News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009 College Football Thread  ( 116,756 )

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009 College Football Thread
« Reply #645 on: December 08, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
Hell, it's not like the QB on a two-win team can win the Heisman, or anything.

Oh, and Jimmy Clausen didn't get invited to the Heisman ceremony because he wasn't the best player on his team.  Why Golden Tate didn't get invited is another story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hornung

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #646 on: December 08, 2009, 01:35:59 PM »
Quote from: Andy on December 08, 2009, 01:21:00 PM

Oh, and Jimmy Clausen didn't get invited to the Heisman ceremony because he wasn't the best player on his team.  Why Golden Tate didn't get invited is another story.

He wasn't exactly just the QB that year.

In the 1956 season, he led his team offensively in passing, rushing, scoring, kickoff and punt returns, and punting. He also played defense and led his team in passes broken up and was a second in interceptions and tackles made.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #647 on: December 08, 2009, 01:53:45 PM »

Oh, and Jimmy Clausen didn't get invited to the Heisman ceremony because he wasn't the best player on his team.  Why Golden Tate didn't get invited is another story.

Clausen stacks up more favorably to the top QBs than Tate does to the top WRs.  If there had been a different WR invited, I'd make an argument.  But I think Clausen is going to be the first QB taken in the draft.  How is he not better than McCoy and Tebow?
Hire Jim Essian!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #648 on: December 08, 2009, 02:03:31 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 08, 2009, 01:53:45 PM

Clausen stacks up more favorably to the top QBs than Tate does to the top WRs.  If there had been a different WR invited, I'd make an argument.  But I think Clausen is going to be the first QB taken in the draft.  How is he not better than McCoy and Tebow?

Just because his draft value is high, doesn't mean he's the best college player, and that's what the HT is about, not who translates to the NFL and an NFL system the best. He's a fine player and will be the top QB selected, but as far as what's gone on in the 2009 college season, Tebow and McCoy deserve it.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #649 on: December 08, 2009, 02:05:30 PM »

Are we talking Heisman or are we talking about taken higher in the NFL Draft, because those are two very different things.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #650 on: December 08, 2009, 02:10:41 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 08, 2009, 02:05:30 PM

Are we talking Heisman or are we talking about taken higher in the NFL Draft, because those are two very different things.

I wasn't going to claim it, but since you called me out in the Boobtube, it's on.. FACE

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #651 on: December 08, 2009, 02:12:31 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 08, 2009, 02:10:41 PM

I wasn't going to claim it, but since you called me out in the Boobtube, it's on.. FACE

Well, you said in your post that McCoy and Tebow deserve the Heisman, which is definitely not what I'm saying.

So I'll give you a half-FACE.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #652 on: December 08, 2009, 02:19:41 PM »

I'm talking better quarterback, and Clausen is flat-out better than both McCoy and Tebow.  I cannot stand Clausen, but he did amazing things this year on a shitty team, with a shitty O-line, no running game, and a bad coach.  Clausen only threw 4 picks this year, 3 of which bounced off his receivers' hands before getting intercepted.  How would a 28-1 TD-INT ratio look?  Would THAT have been good enough?  The cocky little freak was nothing short of amazing this year and, yes, I think there's no doubt he's more deserving of a Heisman than both McCoy and Tebow.  Not the other three candidates, but certainly those two.

I guess it's a moot point, since I'm not actually arguing that Clausen should win it.  But he should at least be sitting at the ceremony instead of Tebow.  I hope that mongoloid cries again when he doesn't win it.
Hire Jim Essian!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #653 on: December 08, 2009, 02:24:22 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 08, 2009, 02:19:41 PM

I'm talking better quarterback, and Clausen is flat-out better than both McCoy and Tebow.  I cannot stand Clausen, but he did amazing things this year on a shitty team, with a shitty O-line, no running game, and a bad coach.  Clausen only threw 4 picks this year, 3 of which bounced off his receivers' hands before getting intercepted.  How would a 28-1 TD-INT ratio look?  Would THAT have been good enough?  The cocky little freak was nothing short of amazing this year and, yes, I think there's no doubt he's more deserving of a Heisman than both McCoy and Tebow.  Not the other three candidates, but certainly those two.

I guess it's a moot point, since I'm not actually arguing that Clausen should win it.  But he should at least be sitting at the ceremony instead of Tebow.  I hope that mongoloid cries again when he doesn't win it.

But seriously, he got punched in the face...by a fan of his own team.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #654 on: December 08, 2009, 02:26:06 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 08, 2009, 11:10:40 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 08, 2009, 10:52:28 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on December 08, 2009, 10:50:48 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 08, 2009, 10:23:07 AM
I know I'm one of about 3 people on here who don't hate the Irish, but how in the fuck did Clausen not merit an invite to the Heisman ceremony?

The QB from Houston Boise St. should receive an invite ahead of Claussen.

Best QB in NCAA'd

I agree, and I think both of them deserve invitations over Tebow and McCoy.  I'm not saying Jimmy should win it (I'm rooting for Suh), but it's probably going to go to a very undeserving McCoy, which sucks.  Both Tebow and McCoy looked very pedestrian against good defenses, and McCoy was about one second away from being the stupidest QB in college football history.  I hope Derek Jeter wins it.

THIS
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #655 on: December 08, 2009, 02:30:18 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 08, 2009, 02:24:22 PM

ND fans are total dicks.  Oh, well.  Enjoy your retarded 2009 Heisman winner.
Hire Jim Essian!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #656 on: December 08, 2009, 02:32:02 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 08, 2009, 02:30:18 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 08, 2009, 02:24:22 PM

ND fans are total dicks.  Oh, well.  Enjoy your retarded 2009 Heisman winner.

I think Ingram is going to win.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #657 on: December 08, 2009, 03:13:51 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on December 08, 2009, 02:03:31 PM

Just because his draft value is high, doesn't mean he's the best college player, and that's what the HT is about, not who translates to the NFL and an NFL system the best. He's a fine player and will be the top QB selected, but as far as what's gone on in the 2009 college season, Tebow and McCoy deserve it.

If this is really the case, then Ndamukong Suh should be running away and hiding with the Heisman vote.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #658 on: December 08, 2009, 03:30:15 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 08, 2009, 02:12:31 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 08, 2009, 02:10:41 PM

Well, you said in your post that McCoy and Tebow deserve the Heisman, which is definitely not what I'm saying.

So I'll give you a half-FACE.

I meant they would deserve it over Claussen. I'm on the Suh bandwagon.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #659 on: December 08, 2009, 03:30:57 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on December 08, 2009, 03:13:51 PM
Quote from: Yeti on December 08, 2009, 02:03:31 PM

If this is really the case, then Ndamukong Suh should be running away and hiding with the Heisman vote.

Yeah, that dude knocked the smirk clean off Colt McCoy's face on Saturday.  I'd give him the trophy just for that.