News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Why are the Bears drafting this douche thread. 4/26-27 2008.  ( 38,760 )

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: PTanner on April 28, 2008, 07:17:06 AM
Harrison will be the key to the draft for the Bears. He's a lot better on the field than his draft position indicates.

It's just a matter of what he does off the field.

Harrison's insane.  The Bears got another Tank.  He can play, though.  Like Tank. 

The key to the draft is Marcus Monk.  Why?  He's good.  More importantly, my dad coached him at East Poinsett County High School.  Word. 

I think Chicago had a pretty good draft. 
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 10:44:02 AM

You draft depth late when you have more than one problem area that needs to be solved. Holes have to be filled through the Draft in this era if the team isn't going to spend money for good free agents, which the Bears are notorious for not spending big free agent money. The Bears still have big problems on the offensive line, quarterback and defensive secondary. I don't think JUST the Williams pick is going to solve the O-Line. I actually think the Bears need to draft another WR as well, but that point is arguable.

Even with his illustrious career of horrible sentence structure and incomprehensible thoughts, that one is a BC Hall-of-famer.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Shooter on April 28, 2008, 08:02:16 AM

You draft depth late when you have more than one problem area that needs to be solved. Holes have to be filled through the Draft in this era if the team isn't going to spend money for good free agents, which the Bears are notorious for not spending big free agent money. The Bears still have big problems on the offensive line, quarterback and defensive secondary. I don't think JUST the Williams pick is going to solve the O-Line. I actually think the Bears need to draft another WR as well, but that point is arguable.

Even with his illustrious career of horrible sentence structure and incomprehensible thoughts, that one is a BC Hall-of-famer.

Geez, I thought Casey Stengel was dead.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
Quote from: Three times a JD on April 28, 2008, 07:33:25 AM
Harrison will be the key to the draft for the Bears. He's a lot better on the field than his draft position indicates.

Harrison's insane.  The Bears got another Tank.  He can play, though.  Like Tank. 

The key to the draft is Marcus Monk.  Why?  He's good.  More importantly, my dad coached him at East Poinsett County High School.  Word. 

I like Monk.  He had some great years for Arkansas with some really sh1tty QBs throwing him the ball.  The best QB he had there was when McFadden lined up as a QB on some plays.  He will feel at home in Chicago in that sense.  I was really surprised to see him fall this far and he might just be the sleeper of the draft.        

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Shooter on April 28, 2008, 08:02:16 AM

Kudos for reading through that and not having a hemorrhage.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: air2300 on April 28, 2008, 08:15:50 AM
Quote from: Three times a JD on April 28, 2008, 07:33:25 AM

I like Monk.  He had some great years for Arkansas with some really sh1tty QBs throwing him the ball.  The best QB he had there was when McFadden lined up as a QB on some plays.  He will feel at home in Chicago in that sense.  I was really surprised to see him fall this far and he might just be the sleeper of the draft.       

He had that knee injury this year and I think that really hurt him.  He should have redshirted, but he felt some obligation to the team to try and come back because they had no other decent reciever.  It also hurts that he's had such crappy college coaching that it's going to take a lot of coaching to catch him up to the rest of the recievers.  Seriously, Arkansas has 3 routes---run as fast as you can straight down the field; run to some open space, stop, and turn around; and, run across the field in front of the qb when he's on a bootleg or something.  There hasn't been a post pattern at Arkansas since the 2000 Cotton Bowl.  He's a good guy, though, and he'll work hard.  Plus, he's tall and can jump.  He should at least make a pretty good endzone target.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 12:59:28 PM
The Bears pick a corner, Zack Bowman, from Nebraska in the fifth round... I liked him as possibly a seventh-round sort of guy, although some draft guys had him going in the fifth or sixth rounds.

You honestly believe that you know enough about these players to distinguish between the 150th best and the 175th best and the 200th best?

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
He couldn't pick Zack Bowman out of a police lineup.  Which, incidentally is where Nebraska used to find guys like Bowman.

Al Yellon

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Shooter on April 28, 2008, 08:31:26 AM
Quote from: BC on April 27, 2008, 12:59:28 PM
The Bears pick a corner, Zack Bowman, from Nebraska in the fifth round... I liked him as possibly a seventh-round sort of guy, although some draft guys had him going in the fifth or sixth rounds.

You honestly believe that you know enough about these players to distinguish between the 150th best and the 175th best and the 200th best?

I was looking to say something along those lines, but you beat me to it. You're a first-round pick in my book, Shooter. BC's a non-roster invitee or whatever they call it in football.

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club
Earl Bennett and Marcus Monk could both start from Day 1, and be better than last year's starters.  Neither is a deep threat like Berrian, but both have the ability to be more consistent and occasionally stretch a defense vertically.  Besides, you'd hope that someone between Davis, Bradley and Hester could become a 3rd WR/deep threat.  Marcus Monk made Matt Jones look like a viable QB.  If he didn't have the injury concerns, he'd have gone in the 2nd or 3rd round.  He could have a Colston type impact, and now Rex Orton has three legitimate red zone targets in Olsen, Monk and Bennett.  

I'm surprised that Ali Highsmith wasn't drafted.  He ran a terrible 40, but he was hurt at the combine and still ran.  Maybe it's because he's stupid, he didn't qualify academically at Miami, but he made plays at LSU and stayed out of trouble.  He could make a pretty decent weakside LB in a Cover 2.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Andy on April 28, 2008, 08:33:53 AM
He couldn't pick Zack Bowman out of a police lineup.  Which, incidentally is where Nebraska used to find guys like Bowman.

Now that Tom Osbourne is back in the fold at Nebraska, their coaches have resumed going to the prisons and police stations for recruitng.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 28, 2008, 08:41:13 AM

Now that Tom Osbourne is back in the fold at Nebraska, their coaches have resumed going to the prisons and police stations for recruitng.

So when does Wesley Snipes suit up?
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: PTanner on April 28, 2008, 09:07:59 AM
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 28, 2008, 08:41:13 AM

So when does Wesley Snipes suit up?

Since he runs like Hayes, probably this season.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
They Bears have gone the last 3 drafts without taking a QB in any round, right?  And save for half of one year, they've had shitty QB play since BC first started sleeping through English class.  Next year's QB draft is already thin.  They keep setting their progress back because they aren't trying to stabilize the most important position on the field.  No, you don't need a HOF to win the Super Bol, but you can't do it with a bad QB.  An average QB who doesn't make retarded mistakes is enough.

Let's face it....the D isn't getting younger.  And they aren't nearly as good as they were in the Super Bowl.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I think the defense will be much better than last year, the offense won't be worse.

So here we come 9-7!  Yay?

The time to do something bold has passed, now they're just too good not to get a good draft pick and too bad to contend for anything of substance. 

Guh.  Welcome (back) to hell.