News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Why are the Bears drafting this douche thread. 4/26-27 2008.  ( 38,723 )

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
Quote from: PropJoe on April 27, 2008, 02:07:47 PM
Apparently their plan is to be horrible this year and then draft Tebow? I have no idea why we haven't picked another O-lineman and a QB yet, there was no need at all to take an injury risk like Bowman and a character risk like Davis at two positions where we actually have good players.

Splooge. 

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I wanted the Bears to draft Dixon, even though he'll likely be IR'd to give him a full year to come back from his ACL surgery, and then I remembered that this was the Bears we were talking about.  They'd have about as much use for a 6'3 QB who can move around in the pocket as they would for a left fielder or a sous chef. 

I concur on Ainge and Woodson.  Blecch.  Brohm was the only QB they had a chance to pass on who interested me, and if only so I could write "tissue issue" for a couple of years before he died on the field.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: Andy on April 27, 2008, 02:45:59 PM
I concur on Ainge and Woodson.  Blecch.  Brohm was the only QB they had a chance to pass on who interested me, and if only so I could write "tissue issue" for a couple of years before he died on the field.

The Giants just picked Woodson. That gives them two guys from Kentucky that play quarterback and weigh about 850 pounds combined, correct?
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 03:30:48 PM

The Giants just picked Woodson. That gives them two guys from Kentucky that play quarterback and weigh about 850 pounds combined, correct?

Intrepid Reader: Fork-u-dome

Incidentally that's also the combined weight of the Super Bowl hardware they've accumulated since your Beloved last paraded down Mich. Ave.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Well, the only two guys left at QB that the Bears should even consider drafting are Matt Flynn from LSU and Keller from Nebraska.

I hope the guy from Army they've been featuring gets drafted by some team...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 03:30:48 PM

Woodson's not fat.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
A defensive end, Ervin Baldwin, from Michigan State taken with pick 208...

Good job Jerry! The Bears HAVE defensive ends!

The Packers pick Flynn with the 209th pick.

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or punch someone in the face with how this draft has gone today for the Bears. Bennett, Steltz and Bowman made sense but Harrison and the two Michigan State guys haven't... No offensive lineman/linemen and no quarterback?

Ogden

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 03:55:37 PM

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or punch someone in the face with how this draft has gone today for the Bears. Bennett, Steltz and Bowman made sense but Harrison and the two Michigan State guys haven't... No offensive lineman/linemen and no quarterback?

I don't know if you've heard, but the Bears drafted some guy named Williams.  I hear he plays left tackle.  Anyone know if this is true?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: Ogden on April 27, 2008, 04:07:35 PM

I don't know if you've heard, but the Bears drafted some guy named Williams.  I hear he plays left tackle.  Anyone know if this is true?

I said I was disappointed in the drafting done TODAY... I actually was fine with the picks yesterday.

Neifilicious

So...Uh...Who's gonna play Left Guard, again?  The corner we just drafted?  God knows there's no room for a corner on the depth chart.  We must have drafted a dozen corners over the past 3 years.  Maybe JA did that one just to make BC shut up or something.

Corner : Jerry Angelo = Second Base: Jim Hendry

Right now our Left Guard is Terrence Metcalf (worst Bears Guard in a long time) or Josh Beekman (couldn't get into a game even with Metcalf playing).  What happens if Garza gets injured?  Whoever steps in for him is going to make him look like Faneca.  That's an issue here, too.  Roy Schuening fell about two rounds further than expected and we ignored him.  I have no problem with JA taking DTs until Tommie Harris and Dusty Dvoracek stop falling apart, but we can't be drafting cornerbacks and safeties before the seventh when Terrence Metcalf is a starter at Guard.

Guess we re-sign Ruben Brown tomorrow.

At least I got my comedy for the week reading Maryhotty's love letter to Mendenhall.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
Welcome to the Terrence Metcalf/John St. Clair era!

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: I like Jubblies on April 27, 2008, 04:12:50 PM
So...Uh...Who's gonna play Left Guard, again?  The corner we just drafted?  God knows there's no room for a corner on the depth chart.  We must have drafted a dozen corners over the past 3 years.  Maybe JA did that one just to make BC shut up or something.

If Angelo had picked a guard instead of either the defensive tackle the team didn't need all that much or the defensive end the team didn't need at all, this day would've actually been all right except for the ignoring of the quarterback position. But ignoring the offensive line AND quarterback is just painful...

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
Maybe the Baldwin pick was done to give Dan Bazuin some competition in camp.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Ogden on April 27, 2008, 04:07:35 PM

Don't get punched in the face, Ogden. BC is angry! Or sad. Or amused. He's a loose cannon. And he might punch you in the face, Ogden.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Finally, an offensive lineman!

Happy to see the Army guy get picked...