo tag for a while. Who cares?

I've tried to explain my side probably too much at this point (tl;dr). However, I guess my point is that I don't think most of us actually wish anything ill on others (Maybe TDubbs on Kurt). And when did sincerity become a part of this place? Fuck.

All you really needed to say'd.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 01:14:13 PM »

Jesus, you're thick.  Where do you get the idea I thought you "wished" it on my kid?  Like I explained in the ShoutBox--but the fat folds in your face apparently prevented you from reading and comprehending it--I admit to overreacting, and I tried explaining to you that we're a month away and my wife's in her upper thirties--which is getting into a risk range.   Stop making this a bigger deal than it is.  Seriously, just shut up and leave it alone.  This messageboard wasn't really designed for you to think out loud.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 01:17:07 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 14, 2010, 01:14:13 PM

Jesus, you're thick.  Where do you get the idea I thought you "wished" it on my kid?  Like I explained in the ShoutBox--but the fat folds in your face apparently prevented you from reading and comprehending it--I admit to overreacting, and I tried explaining to you that we're a month away and my wife's in her upper thirties--which is getting into a risk range.   Stop making this a bigger deal than it is.  Seriously, just shut up and leave it alone.  This messageboard wasn't really designed for you to think out loud.

I wasn't the pretty fucking annoying guy that started this thread. It could have easily been left alone here.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 01:17:31 PM »

Desipio's chief perpetrator of asshurt accuses yet another person of being asshurt.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 01:18:35 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 14, 2010, 01:17:31 PM

Desipio's chief perpetrator of asshurt accuses yet another person of being asshurt.

This is too meta for me. David Foster Wallace reference.