News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unreadable  ( 195,452 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Totally Unreadable
« Reply #1410 on: June 15, 2016, 03:45:59 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 15, 2016, 02:02:18 PM
Phil Rogers, visionary inventor of the +/- offseason success analysis algorithm and somehow still being paid to write about baseball, is at it again:

I'm sure the formulas are more complicated than this, but the simplified version goes like this:

Rondon + Chapman + Pedro Strop > Rondon + Strop + Travis Wood.

Or maybe like this:

Rondon + Chapman + Miller > Davis + Herrera + Madson (and pretty much every other bullpen in baseball history).

Pretty ballsy call saying Chapman is better than Travis Wood.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1411 on: June 15, 2016, 05:32:32 PM »
Phil Rogers, visionary inventor of the +/- offseason success analysis algorithm and somehow still being paid to write about baseball, is at it again:

I'm sure the formulas are more complicated than this, but the simplified version goes like this:

Or maybe like this:

Rondon + Chapman + Miller > Davis + Herrera + Madson (and pretty much every other bullpen in baseball history).

Using his simplified view of "three pitchers is a bullpen" -- it's not even better than the bullpen that Chapman/Miller are being traded from.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1412 on: June 16, 2016, 01:32:30 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 15, 2016, 05:32:32 PM

Or maybe like this:

Using his simplified view of "three pitchers is a bullpen" -- it's not even better than the bullpen that Chapman/Miller are being traded from.

Rondon to Chapman to Strop, left-to-right?
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1413 on: June 16, 2016, 01:35:58 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on June 16, 2016, 01:32:30 PM

Or maybe like this:

I don't know what this means. If you're ordering them based on birthday, you're right on the money. But if you're ordering them based on how good they are at pitching, Chapman shouldn't be in the middle.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1414 on: June 16, 2016, 01:55:38 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 16, 2016, 01:35:58 PM
Quote from: morpheus on June 16, 2016, 01:32:30 PM

Or maybe like this:

I don't know what this means. If you're ordering them based on birthday, you're right on the money. But if you're ordering them based on how good they are at pitching, Chapman shouldn't be in the middle.

I think he's predicting the next great 16" softball outfield.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1415 on: June 22, 2016, 02:28:55 PM »
Is Rick Morrissey retarded? I won't even link to the story because he is not worth the effort.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1416 on: June 22, 2016, 05:25:42 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 22, 2016, 02:28:55 PM
Is Rick Morrissey retarded? I won't even link to the story because he is not worth the effort.

I'm not saying SKO is a hypocrite, I'm just saying that he's awfully selective about who he decides to scold.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1417 on: June 22, 2016, 05:40:43 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 22, 2016, 05:25:42 PM
Quote from: Brownie on June 22, 2016, 02:28:55 PM

I'm not saying SKO is a hypocrite, I'm just saying that he's awfully selective about who he decides to scold.

I would prefer people not use the term retarded, yes.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1418 on: June 22, 2016, 09:19:29 PM »
He who is without sin...

Quote from: SKO on November 15, 2010, 06:13:36 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on November 15, 2010, 06:11:27 PM
Quote from: SKO on November 15, 2010, 06:02:31 PM
The Redskins, the brilliant minds behind Albert Haynesworth's 100 million dollar contract, gave Donovan McNabb, a 34 year old QB who has started all 16 games just 4 times in 11 years, a 5 year contract extension worth 78 million bucks (40 million guaranteed). Never mind that he's got a 76.0 rating and more INTs than TDs. Nice choice, Dan Snyder.

Yeah, but he was one of the best QBs on the market and they wanted to lock him up. They didn't know he would suck major ass and reveal himself as being on a pretty steep downslope to the end of his career. I mean, had they known all of that, they never would have given him that contract.

I wonder if some part of this has something to do with them wanting to silence the absolutely asinine comments that Shanahan benched McNabb because he's racist (which ignores a loooong history of Shanahan hating every single one of his non-Elway QBs). With any other organization I'd say no, but Dan Snyder is that fucking retarded.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1419 on: June 22, 2016, 09:35:36 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 22, 2016, 09:19:29 PM
He who is without sin...

