News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Butthurt  ( 14,674 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Butthurt
« on: March 02, 2013, 07:39:20 AM »
I thought of starting this thread 2 months ago when I read this story and couldn't believe what a humorless cunt Jan Stenerud is, but never got around to it posting this until now.  I figured this shit-for-brains site could use a repository for all pro athlete butthurt

QuoteEd Podolak loves this time of year. Invariably, he is asked about his momentous game on Dec. 25, 1971, when he amassed 350 total yards, still a postseason record, even though his Kansas City Chiefs lost in double overtime to the Miami Dolphins, 27-24, in the longest contest in N.F.L. history.

"I never get tired of talking about it," he said last week.

For another former Chief, the Hall of Fame kicker Jan Stenerud, the 1971 divisional playoff game is not a cherished memory.

"Do you want to talk about my mother's funeral, too?" Stenerud said recently when asked about the defeat. He hung up the phone, ending a brief interview.

Even though this bitch is lucky to be in the same Hall of Fame that excludes Ray Guy, the fact that he's in denotes he had a helluva a career.  And yet he can't laugh about his role in this epic game?  That's major, 4 decade asshurt right there.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Butthurt
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 10:16:01 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 02, 2013, 07:39:20 AM
I thought of starting this thread 2 months ago when I read this story and couldn't believe what a humorless cunt Jan Stenerud is, but never got around to it posting this until now.  I figured this shit-for-brains site could use a repository for all pro athlete butthurt.

Cut Jan some slack...it's always Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 09:59:30 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 02, 2013, 10:16:01 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 02, 2013, 07:39:20 AM
I thought of starting this thread 2 months ago when I read this story and couldn't believe what a humorless cunt Jan Stenerud is, but never got around to it posting this until now.  I figured this shit-for-brains site could use a repository for all pro athlete butthurt.

Cut Jan some slack...it's always Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

A million face palms.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 02:00:42 PM »
For Huey:

QuoteMost multibillionaires have better things to do than spend time on Twitter arguing the finer points of bankruptcy law. But Donald Trump is not your typical billionaire. He is the Paris Hilton of the business world: famous for being rich and famous. And he has proved again and again that he will go to extraordinary lengths to buff the public perception that he is a billionaire many times over and, despite what you may or may not think, one of the savviest businessmen around.

When Timothy L. O'Brien—then a staff writer at The New York Times—had the temerity to report in the paper of record, on October 23, 2005 (and in his book TrumpNation, published days later), that "three people with direct knowledge of Donald's finances" had told him Trump was worth "somewhere between $150 million and $250 million," Trump was incensed, and a few months later filed suit. "By anyone's standards, this still qualified Donald as comfortably wealthy," O'Brien continued in the article, "but none of these people thought that he was remotely close to being a billionaire." Outrageous, countered Trump. "You can go ahead and speak to guys who have 400‑pound wives at home who are jealous of me, but the guys who really know me know I'm a great builder," he told O'Brien.

This injustice could not stand. In January 2006, Trump sued O'Brien and his book publisher—but not The Times—for defamation in a Camden, New Jersey, court. Trump wanted $5 billion in damages. In July 2009, Superior Court Judge Michele M. Fox dismissed the case, arguing that Trump had not come up with "clear and convincing evidence to establish malice." Trump appealed, and in September 2011, he lost again after the court found no evidence of "actual malice" on O'Brien's part...

He also told me he was ready to sue the comedian Bill Maher, who claimed on The Tonight Show in January that Trump was the product of the union of a human mother and an orangutan father. Maher offered $5 million to Trump for proof that this was not true. Trump then sent Maher a copy of his birth certificate, apparently without irony. But he had not heard from Maher or received the reward, which he said he would split among five charities. "He has not responded, and the reason he hasn't responded is his lawyers probably tell him, 'You've got yourself a problem,' " Trump explained. "But if he doesn't pay, I will bring a lawsuit." (He made good on his word, filing a suit against Maher on February 4, demanding the $5 million. Maher later said, on his show, "Donald Trump must learn two things—what a joke is, and what a contract is.")
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 02:09:40 PM »
Also:

QuoteTrump's fascination with golf courses may stem in part from his personal interest in playing the game. He is, by all accounts, a terrific golfer. "I've won many club championships," Trump told me. "And I was always the best athlete. But I've won many a club championship. It's something that people don't know unless they are with me and have played with me." Jimmy Lee, the über‑banker at JPMorgan Chase, had played with Trump recently at one of his New York–area golf clubs. Trump wanted me to call Lee and ask him about his golf game. Trump "is more than legit," Lee said. "He shot a 67 on his own ball, with me." He said there were no, shall we say, "preferred lies," either.

