News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica series  ( 42,024 )

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
Battlestar Galactica series
« on: February 11, 2005, 12:56:23 AM »
Anyone watched the new BSG series on the Sci-fi channel? I wish they would involve a little more action in the episodes, but overall it is a pretty well done series.

I do miss the old cyclons in their bright shiny armor and the red back and forth light in the visor. And their voices were cool. The new CGI ones are pretty lame.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Chuck

• Alumnus, Class of '85 - T.J. Brown's Powderpuff Posse
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Battlestar Galactica series
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 10:49:20 AM »
Not enough Six.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 11:02:17 AM »
LoL

Denny Crane

• Just a simple, 'Thank you, oh kind and benevolent leader' will suffice.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 01:49:05 PM »
I've been curious about it..But isn't Starbuck a chick?
My father, God rest his soul, told me the best sex he ever had was with one-legged women. Something about positional play. I don't know. I've always wondered.

Mike D.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 03:31:59 PM »
Sorry, but there's only ONE Battlestar Galactica, starring our favorite dog food pitchman.

BTW, the guy who's third from the right is the original Dick Hatch.

As refreshing as an advertising campaign that doesn't suck.

Denny Crane

• Just a simple, 'Thank you, oh kind and benevolent leader' will suffice.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 03:37:12 PM »
I thought that was Meathead?
My father, God rest his soul, told me the best sex he ever had was with one-legged women. Something about positional play. I don't know. I've always wondered.

MrSpeed

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 03:47:14 PM »
Quote from: Mike D. on February 11, 2005, 03:31:59 PM
Sorry, but there's only ONE Battlestar Galactica, starring our favorite dog food pitchman.

The guy on the end kind of looks like Brick Tamland,

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 03:51:44 PM »
Yeah Starbuck is a chick, who kind of has a thing going on with Apollo.

But I like Grace Park, who plays Boomer...

Rooster

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 06:05:46 PM »
Quote from: Mike D. on February 11, 2005, 03:31:59 PM

was there a substitute Dick Hatch?

HST

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 04:46:55 PM »
I must confess the new BG is one of my few must-see programs, but I've always been a sucker for good sci-fi. Olmos as Adama, the President and Gaius stand out. In terms of eye candy, Starbuck and Boomer don't do much for me. Starbuck, in particular, annoys me. I don't hate her because she's not man or because she's not Dirk Benedict. I hate her because she has a tenth of his charisma.

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 09:59:14 PM »
OMG what a shocker for the season finale. He can't be dead can he?

HST

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 08:06:18 AM »
That was a great season finale. I don't know that I've gasped out loud at a TV series in years. I think Adama could very well be dead, but it probably depends on real life stuff. I would think that the show might have revived Olmos' acting career a bit. Or Adama could just be laid up and out of the picture for the most part for a bunch of episodes like Swearingen on Deadwood so Olmos can do another project.

Anyway, check out a good interview with a couple BG writers with Tribune TV writer/blogger Maureen Ryan. You'll need to scroll down an item or two for the interview.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-tribtv,1,3096468.story?coll=chi-homepagenews2-utl

I keep forgetting that there are a lot of Deep Space Nine alums on BG. I caught a couple early DS9 episodes, but I've never been a Trekkie. They really beat Trek to death. Again. And again.

Anyway, here's the first couple questions, but it's an interesting and long interview.

Question: So, Commander Adama -- is he dead? Whatever updates you can give on his condition as Season 2 begins are much appreciated.

Weddle: I can't answer that. You saw where the bullets hit him. What do you think? Personally, I think it's going to be very touch and go. Let's hope he makes it.

Thompson: That would be kiss and tell, wouldn't it? As the second season begins, he's in exactly the same shape as he was after the bullets hit him. And we have to deal with that.

Question: Does Col. Tigh end up in charge of the military? If so, how much does his drinking increase as a result?

Weddle: Tigh's the XO. He would without question assume command of Galactica and therefore the military. How will he withstand the pressure? Will he be able to develop the diplomatic skills to deal with the civilian population? Will he be tempted to seek more solace from the bottle than usual or manage to control his addiction, and his ambitious wife? We will be exploring all of these questions in the new season.

Thompson: As XO, Tigh will have to step up while Adama's under the weather. It's a lot of pressure for someone who never aspired to command. He's spent a lot of his life medicating his problems away. Now he's going to be hit with a whole new level of problems: An incarcerated president, an unruly Quorum, and an overly ambitious wife. I'd say the sauce might seem pretty tempting, but who can say? Adama saw something in the man a long time ago, and perhaps that quality will come out.

Laura

• College of Coaches
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 03:38:43 AM »
Damn it, when does this start up again? 

I was the wrong age for the original series, which of course meant that I loved it.  Haven't watched it since.

I hear the new season starts off very ... darkly ... which rocks!  How could it not?  It's the most depressing potentially compelling storyline you could conjure up. 

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2005, 12:23:43 PM »
Don't forget, Galactica starts back up this Friday.

numbersman2

• Does your little dog bite?
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 06:59:57 PM »
Whats a Dick Hatch?
Go Away