News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion  ( 57,327 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion
« Reply #285 on: November 11, 2014, 05:57:18 PM »
Jake Uttler knows how to fix the team.

CHICAGO—Following the team's blowout 55-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers Sunday night, Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler told reporters Tuesday that he would be the first person to admit the team is in dire need of a new punter. "It's certainly not an easy thing to say, but at the end of the day, someone has to step up and accept that mistakes were made by our punter, Pat O'Donnell," said Cutler, who pointed to O'Donnell's blocked punt in the third quarter as playing a major role in the team's unraveling and conceded that blame for the team's loss rested squarely on the rookie punter. "Going forward, there will have to be some serious adjustments made to our punt unit—when individual players aren't doing their part out there, we're going to fall short as a team. Pat didn't play well, and he needs to accept responsibility for that." Cutler went on to acknowledge that Bears long snapper Jeremy Cain will also need to step up his performance significantly before next week's game against the Vikings if the team is to have any chance of turning its season around.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/jay-cutler-ill-be-the-first-person-to-admit-we-nee,37422/

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2014, 10:13:48 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 10, 2014, 08:47:46 AM
This Bears team is so bad that even Hub Arkush overestimated their competence.

Slaky, after the shitshows put on display by Mike Olt and the Bears I'd kindly request that you stop posting negative predictions related to Chicago sports teams.

Did I say they would suck?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2014, 10:18:09 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on November 12, 2014, 10:13:48 AM
Quote from: R-V on November 10, 2014, 08:47:46 AM
This Bears team is so bad that even Hub Arkush overestimated their competence.

Slaky, after the shitshows put on display by Mike Olt and the Bears I'd kindly request that you stop posting negative predictions related to Chicago sports teams.

Did I say they would suck?

I think you said they'd suck Last year. Then I think like the rest of us you kinda got suckered on the "hey the offense was great last year and the defense can't be THAT bad again" train for this year.

What damn fools we were.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: November 12, 2014, 10:19:07 AM »
So, to bring this back around to where it started, are we guessing the pick will be top 10? Top 5? As of right now, they are #9. And with only one or two years of Cutler left, do they go QB?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: November 12, 2014, 10:28:52 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 12, 2014, 10:19:07 AM
So, to bring this back around to where it started, are we guessing the pick will be top 10? Top 5? As of right now, they are #9. And with only one or two years of Cutler left, do they go QB?

Punter.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: November 12, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »

I think they'll be top 7 and should go for the best player available. I don't have much faith in their ability to correctly identify that player and have grown tired of the subject.

*drinks*
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: November 12, 2014, 05:17:32 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on November 12, 2014, 12:33:14 PM

I think they'll be top 7 and should go for the best player available. I don't have much faith in their ability to correctly identify that player and have grown tired of the subject.

*drinks*

They should trade the pick to the Cubs for Kyle Schwarber, plug him in at linebacker, and pop the champagne.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: November 13, 2014, 10:46:35 AM »

*drinks*

Barring a complete overhaul of GM and Coach, which seems really unlikely, I don't see anyway they'll draft a QB in the first round. 

Cutler isn't the kind of QB you have a young guy sit and learn from, and his contract is too big right now to let him walk.

There's one more year of this for sure. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: November 13, 2014, 10:52:05 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 13, 2014, 10:46:35 AM

*drinks*

Barring a complete overhaul of GM and Coach, which seems really unlikely, I don't see anyway they'll draft a QB in the first round. 

Cutler isn't the kind of QB you have a young guy sit and learn from, and his contract is too big right now to let him walk.

Also I really don't want any of the QBs in this first round. Let em suck for one more year and start your rebuild with a clean slate/cap.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: November 13, 2014, 10:58:17 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 13, 2014, 10:52:05 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on November 13, 2014, 10:46:35 AM

*drinks*

Also I really don't want any of the QBs in this first round. Let em suck for one more year and start your rebuild with a clean slate/cap.

Would Bears' management me interested in a rebuild, or will they view this season as an aberration and try adding pieces?

Mind you, not what any of us would think, just what Bears' management would think.

Also, starting a rebuild with a QB is probably not the best way to go. I'd think start on the line of scrimmage and work outward.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2014, 11:11:30 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 13, 2014, 10:58:17 AM
Also, starting a rebuild with a QB is probably not the best way to go. I'd think start on the line of scrimmage and work outward.

Better protection = more time to set up the play action.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: November 13, 2014, 11:42:35 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 13, 2014, 11:11:30 AM

Seriously though...if there was a QB the Bears wanted to build around, at least he could learn the ropes while Cutler runs out his contract - if Peyton Manning had come out as a junior he'd have gotten picked by the Jets and would hold a clipboard while Testaverde was getting slaughtered. But as the Beltless Wonder stated above, there's really not one the Bears should take with their pick.
TIME TO POST!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2014, 12:38:52 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 13, 2014, 11:42:35 AM

Seriously though...if there was a QB the Bears wanted to build around, at least he could learn the ropes while Cutler runs out his contract - if Peyton Manning had come out as a junior he'd have gotten picked by the Jets and would hold a clipboard while Testaverde was getting slaughtered. But as the Beltless Wonder stated above, there's really not one the Bears should take with their pick.

It all depends on Wes Lunt - if he declares for the draft after his junior year, then you'd want to do whatever it takes to get him in the 2016 draft.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2014, 01:04:16 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 13, 2014, 12:38:52 PM
Quote from: Fork on November 13, 2014, 11:42:35 AM

It all depends on Wes Lunt - if he declares for the draft after his junior year, then you'd want to do whatever it takes to get him in the 2016 draft.

Oh, god. Please don't give RocketsNation another reason to be insufferable

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2014, 04:26:26 PM »
Notwithstanding that this thread is about the draft, in my opinion what we are seeing is not a personnel issue but an attitude issue.  No one could watch Sunday night's game without concluding that this is a group that simply quit on its coach, or on each other.  Come to think about it, I guess that is a personnel issue.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)