News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Starlin Castro Farewell Tour?  ( 16,454 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Starlin Castro Farewell Tour?
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2015, 10:53:23 PM »
FYC
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2015, 03:17:51 PM »
Get fucked, Chuck.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2015, 03:46:30 PM »
Twice is nice to get fucked, Chuck.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2015, 03:46:42 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 18, 2015, 03:17:51 PM
Get fucked, Chuck.

Get fucked, Chuck 2: Electric Cardinal Killing Boogaloo.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »
We were wrong, Starlin. We were so wrong. Thanks for coming back. We missed you.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2015, 03:47:08 PM »
Well, Starlin's getting drilled tomorrow.

Suck on that, St. Louis.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2015, 03:47:39 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on September 18, 2015, 03:46:30 PM

Dude, they're winning, are you lost?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2015, 03:50:59 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on September 18, 2015, 03:47:39 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on September 18, 2015, 03:46:30 PM

Dude, they're winning, are you lost?

I've been trolling butthurt Pirates fans bitching about Coughlin's "dirty" slide and got bored, so I thought I'd come see what it's like to partake in joyful positive.

I have to admit, I kinda like it.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2015, 03:52:06 PM »

watching the st. louis broadcast. "pitchers might take exception to the way he hung around the batter's box last time up...what about this pitcher"
Next pitch goes into the bleachers.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2015, 03:53:03 PM »
I got a little misty hearing Pat say the crowd gave Starlin a curtain call. I'm a dope. Oh well.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2015, 03:58:00 PM »
Quote from: SKO on September 18, 2015, 03:53:03 PM
I got a little misty hearing Pat say the crowd gave Starlin a curtain call. I'm a dope. Oh well.

Got a bit dusty in my office watching it.  Really glad to see Starlin get hot. 
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2015, 04:01:03 PM »

I'll always raise a glass to Starlin Castro.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2015, 04:31:40 PM »
I pull for Starlin and when I'm critical of him these days it's in the context of not trusting him out in the field late in games, which I feel is valid. I just feel like he's twice as likely to brain-fart in a critical spot late in a game than anyone else and I don't want to see that as much for the team as for Castro himself.

That said I fully expect that 1) he will have some big hits throughout the rest of the year and 2) he will still be gone when the season begins in 2016.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2015, 05:46:40 PM »
I might be in the minority, but I really hope he remains a Cub. Not only because he's capable of being an incredible hitter, but, actaully, because of how he has handled his benching. Most players with his service time, coupled with his big contract would really pout over such a tremendous change. Starlin has only ever demonstrated joy -- you can tell he's thrilled to be in the playoff hunt, in any capacity. If it's not too late to improve his defense, then there must be a place for him, particularly if Baez ends up at third base and Bryant moves to the outfield.
M'lady.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2015, 06:46:35 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on September 18, 2015, 05:46:40 PM
I might be in the minority, but I really hope he remains a Cub. Not only because he's capable of being an incredible hitter, but, actaully, because of how he has handled his benching. Most players with his service time, coupled with his big contract would really pout over such a tremendous change. Starlin has only ever demonstrated joy -- you can tell he's thrilled to be in the playoff hunt, in any capacity. If it's not too late to improve his defense, then there must be a place for him, particularly if Baez ends up at third base and Bryant moves to the outfield.

I've actually been of the opinion that his defense has improved and it's really not bad.  He gets to most balls, has a good arm, and is capable of making a great play.  But he's also the same guy who has had several mental and physical lapses at the wrong time. I know it seems harsh--and maybe not entirely fair-- but  I think Castro's biggest issue is between the ears, and I don't know how much--if any--of that can be fixed.

I will give him credit for not sulking and having a great attitude but I also think Maddon deserves some credit on how he handled the whole situation.

At this point, though, I'm just enjoying his offensive resurgence and am happy for him that he will get some opportunity to contribute down the stretch.  I didn't think that was possible a month ago.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs