News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: We Got Him II: Electric Boogaloo  ( 16,537 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: We Got Him II: Electric Boogaloo
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2011, 12:47:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 02, 2011, 12:34:47 AM
Guh. I'm screwed. Also, who shot RW McQuarters? These celebrations have gone too far.

"Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he is overthrown."  Proverbs, 24:17.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2011, 01:01:26 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 02, 2011, 12:47:43 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 02, 2011, 12:34:47 AM
Guh. I'm screwed. Also, who shot RW McQuarters? These celebrations have gone too far.

"Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he is overthrown."  Proverbs, 24:17.

That's not necessary.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2011, 01:03:37 AM »
I'm excited because I can't wait for the movie, book, and video game of this fecking awesome killing

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2011, 01:30:18 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on May 02, 2011, 12:03:50 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2011, 11:58:54 PM
But I understand those who feel like celebrating because they process things differently than I do.

Don't say things like that, man. It's cartoonish dualism.

I don't think that it is, really. I understand that it's crass. I really do. But I also know the kinds of people who are out there celebrating and I know where they come from. They're not particularly bright people, no. What they're doing is immature and perhaps distasteful, but I know people who aren't really intelligent enough to experience the depth of emotion and maturity it takes to be solemn or reserved about something like this. I know it's crass, but that doesn't necessarily make it wrong. I know my best friend in Afghanistan right now thinks its a major accomplishment. I can analyze and over-analyze the politics and why this may even complicate the situation and why things are never as clearcut as what they want them to be or that our government has utilized these events for their own ends but frankly, if this lightens his burden, or that of anyone who was irreparably scarred that day, if it makes them feel like somethings been accomplished or some measure of justice has been achieved, well, I'll let them celebrate. I'm sorry to get asshurt about it, I really am.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2011, 01:53:36 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 02, 2011, 01:30:18 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on May 02, 2011, 12:03:50 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2011, 11:58:54 PM
But I understand those who feel like celebrating because they process things differently than I do.

Don't say things like that, man. It's cartoonish dualism.

I don't think that it is, really. I understand that it's crass. I really do. But I also know the kinds of people who are out there celebrating and I know where they come from. They're not particularly bright people, no. What they're doing is immature and perhaps distasteful, but I know people who aren't really intelligent enough to experience the depth of emotion and maturity it takes to be solemn or reserved about something like this. I know it's crass, but that doesn't necessarily make it wrong. I know my best friend in Afghanistan right now thinks its a major accomplishment. I can analyze and over-analyze the politics and why this may even complicate the situation and why things are never as clearcut as what they want them to be or that our government has utilized these events for their own ends but frankly, if this lightens his burden, or that of anyone who was irreparably scarred that day, if it makes them feel like somethings been accomplished or some measure of justice has been achieved, well, I'll let them celebrate. I'm sorry to get asshurt about it, I really am.

I get this. I was more specifically referring to the "process things" part. It's a mindset that turns nearly everyone, including oneself, into a bit player on a cheap stage.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2011, 08:00:15 AM »
Guys, please take a step back and realize what you've done to the Dead bin Laden thread. Perhaps there is another Website where the Gil/SKO slap and tickle could continue in earnest. Maybe something where they could check in from their phones and respond to each other directly using @ and RT or something.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2011, 08:08:38 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on May 01, 2011, 11:06:35 PM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on May 01, 2011, 11:02:29 PM
Worth noting that Abbottabad is far, far inside Pakistan.  A lot closer to India than Afghanistan.  

This was an brilliantly executed operation.

A historic operation, even.

I swee what you did there.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2011, 08:33:58 AM »

Maybe Gil is just having a hard time discerning people celebrating the deaths of over 2500 people who did nothing worse than work in an office building, and celebrating the death of the man who orchestrated those 2500 deaths.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2011, 08:39:33 AM »
If you haven't seen this Twitter feed yet, scroll down to the post that says, "18 hours per day is not loadshedding" and read up.  It's essentially a live-blog of the capture.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2011, 08:48:34 AM »
I find it interesting that celebrating the death of one of America's biggest villains is what churns your stomachs.

Just to cherry pick from recent news we've had people obsessing over a pointless wedding in another country, Snooki had a best-selling book and every other magazine cover has something about Teen Mom on it.

A few celebrations aren't going to tarnish the image of Americans any more than it already has been to those that already hate us.

That said, it's over and everyone can go back to requesting the President's school records, watching Real Housewives, doubting that bin Laden was actually killed...you know, productive shit like that.

Me, I'm just excited to see the national anthem at the Bulls game tonight.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2011, 08:51:51 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 02, 2011, 08:08:38 AM
Worth noting that Abbottabad is far, far inside Pakistan.  A lot closer to India than Afghanistan.  

I swee what you did there.

Well, I'm glad *someone* did... I was worried.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2011, 08:56:45 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on May 01, 2011, 11:29:59 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 01, 2011, 11:21:03 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2011, 11:11:58 PM

Gil Gunderson would have you know that this isn't worth celebrating because the war isn't over. Oh, and that he completely agrees with Dan Bernstein that celebrating this makes us look as bad as the Palestinians who celebrated 9/11. (It maybe immature to drag a twitter feud over here but I'd like a collective shunning of Gil on this).

Yes, shun me for having a different opinion on one small aspect of this GAME CHANGING EVENT.

Cheap shot.

Shut up, hippie.

Christ almighty. I'm glad I wasn't awake last night to be scoffed at via internet by Gil and Dan Bernstein.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2011, 09:07:53 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 02, 2011, 08:57:44 AM
Please tell me this is false.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden_burial;_ylt=AnqQprrBgg8aJecq3HxytElg.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTJtODVnNWpxBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNTAyL3VzX2Jpbl9sYWRlbl9idXJpYWwEY3BvcwM3BHBvcwM3BHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDb2ZmaWNpYWxiaW5s

WASHINGTON – A U.S. official says Osama bin Laden has been buried at sea.

It sends different messages to two different audiences.

To one, it says, "We respect Islamic customs and traditions even when it comes to our worst enemies."

To the other, it says, "We totally dumped this asshole in the fucking Indian Ocean!"
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2011, 09:10:36 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on May 02, 2011, 09:07:53 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 02, 2011, 08:57:44 AM
Please tell me this is false.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden_burial;_ylt=AnqQprrBgg8aJecq3HxytElg.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTJtODVnNWpxBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNTAyL3VzX2Jpbl9sYWRlbl9idXJpYWwEY3BvcwM3BHBvcwM3BHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDb2ZmaWNpYWxiaW5s

WASHINGTON – A U.S. official says Osama bin Laden has been buried at sea.

It sends different messages to two different audiences.

To one, it says, "We respect Islamic customs and traditions even when it comes to our worst enemies."

To the other, it says, "We totally dumped this asshole in the fucking Indian Ocean!"

TEC wins. I also saw it mentioned that burying him somewhere would allow future deutsche banks to use the site as a shrine of sorts that they could visit. Now they can all drown instead.