News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Why are the Bears drafting this douche thread. 4/26-27 2008.  ( 38,761 )

Ogden

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
So I guess all Angelo has to do now to make BC happy is draft Anthony Morelli.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: Ogden on April 27, 2008, 04:32:38 PM
So I guess all Angelo has to do now to make BC happy is draft Anthony Morelli.

No, he completed his duty to piss me off a couple hours ago.

The only QB left worth taking a chance on, in my opinion, is Keller from Nebraska. Flynn was the other guy worth taking a shot at, but the Packers drafted him.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
This Army guy obviously hates America, or love terrorists, because he sure seems excited about playing a game instead of fighting for our freedom. Way to let Osama off the hook guy.

Neifilicious

Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 04:26:27 PM
Finally, an offensive lineman!

Happy to see the Army guy get picked...
Just read the scouting report on him.

Chester Adams, RT, Georgia
Developmental prospect.  If a team loves him, cherishes him, shows him affection, cleans his litter box, scratches behind his ears, and teaches him how to play football, may grow up to be a mediocre Right Guard in a few years.

Kinda sounds like that Tackle we drafted in the seventh last year from Northeast Des Moine Community College or whatever. I'm kind of concerned about what happens between now and the time this guy learns how to play football, though.

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
Quote from: Andy on April 27, 2008, 02:45:59 PM
I wanted the Bears to draft Dixon, even though he'll likely be IR'd to give him a full year to come back from his ACL surgery, and then I remembered that this was the Bears we were talking about.  They'd have about as much use for a 6'3 QB who can move around in the pocket as they would for a left fielder or a sous chef. 

I concur on Ainge and Woodson.  Blecch.  Brohm was the only QB they had a chance to pass on who interested me, and if only so I could write "tissue issue" for a couple of years before he died on the field.

I'm not saying Brohm isn't prone to injury, but his only real injuries were blowing out a knee (ACL I believe) and breaking his hand (only out a month).  In high school, he was pretty durable...  I remember you saying he had major injuries all three of his years starting in college, but honestly, I can't remember more than that.  Correct me if I'm wrong... 

He also comes from a family of quarterbacks with some NFL experience... so more than likely, he will know what to expect and the learning curve won't be that high.  He will be interesting to watch...  although, he came from my high school's biggest rival...  It was an all boys Catholic high school... so we know he's pretty durable at fighting off priests in the pocket. 

Ogden

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Quote from: powen01 on April 27, 2008, 04:44:41 PM
I wanted the Bears to draft Dixon, even though he'll likely be IR'd to give him a full year to come back from his ACL surgery, and then I remembered that this was the Bears we were talking about.  They'd have about as much use for a 6'3 QB who can move around in the pocket as they would for a left fielder or a sous chef. 

I concur on Ainge and Woodson.  Blecch.  Brohm was the only QB they had a chance to pass on who interested me, and if only so I could write "tissue issue" for a couple of years before he died on the field.

I'm not saying Brohm isn't prone to injury, but his only real injuries were blowing out a knee (ACL I believe) and breaking his hand (only out a month).  In high school, he was pretty durable...  I remember you saying he had major injuries all three of his years starting in college, but honestly, I can't remember more than that.  Correct me if I'm wrong... 

He also comes from a family of quarterbacks with some NFL experience... so more than likely, he will know what to expect and the learning curve won't be that high.  He will be interesting to watch...  although, he came from my high school's biggest rival...  It was an all boys Catholic high school... so we know he's pretty durable at fighting off priests in the pocket. 

Maybe we should look into Cooper Manning.  He's 34 and has spinal stenosis, but his dad was in the NFL and both of his brothers won the Super Bowl.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Ogden on April 27, 2008, 04:50:46 PM

Maybe we should look into Cooper Manning.  He's 34 and has spinal stenosis, but his dad was in the NFL and both of his brothers won the Super Bowl.

You jest, but I'd hand him the starting job right now if he could get a quack to clear him.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
The brother of my brother's best friend got drafted by the Jets in the first round.

Sorry, dude.

Yah mo B there!

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: KD on April 27, 2008, 05:43:11 PM
The brother of my brother's best friend got drafted by the Jets in the first round.

Sorry, dude.

The brother of your brother's best friend is black?  Or was it the other guy?
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Boiler TE Dustin Keller? How many brothers of NFL TE's can we associate ourselves with? I say there's no limit to what we can accomplish together.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: ~Apex on April 27, 2008, 06:15:55 PM
Boiler TE Dustin Keller? How many brothers of NFL TE's can we associate ourselves with? I say there's no limit to what we can accomplish together.

Since you brought it up, the Browns traded up to get a TE. It was Rucker from Mizzou, who may or may not be good but either way that just about spells curtains for any roster spot for young Slak.

BTW, in case it isn't painfully clear: BC RUINS SPORTS.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: powen01 on April 27, 2008, 04:44:41 PM

I believe in three years Brohm tore his ACL, tore a ligament in this thumb and tore a ligament in his ankle.  Otherwise, he was the picture of health.

He'll be doing towel drills in the Packers bullpen for the next three years.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club

Mark Gastineau?

Dude, really?

Mark Gastineau?
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
I thought it was a solid draft for the Bears. Filled a need at left tackle and got a RB to push Benson for the starting job. As far a picking a QB, outside of Matt Ryan it wasn't an impressive field for QBs. Brohm gets hurt too much and Henne and Ainge both suck.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Harrison will be the key to the draft for the Bears. He's a lot better on the field than his draft position indicates.

It's just a matter of what he does off the field.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.