News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Week 8: Our Coach's Kid is Better Than Your Coach's Kid  ( 6,477 )

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Week 8: Our Coach's Kid is Better Than Your Coach's Kid
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 10:20:08 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on November 07, 2011, 10:03:53 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 07, 2011, 09:59:28 PM
Man I hate me some Roy Williams.

This team is doing a really good job of making me hate all of them tonight.

Except for Bennet.  Serious manlove there.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 10:36:23 PM »
Dave Sansabelter reportedly joins occupy chicago at midnight.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »
Good win for the Bears.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 10:57:43 PM »
The one word that comes to mind for that win is "confident."

That pair of costly fumbles aside (DAMN YOU SANZENBACHER!), what a great game.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 10:59:47 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 07, 2011, 10:57:43 PM

If the offensive line shows up and the defense makes a couple plays, this team can beat anyone. Yes, even the Packers.

Hope Hester is OK.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 07, 2011, 10:57:43 PM

Since it sounded like the guys in the booth were rooting for Philly, I especially love it whenever Jay shoves a Bears win down their throats.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »
Reid's absolutely terrible fake punt decision tonight was almost Zook-ish.

Almost.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 11:20:17 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 07, 2011, 11:03:48 PM
Since it sounded like the guys in the booth were rooting for Philly...

Oh, please.

Maybe when they weren't busy fellating Cutler, Forte, Briggs and Urlacher. Hell, even Marion Barber benefited from a couple under-the-table handies from Gruden and/or Jaws tonight. (Anyone else find it nearly impossible to tell those two apart sometimes?)

It's far from an uncommon malady, but perhaps more than any other NFL broadcast team these days, I feel like these mooks treat the action on the field like they're collectively the dog from "Up." Their narrative of the game never seems to be anything more than the narrative of the past 20 seconds.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 11:20:44 PM »
Quote from: BC on November 07, 2011, 11:09:20 PM

Almost.

Dave Toub is a genius for knowing the eagles have a sight adjust for an uncovered gunner and knowing the punter can't execute throwing to a wide open reciever.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »

Almost.

It was a great decision. The Bears were in full punt block and the gunners were uncovered. They just forgot that Chas Henry throws like a girl.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 12:11:19 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 07, 2011, 11:20:17 PM

Oh, please.

Maybe when they weren't busy fellating Cutler, Forte, Briggs and Urlacher. Hell, even Marion Barber benefited from a couple under-the-table handies from Gruden and/or Jaws tonight. (Anyone else find it nearly impossible to tell those two apart sometimes?)

It's far from an uncommon malady, but perhaps more than any other NFL broadcast team these days, I feel like these mooks treat the action on the field like they're collectively the dog from "Up." Their narrative of the game never seems to be anything more than the narrative of the past 20 seconds.

Yeah, there were several times during the game where Gruden got disturbingly hot and bothered while describing Matt Forte. I'm sure they didn't cut to a video of the booth just to avoid the sight of Gruden tweaking his own nipples. The MNF crew is pretty damn good and loving Everybody to an annoying extent. Now, the 9 billion experts and the standard insecure Bears fans and media that thought Philly was going to destroy them? It was fun as hell to see this team shut their fucking mouths. Good game on all sides. The Forte fumbles were flukes, he just doesn't do that and they did exactly what good teams do in order to overcome them. This is going to be a good second half of the season. The Lions and the Chargers at home are big games, then they can feast on the Chiefs, the Tebows, the Rotting Carcass of Carson Palmer, the Seahawks, etc. Go Bears.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 07:24:48 AM »

Oh, please.

Ever since Gruden joined the booth with his constant equal fellating for players on both teams, Jaws has turned into Gruden-lite. At one time Jaws was an okay color guy, but with Gruden getting more attention than him he switched his schtick and subsequently became awful.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 08:05:19 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on November 07, 2011, 11:22:15 PM

Almost.

It was a great decision. The Bears were in full punt block and the gunners were uncovered. They just forgot that Chas Henry throws like a girl.

With all the athletes Philly is paying on both sides of the ball, they risk the entire game with two skinny white dudes from fuck knows where? I think it was a horrible decision, extremely high-risk and criminally stupid. I love Andy Reid. I also love that Lovie will never lose to Vick. Never. Fuck you.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2011, 09:29:32 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on November 08, 2011, 07:24:48 AM

Oh, please.

Ever since Gruden joined the booth with his constant equal fellating for players on both teams, Jaws has turned into Gruden-lite. At one time Jaws was an okay color guy, but with Gruden getting more attention than him he switched his schtick and subsequently became awful.

Jaws is like that dorky kid in junior high who started hanging out with a meathead over the summer and came back to school in the fall acting just like his new alpha male buddy. Every time Jaws says something, you can almost hear him looking at Gruden for approval.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2011, 10:25:32 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 08, 2011, 09:29:32 AM
Quote from: Waco Kid on November 08, 2011, 07:24:48 AM

Oh, please.

Jaws is like that dorky kid in junior high who started hanging out with a meathead over the summer and came back to school in the fall acting just like his new alpha male buddy. Every time Jaws says something, you can almost hear him looking at Gruden for approval.

Honestly, this is a real shame. For a while there, Jaws was pretty good (on a relative scale as pretty much all of "these guys" are terrible).

I don't know if Gruden is just afraid to piss anyone off in case he decides to coach again or if he's really just this damn impressed with everyone, but he's quickly becoming one of the worst color analysts on TV.  

But, really...I can just turn off the volume, so I have no one to blame but myself.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"