News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 110,441 )

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »
I'm pumped about the Living Rosters.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2009, 11:14:25 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 22, 2009, 06:21:09 PM
Quote from: 5laky on January 22, 2009, 06:06:41 PM
The way NBA 2k has integrated NBA.com in their Association (franchise) mode is really cool, actually. I think that will be fun.

Of course I'm still a long shot to even buy this game.

Does NBA 2k reflect trades and that sort of thing in franchise mode?  Or just player stats?

Does the game have trades? Is that what you're asking? I don't get the question.

Is there a giant mirror to reflect them?

Speak up son!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2009, 11:22:53 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on January 22, 2009, 11:14:25 PM
The way NBA 2k has integrated NBA.com in their Association (franchise) mode is really cool, actually. I think that will be fun.

Does NBA 2k reflect trades and that sort of thing in franchise mode?  Or just player stats?

Does the game have trades? Is that what you're asking? I don't get the question.

Speak up son!

Sorry.  I meant in the franchise mode, will the rosters update trades for other teams?  Or are stats the only thing that get updated while you're playing a franchise?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2009, 07:21:48 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 22, 2009, 11:22:53 PM

Speak up son!

Sorry.  I meant in the franchise mode, will the rosters update trades for other teams?  Or are stats the only thing that get updated while you're playing a franchise?

I'd think that once you started your own franchise mode, then the results of the franchise are independent of what's happening in real life. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2009, 07:28:11 AM »
Quote from: JD on January 23, 2009, 07:21:48 AM

Speak up son!

I'd think that once you started your own franchise mode, then the results of the franchise are independent of what's happening in real life. 

JD is correct. Franchise world has nothing to do with living rosters. Those are for online play and exhibition and what not.

The NBA.com thing is what the franchise runs off of. So the front page looks like a website with headlines from around the league and it's actually really cool. It has game headlines, power rankings, trade rumors, contract buzz, etc. It's a neat feature.

Also, NBA 2k has whole statistic section that's based on metric stats, aka: all the weird, cool statfaggoty stats.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2009, 07:32:18 AM »

Speak up son!

This is the way it should be. If the rosters were to reflect actual happenings of the real season, then I *would* want to be on the same day on my season as they are in real life. As it panned out last year, I was at the All-Star break in May, so I would have been a little aggravated if it decided to "update" and change my roster I had already worked at fine tuning.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2009, 08:17:44 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on January 23, 2009, 07:32:18 AM

Speak up son!

This is the way it should be. If the rosters were to reflect actual happenings of the real season, then I *would* want to be on the same day on my season as they are in real life. As it panned out last year, I was at the All-Star break in May, so I would have been a little aggravated if it decided to "update" and change my roster I had already worked at fine tuning.

I'm so ready for a baseball game that I'm thinking of rebuying MLB 2K8 and starting a Fantasy Franchise.  I bet 2K8 can be had on the real cheap.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2009, 12:19:24 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 23, 2009, 08:17:44 AM

Speak up son!

I'm so ready for a baseball game that I'm thinking of rebuying MLB 2K8 and starting a Fantasy Franchise.  I bet 2K8 can be had on the real cheap.

Don't do it.  I threw it in last night, thinking the same thing, and it's still pretty disappointing.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2009, 07:33:49 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 23, 2009, 12:19:24 PM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 23, 2009, 08:17:44 AM

Speak up son!

Don't do it.  I threw it in last night, thinking the same thing, and it's still pretty disappointing.

Thank heavens you saved me from botching $14.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2009, 07:31:58 AM »
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/majorleaguebaseball2k9/news.html?sid=6203711&tag=topslot;title;4

An exclusive preview from GameSpot.

Real-time cutaways are nice, but it's the nuts and bolts of pitching, batting, and fielding that will make the difference with MLB 2K9. We sampled all three, and while fielding remains virtually unchanged, the pitching and batting controls have received some subtle tweaks that improve both. The focus is still on the right stick, with each pitch in your pitcher's arsenal having a unique pattern to follow. Unlike in MLB 2K8, however, the timing is much easier. Last year's game featured an expanding and contracting onscreen ring in the strike zone, which determined both the effectiveness and the timing of your pitch. In MLB 2K9, the contracting ring has been removed, effectively removing the "timing" aspect of pitching and thus the rash of meatballs you would unwittingly throw in last year's game. Producers told us that pitching is still a challenge, but the game will focus more on the accuracy of your right stick movement than the timing of your release.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2009, 09:57:11 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 27, 2009, 07:31:58 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/majorleaguebaseball2k9/news.html?sid=6203711&tag=topslot;title;4

An exclusive preview from GameSpot.

Real-time cutaways are nice, but it's the nuts and bolts of pitching, batting, and fielding that will make the difference with MLB 2K9. We sampled all three, and while fielding remains virtually unchanged, the pitching and batting controls have received some subtle tweaks that improve both. The focus is still on the right stick, with each pitch in your pitcher's arsenal having a unique pattern to follow. Unlike in MLB 2K8, however, the timing is much easier. Last year's game featured an expanding and contracting onscreen ring in the strike zone, which determined both the effectiveness and the timing of your pitch. In MLB 2K9, the contracting ring has been removed, effectively removing the "timing" aspect of pitching and thus the rash of meatballs you would unwittingly throw in last year's game. Producers told us that pitching is still a challenge, but the game will focus more on the accuracy of your right stick movement than the timing of your release.

Good find.  Thanks.
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2009, 10:10:32 AM »
I played the old one last night, mainly to simulate through the 30 games I had left and get the acheivements for playoffs, 105 wins, ROY, same hitting award, and WS title. I simmed the playoffs and I'm left with playing the Yankees in the WS and they took the first 3 games so I'm going to have to play it out.

One thing came to mind about what I'd like to see changed in this game:

Trades- More specifically big name trades. I know they had where you could turn off trades of high caliber players, but I think they ought to put a setting where the player can approve or deny trades like that. If a player like Pujols is getting pursued by NY, and they make a trade, I think I should have the ability to see if it makes sense. I think that's better than the all or nothing on high caliber trades. I know there could be manipulation, i.e. denying a rival a huge player, but by making all the trades to where they don't happen, it effectively does the same thing.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2009, 10:22:23 AM »
I'm a little bummed out by the first look.  It sounds like they dumbed down the hitting and the pitching for the people who bitched about it last year.  I thought the pitching was fantastic last year (other than the stupid meatballs).  If anything, I thought they should have made it harder.  And they removed the step influence from hitting?  Lame.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt, though, as GS doesn't know shit about sports games.  They suggest swinging when the ball crosses the MOUND.  Idiots.
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2009, 12:00:09 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 27, 2009, 10:22:23 AM
I'm a little bummed out by the first look.  It sounds like they dumbed down the hitting and the pitching for the people who bitched about it last year.  I thought the pitching was fantastic last year (other than the stupid meatballs).  If anything, I thought they should have made it harder.  And they removed the step influence from hitting?  Lame.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt, though, as GS doesn't know shit about sports games.  They suggest swinging when the ball crosses the MOUND.  Idiots.

I used to swing at the very beginning of the wind-up

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2009, 12:33:53 PM »
Wow, this game sounds beyond shitty.