But that's reportedly rare for Trump, according to others who have played golf with him. "He is the most rampant cheater," one claimed. "This will give you an insight into Donald: He's so overt in his cheating that to virtually everybody I know that plays golf with him, including myself, it's part of his personality, in a way, on the golf course. For instance, he never plays for money, because I don't think he would ever cheat the way he does on the golf course if he played for money, so he won't make financial bets. For him it's just all about winning. And his cheating is so obvious that I think he is self-aware that a part of the expectation that people have of his personality on the golf course is that he does it. And we always have fun watching how he does it." He said he had seen Trump move the ball "from the woods into the middle of the fairway" and, on an elevated green, "kick another guy's ball about 15 more feet from the pin—by the way, in front of me." Nobody calls Trump on it, he said, because, well, it's just part of the theatrics of being with Trump. (Trump himself disputed all this: "It just sounds like it's coming from people I beat, and beat badly.")

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 04:30:28 PM »
and:

QuoteIt's why he jets off to Mar-a-Lago on the weekends in his new Citation X—"What I like about that is the speed," he explained. "It's the fastest private plane ever made. It goes Mach 9.3"

We should respect and fear Trump, he apparently owns an ICBM
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on March 21, 2013, 04:30:28 PM
and:

QuoteIt's why he jets off to Mar-a-Lago on the weekends in his new Citation X—"What I like about that is the speed," he explained. "It's the fastest private plane ever made. It goes Mach 9.3"

The F-22 can only reach Mach 2.25, so that's impressive.  Maybe we should try strapping missiles onto Cessnas.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 04:51:27 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 21, 2013, 04:34:17 PM
and:

The F-22 can only reach Mach 2.25, so that's impressive.  Maybe we should try strapping missiles onto Cessnas.

Trump wouldnt be caught dead in a Cessna.  The Citation is a Gulfstream business jet and its top speed does appear to be mach 0.92. The Donald apparently likes to multiply numbers by 10 [or 100 or..]

EDITED TO ADD-- Forgot that Cessna owns Gulfstream, so I guess he would be caught dead in one.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 05:04:39 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on March 21, 2013, 04:51:27 PM
and:

The F-22 can only reach Mach 2.25, so that's impressive.  Maybe we should try strapping missiles onto Cessnas.

Trump wouldnt be caught dead in a Cessna.  The Citation is a Gulfstream business jet and its top speed does appear to be mach 0.92. The Donald apparently likes to multiply numbers by 10 [or 100 or..]

EDITED TO ADD-- Forgot that Cessna owns Gulfstream, so I guess he would be caught dead in one.

To be fair, he's apparently not really a "numbers guy":

QuoteTrump is a graduate of the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, but as parts of the two-day, December 2007 deposition he gave in the O'Brien lawsuit make clear, his preoccupation with his retail image sometimes crowds out conventional financial thinking when it comes to calculating his net worth. In the deposition, Trump showed little or no understanding of the concept of "net present value," the idea that because of the time value of money, something that is expected to be worth $100 in the future is worth less than $100 today. The concept is essential to calculating what a business is worth. The subject came up in a discussion of how Trump valued his golf courses. After conceding that he was only "modestly" familiar with the idea of net present value, he said it had something to do with "the value of the land currently after debt," which sounds more like a definition of the equity value of an asset, rather than its net present value. His methods of valuing assets are more creative than precise, although Trump has his own internal logic for them. For instance, in 2005, he was paid $400,000 for a speech at the Learning Annex, but bragged on Larry King Live that his pay was actually more than $1 million because, as he explained in his deposition, the speech was promoted in billboard, newspaper, radio, and TV ads around New York City, creating extra value for his brand.

"So when you say publicly you got paid more than $1 million, you're including in that sum the promotional expenses they pay?," Trump was asked during his deposition.

"Oh, absolutely, yes," he replied. "That has a great value. It has a great value to me."

He said in the deposition that he tries to be "truthful" in discussing his net worth, but the transcript reveals that he views the truth, in these matters, to be a function of emotion as much as hard science. "My net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with markets and with attitudes and with feelings—even my own feelings—but I try." He's no different than "a politician running for office," he said. "You always put the best foot forward. So you don't want to say negative things."

