News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Why are the Bears drafting this douche thread. 4/26-27 2008.  ( 38,753 )

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I like to make lists.

My favorite football players of all time:

Tier 1

1. Walter Payton

Tier 2

1. Richard Dent
2. Otis Wilson
3. Steve McMichael
4. Brian Urlacher
5. Matt Suey

Tier 3

1. Neal Anderson
2. Wilbur Marshall
3. Dan Hampton
4. Mike Brown
5. Devin Hester

Add to the 666 List:

Vestee Jackson
Roosevelt Williams

I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT II on April 27, 2008, 12:37:08 PM
I like to make lists.

Tier 1

1. Walter Payton

Tier 2

1. Richard Dent
2. Otis Wilson
3. Steve McMichael
4. Brian Urlacher
5. Matt Suey

Tier 3

1. Neal Anderson
2. Wilbur Marshall
3. Dan Hampton
4. Mike Brown
5. Devin Hester

Add to the 666 List:

Vestee Jackson
Roosevelt Williams
R.W. McQuarters

666'd.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
There goes Booty to the Vikings... The Packers traded the pick to them, which I found strange.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I like to make lists.

Tier 1

1. Walter Payton

Tier 2

1. Richard Dent
2. Otis Wilson
3. Steve McMichael
4. Brian Urlacher
5. Matt Suey

Tier 3

1. Neal Anderson
2. Wilbur Marshall
3. Dan Hampton
4. Mike Brown
5. Devin Hester

Add to the 666 List:

Vestee Jackson
Roosevelt Williams

And what, no Singletary? You reading out of some Chuck Gitles playbook now?

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club
Apex, Mike Alstott doesn't make your list?  Or what about Rosevelt Colvin?  I know he left the Bears in a money grab, but that Alamo Bowl game against K-State gets him at least an honorable mention in my book.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ~Apex on April 27, 2008, 12:45:49 PM
I like to make lists.

Tier 1

1. Walter Payton

Tier 2

1. Richard Dent
2. Otis Wilson
3. Steve McMichael
4. Brian Urlacher
5. Matt Suey

Tier 3

1. Neal Anderson
2. Wilbur Marshall
3. Dan Hampton
4. Mike Brown
5. Devin Hester

The Chuck Gitles playbook that says that Singletary is/was better than Urlacher?  Nope.

I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
The Bears pick a corner, Zack Bowman, from Nebraska in the fifth round... I liked him as possibly a seventh-round sort of guy, although some draft guys had him going in the fifth or sixth rounds.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CT II on April 27, 2008, 12:55:51 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on April 27, 2008, 12:45:49 PM
I like to make lists.

Tier 1

1. Walter Payton

Tier 2

1. Richard Dent
2. Otis Wilson
3. Steve McMichael
4. Brian Urlacher
5. Matt Suey

Tier 3

1. Neal Anderson
2. Wilbur Marshall
3. Dan Hampton
4. Mike Brown
5. Devin Hester

The Chuck Gitles playbook that says that Singletary is/was better than Urlacher?  Nope.

I'm one of those dopes who thinks that the 85 Bears' Defense wouldn't have been nearly as scary without Samurai Mike shifting people around and constantly screwing with the quarterback's head. There were a lot of valuable players on that team, but in my mind Payton and Singletary were its most indispensable players. So for Mike, I shall splooge for infinity and beyond. 

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MDZ on April 27, 2008, 12:53:07 PM
Apex, Mike Alstott doesn't make your list?  Or what about Rosevelt Colvin?  I know he left the Bears in a money grab, but that Alamo Bowl game against K-State gets him at least an honorable mention in my book.

Who do they bump off that list of mine? Again, we're talking about tier 4-10. I'm not Al Yellon here. One Purdue guy, Rod Woodson shares a spot with the eternally injured Punky QB because I met Woodson in person at a track meet when he was a senior. He signed an autograph for me and proceeded to blow a bunch of brothers out of the gym in the 100 meters without breaking a sweat. My sister threw shot for Purdue at the time, which was why I was able to roam around on the field at an indoor Purdue track meet. Steakballs.

Alstott played against the Bears in their division when they were teh suc. He lost some cool points there.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
A corner? I don't get it. We need guards and receivers. Corner is a strong point.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Butthead, something about taking the best players available no matter the position, especially if they figure to help on special teams makes sense to me right now. Angelo seems to know his shit when it comes DBs.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Dixon off the board, and now a tight end??? Does this mean Olsen is going to be split out a lot?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 01:48:19 PM
Dixon off the board, and now a tight end??? Does this mean Olsen is going to be split out a lot?

Uh I don't know. Maybe they'll convert Dez to a guard. Or they don't think Dez has much tread left on the tires and they're grooming his replacement. Still, a team needs three TE's.

PropJoe

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Apparently their plan is to be horrible this year and then draft Tebow? I have no idea why we haven't picked another O-lineman and a QB yet, there was no need at all to take an injury risk like Bowman and a character risk like Davis at two positions where we actually have good players.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: PropJoe on April 27, 2008, 11:41:31 AM
I cannot believe anyone is legitimately suggesting drafting Ainge over Woodson. I don't care what kind of hitch Woodson had, he was 10X better in college than Ainge was with much worse talent around him, playing in the same division in the SEC. Ainge is a horrible, horrible quarterback. Also, I think people are going to be very happy with Bennett, and considering how horrible our WR corps is it wouldn't surprise me if EB was starting by mid-season or so. He catches everything, is good after the catch, and I think with Chris Williams coming with him to the Bears he should have an easier adjustment to the NFL.

Earl Bennett's the stuff.  He'll be good.  Ainge and Woodson should both be ignored. 
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.