News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: John Lackey's Blazing Horse House Inferno  ( 42,090 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: John Lackey's Blazing Horse House Inferno
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2016, 10:40:04 AM »
So again, Chuck's favorite moment for one of the best pitchers in franchise history was when he threw a shitfit during a game where he gave up five runs (and the Cubs lost) and went and deliberately injured the team's above average catcher, because Chuck hated said above average catcher for a passed ball or something.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2016, 10:44:41 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 13, 2016, 10:40:04 AM
So again, Chuck's favorite moment for one of the best pitchers in franchise history was when he threw a shitfit during a game where he gave up five runs (and the Cubs lost) and went and deliberately injured the team's above average catcher, because Chuck hated said above average catcher for a passed ball or something.

Barrett smashed Sosa's boombox. He was probably not entirely not racist.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2016, 10:46:19 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 13, 2016, 10:44:41 AM

I thought Kerry smashed the boombox, and we were all fine with that when it was him, supposedly.

Again, I'm not saying Barrett isn't a redass, but for fuck's sake, this is some of the Chuckiest Chuck that ever Chucked.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2016, 11:38:42 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 13, 2016, 10:46:19 AM

I thought Kerry smashed the boombox, and we were all fine with that when it was him, supposedly.

Again, I'm not saying Barrett isn't a redass, but for fuck's sake, this is some of the Chuckiest Chuck that ever Chucked.

I also thought Kerry smashed the boombox.  It's one of the many, many reasons I love Kerry more than I love my own children.  Don't take that away from me.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2016, 11:39:16 AM »

He's also responsible for the last unassisted putout of a runner stealing second by a catcher that I can remember.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2016, 11:47:25 AM »
Quote from: CT III on May 13, 2016, 11:39:16 AM

He's also responsible for the last unassisted putout of a runner stealing second by a catcher that I can remember.

I don't remember this, and am at a loss to explain how it might happen.  Don't be a tease, CT.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2016, 12:38:35 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 13, 2016, 11:47:25 AM
Quote from: CT III on May 13, 2016, 11:39:16 AM

I don't remember this, and am at a loss to explain how it might happen.  Don't be a tease, CT.

Coy motherfucker.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2016, 12:45:45 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 13, 2016, 10:31:50 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 13, 2016, 09:25:53 AM
Quote from: Oleg on May 13, 2016, 09:18:54 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 13, 2016, 08:50:11 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 13, 2016, 08:43:34 AM
Quote from: Eli on May 13, 2016, 08:37:26 AM
It's way too early to try and wrap my head around how Chuck argues on the Internet.

If the discussion is "Was Michael Barrett awful or was he serviceable" I think it's best if everyone just logs off. He obviously wasn't awful.

Zambrano disagreed.  Possibly my favorite thing Z ever did was beat the shit out of Barrett.

Of course it was.

I can think of at least one game winning hit he had while he was here but, hey, I don't really expect you to actually like The Cubs.

Yeah that time Zambrano threw a no hitter? Fuck that. The time he homered from both sides of the plate in the same game? Who cares. That time he punched a teammate? Oh yeah, that's where it is.

Lots of Cubs have thrown no hitters. Lots of Cubs pitchers have homered.  Only one time ever has anyone decked Michael Barrett in the dugout and the clubhouse.

I embrace the uniqueness.
Put this on Facebook so I can "like" it.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2016, 01:11:27 PM »
Nobody said Kerry smashed the boombox. That was counter to everything ever written on the subject.

Woj, who claims to have been in the room, wrote in his book on the 2004 Cubs that it was "a position player." So you guys are definitely wrong.

Paul Sullivan told me that Kerry and Sammy were friends and that Kerry wouldn't do that. The scuttlebutt he heard was that it was Barrett, which checks out given everything we know about him.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2016, 01:18:14 PM »
It's way too early to try and wrap my head around how Chuck argues on the Internet.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2016, 01:20:43 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 13, 2016, 01:11:27 PM
Nobody said Kerry smashed the boombox. That was counter to everything ever written on the subject.

Woj, who claims to have been in the room, wrote in his book on the 2004 Cubs that it was "a position player." So you guys are definitely wrong.

Paul Sullivan told me that Kerry and Sammy were friends and that Kerry wouldn't do that. The scuttlebutt he heard was that it was Barrett, which checks out given everything we know about him.

Wow... then why did everyone, myself included, think it was Kerry? This changes things.

Also, this discussion makes me miss Zambrano.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2016, 02:02:41 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 13, 2016, 01:18:14 PM

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2016, 02:08:58 PM »

Kap told me it was Wood.  Kap isn't always right.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2016, 02:10:18 PM »
Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2016, 01:20:43 PM

Wow... then why did everyone, myself included, think it was Kerry? This changes things.

Also, this discussion makes me miss Zambrano.

I think people wanted it to be Kerry because he was everybody's favorite player and they fantasized about him being this big red ass that took no shit from anybody. I only ever saw him yell at umpires. He never struck me as a clubhouse lawyer so that was weird to me. Especially, since Woj explicitly wrote "position player." A couple years back we had this same fucking discussion so I "Ask(ed) Paul" in real life and that's what he told me. He thought it was Barrett and that Wood liked Sammy and would never do anything dumb and immature to a teammate like that. But Barrett sure as fuck would, wouldn't he?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2016, 02:10:51 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 13, 2016, 10:35:09 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 13, 2016, 10:31:50 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 13, 2016, 09:25:53 AM
Quote from: Oleg on May 13, 2016, 09:18:54 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 13, 2016, 08:50:11 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 13, 2016, 08:43:34 AM

If the discussion is "Was Michael Barrett awful or was he serviceable" I think it's best if everyone just logs off. He obviously wasn't awful.

Zambrano disagreed.  Possibly my favorite thing Z ever did was beat the shit out of Barrett.

Of course it was.

I can think of at least one game winning hit he had while he was here but, hey, I don't really expect you to actually like The Cubs.

Yeah that time Zambrano threw a no hitter? Fuck that. The time he homered from both sides of the plate in the same game? Who cares. That time he punched a teammate? Oh yeah, that's where it is.

Lots of Cubs have thrown no hitters. Lots of Cubs pitchers have homered.  Only one time ever has anyone decked Michael Barrett in the dugout and the clubhouse.

I embrace the uniqueness.

Exactly TWO Cubs pitchers have thrown no-hitters in your conscious lifetime, assuming you're too young to recall Pappas' or Burt Hooton's.

Stop being such an irrepressible tool please.

Five. For a total of 6 games.

And... nah.