O'Brien's lawyers at Debevoise & Plimpton—among them Mary Jo White, who would become Obama's 2013 nominee to chair the Securities and Exchange Commission—probed further into the idea that Trump's net worth changes with his mood. "Yes, even my own feelings, as to where the world is, where the world is going—and that can change rapidly from day to day," Trump said. "You have a September 11, and you don't feel so good about yourself and you don't feel so good about the world and you don't feel so good about New York City. Then you have a year later, and the city is as hot as a pistol. Even months after that, it was a different feeling. So yeah, even my own feelings affects my value to myself." He said it all depends on when the question is asked.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 05:13:20 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 21, 2013, 05:04:39 PM

To be fair, he's apparently not really a "numbers guy":

QuoteTrump is a graduate of the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, but as parts of the two-day, December 2007 deposition he gave in the O'Brien lawsuit make clear, his preoccupation with his retail image sometimes crowds out conventional financial thinking when it comes to calculating his net worth. In the deposition, Trump showed little or no understanding of the concept of "net present value," the idea that because of the time value of money, something that is expected to be worth $100 in the future is worth less than $100 today. The concept is essential to calculating what a business is worth. The subject came up in a discussion of how Trump valued his golf courses. After conceding that he was only "modestly" familiar with the idea of net present value, he said it had something to do with "the value of the land currently after debt," which sounds more like a definition of the equity value of an asset, rather than its net present value. His methods of valuing assets are more creative than precise, although Trump has his own internal logic for them. For instance, in 2005, he was paid $400,000 for a speech at the Learning Annex, but bragged on Larry King Live that his pay was actually more than $1 million because, as he explained in his deposition, the speech was promoted in billboard, newspaper, radio, and TV ads around New York City, creating extra value for his brand.

"So when you say publicly you got paid more than $1 million, you're including in that sum the promotional expenses they pay?," Trump was asked during his deposition.

"Oh, absolutely, yes," he replied. "That has a great value. It has a great value to me."

He said in the deposition that he tries to be "truthful" in discussing his net worth, but the transcript reveals that he views the truth, in these matters, to be a function of emotion as much as hard science. "My net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with markets and with attitudes and with feelings—even my own feelings—but I try." He's no different than "a politician running for office," he said. "You always put the best foot forward. So you don't want to say negative things."

O'Brien's lawyers at Debevoise & Plimpton—among them Mary Jo White, who would become Obama's 2013 nominee to chair the Securities and Exchange Commission—probed further into the idea that Trump's net worth changes with his mood. "Yes, even my own feelings, as to where the world is, where the world is going—and that can change rapidly from day to day," Trump said. "You have a September 11, and you don't feel so good about yourself and you don't feel so good about the world and you don't feel so good about New York City. Then you have a year later, and the city is as hot as a pistol. Even months after that, it was a different feeling. So yeah, even my own feelings affects my value to myself." He said it all depends on when the question is asked.

Wow.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 05:38:49 PM »
and:

QuoteIt’s why he jets off to Mar-a-Lago on the weekends in his new Citation X—“What I like about that is the speed,” he explained. “It’s the fastest private plane ever made. It goes Mach 9.3

The F-22 can only reach Mach 2.25, so that's impressive.  Maybe we should try strapping missiles onto Cessnas.

Trump wouldnt be caught dead in a Cessna.  The Citation is a Gulfstream business jet and its top speed does appear to be mach 0.92. The Donald apparently likes to multiply numbers by 10 [or 100 or..]

You're right that Trump would be caught dead in one.  Cessna does not own Gulfstream, that would be General Dynamics.  The Citation jets (the original name was the FanJet 500) are unrelated to Gulfstream's offerings and were developed by Cessna internally and independently.  #aviationnerd

Edited to Add: Cessna itself was briefly owned by General Dynamics, but GD sold it to Textron in the early '90s before buying Gulfstream in the late '90s.  Citations predated both transactions.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 09:19:04 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 21, 2013, 05:38:49 PM
and:

Trump wouldnt be caught dead in a Cessna.  The Citation is a Gulfstream business jet and its top speed does appear to be mach 0.92. The Donald apparently likes to multiply numbers by 10 [or 100 or..]

You're right that Trump would be caught dead in one.  Cessna does not own Gulfstream, that would be General Dynamics.  The Citation jets (the original name was the FanJet 500) are unrelated to Gulfstream's offerings and were developed by Cessna internally and independently.  #aviationnerd

Edited to Add: Cessna itself was briefly owned by General Dynamics, but GD sold it to Textron in the early '90s before buying Gulfstream in the late '90s.  Citations predated both transactions.

I take back about 95% of the rotten things I said about you.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 04:56:35 PM »

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 11:46:19 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 22, 2013, 04:56:35 PM
Dennis Latta

Maybe the  Cubs could schedule Harvard, and Al Yellon could have the same reaction.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 09:49:13 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on March 22, 2013, 11:46:19 PM
Quote from: PANK! on March 22, 2013, 04:56:35 PM
Dennis Latta

Maybe the  Cubs could schedule Harvard, and Al Yellon could have the same reaction.

And ban himself from his own site right after re-naming it Fuck these goddamn gutless fucking assholes.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.