Quote from: SKO on November 15, 2010, 06:13:36 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on November 15, 2010, 06:11:27 PM
Quote from: SKO on November 15, 2010, 06:02:31 PM
The Redskins, the brilliant minds behind Albert Haynesworth's 100 million dollar contract, gave Donovan McNabb, a 34 year old QB who has started all 16 games just 4 times in 11 years, a 5 year contract extension worth 78 million bucks (40 million guaranteed). Never mind that he's got a 76.0 rating and more INTs than TDs. Nice choice, Dan Snyder.

Yeah, but he was one of the best QBs on the market and they wanted to lock him up. They didn't know he would suck major ass and reveal himself as being on a pretty steep downslope to the end of his career. I mean, had they known all of that, they never would have given him that contract.

I wonder if some part of this has something to do with them wanting to silence the absolutely asinine comments that Shanahan benched McNabb because he's racist (which ignores a loooong history of Shanahan hating every single one of his non-Elway QBs). With any other organization I'd say no, but Dan Snyder is that fucking retarded.

It's true, I said some dumb shit when I was 21. Sometimes people grow up. It's a word I try not to use anymore.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1420 on: June 22, 2016, 09:38:04 PM »
I mean I'm not gonna judge you for saying it or whatever. I have a special needs cousin who was really hurt by its useage and I've tried to avoid it ever since. To each their own. I'm not trying to be a preachy dick on a fringe messageboard

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1421 on: June 22, 2016, 09:49:58 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2016, 09:38:04 PM
I mean I'm not gonna judge you for saying it or whatever. I have a special needs cousin who was really hurt by its useage and I've tried to avoid it ever since. To each their own. I'm not trying to be a preachy dick on a fringe messageboard

No offense intended, nor taken, just noting that on the many pages of results that came up when I queried the word "retarded," your 6-year-old remark about Daniel Snyder came up on page one.

OK, let's try this again. Rick Morrissey has no cognitive ability. His column contends that because the Cubs signed Lester and Lackey and Heyward that they didn't need to have shitty 2012, 2013 and 2014.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1422 on: June 22, 2016, 10:07:06 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 22, 2016, 09:49:58 PM

No offense intended, nor taken, just noting that on the many pages of results that came up when I queried the word "retarded," your 6-year-old remark about Daniel Snyder came up on page one.

OK, let's try this again. Rick Morrissey has no cognitive ability. His column contends that because the Cubs signed Lester and Lackey and Heyward that they didn't need to have shitty 2012, 2013 and 2014.

I saw that. He's trolling and he knows it

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1423 on: June 23, 2016, 09:15:13 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2016, 10:07:06 PM

As long as we are on the subject of words, would someone give me the definitions of the words "troll" and "trolling"?  I know that as a noun a troll is a gnome-like creature that lives under bridges and steals babies while they sleep.  The verb "trolling" described the act of dropping bait in the water and attempting to attract fish.  However, in the internet world the usage seems vague.  One who is trolling may be someone who is saying things solely for the purpose of provocation, dropping the bait in the internet pond.  He is therefore a troll, without a bridge, right?  (I am trolling for a response, aren't I?)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1424 on: June 23, 2016, 09:18:02 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 23, 2016, 09:15:13 AM
Quote from: SKO on June 22, 2016, 10:07:06 PM

As long as we are on the subject of words, would someone give me the definitions of the words "troll" and "trolling"?  I know that as a noun a troll is a gnome-like creature that lives under bridges and steals babies while they sleep.  The verb "trolling" described the act of dropping bait in the water and attempting to attract fish.  However, in the internet world the usage seems vague.  One who is trolling may be someone who is saying things solely for the purpose of provocation, dropping the bait in the internet pond.  He is therefore a troll, without a bridge, right?  (I am trolling for a response, aren't I?)

You got it right, Stew