News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,177 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #1785 on: April 22, 2013, 09:46:43 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 22, 2013, 09:22:35 PM
Quote from: Fork on April 22, 2013, 07:23:06 PM
Quote from: CBStew on April 22, 2013, 05:54:12 PM
Quote from: Fork on April 22, 2013, 04:45:21 PM
Quote from: CBStew on April 22, 2013, 03:42:17 PM
What makes me sad is that the Cubs organization isn't even apologetic about the product that they have put on the field.  I feel sad for the ticket holders.  True, I am paying to go to three Cub games this year, but I can console myself with the fact that most of the money that I am spending will go to the A's.

Why feel sad for the ticket holders? The Cubs haven't sold tickets under any false pretenses. If you buy a ticket to see the 2013 Chicago Cubs with the expectation of seeing anything other than bad baseball being played by the home team, then you deserve to have a pigeon shit on your bologna sammich.
I am admitting that I feel sorry for folks who have a right to expect more.  (Not the corporations that buy tickets to give away or the guys who just come for the party.) Last year the Cubs lost 101 games.  In 1966 the Cubs lost 103 games.  In 1967 they won 87 games with a roster including Hundley, Banks, Beckert, Kessinger, Santo, Williams, Phillips, and Landrum,  and a pitching staff with Jenkins, Holtzman, Nye, Hartenstein, and Hands.  They had a decent manager too.

What gives them that right? You can't pay for chicken shit and then complain that it's not chicken salad.

I'm not complaining.

Also, Gil opts out of watching the Cubs in favor of the Sox?  Jesus, aren't they just as awful at baseball?  What point is *that* asshole trying to make?

Hawk is pretty funny these days.

But in all honesty, I've watched more A's and Nationals games than any other team.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1786 on: April 22, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 22, 2013, 09:46:43 PM

I know this thread is for admitting stuff that might be embarrassing, but... for fuck's sake, Gil.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1787 on: April 23, 2013, 02:15:24 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 22, 2013, 10:14:20 PM

I know this thread is for admitting stuff that might be embarrassing, but... for fuck's sake, Gil.

Seriously, this.  Hawk isn't, and never has been funny.  Unless you find, say, buttcancer funny.  Do you, Gil?  IS BUTTCANCER FUCKING FUNNY?

Also, I'd like to make it clear that I'm by no means despairing of Epstink, or of the long-term future of the Cubs.  But this is now the fifth straight year of futility and, honestly, I'm not going to pretend that I'm enjoying it.

It's like getting penis enlargement surgery - yeah, the end result is going to make you the envy of all your friends, but in the meantime it's fucking painful.  I imagine.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1788 on: April 23, 2013, 06:23:23 AM »

I'm willing to hear Gil out on this (and further derail PenFoe's Beloved Favorite Thread) in that when the Sox are playing badly and losing, Hawk's petty, petulant little bitch act--breathtaking in it's total regard to any professional standards of broadcasting--can be amusing to someone who revels in bad things happening to the Sox like I do.  I'm at a loss, however, to come up with any other reason as to how listening to him call a game could in any way be construed as enjoyable.   
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1789 on: April 23, 2013, 08:09:28 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 23, 2013, 06:23:23 AM

I'm willing to hear Gil out on this (and further derail PenFoe's Beloved Favorite Thread) in that when the Sox are playing badly and losing, Hawk's petty, petulant little bitch act--breathtaking in it's total regard to any professional standards of broadcasting--can be amusing to someone who revels in bad things happening to the Sox like I do.  I'm at a loss, however, to come up with any other reason as to how listening to him call a game could in any way be construed as enjoyable.   

This, plus his recent feuds with Boers and Bernstein have spilled into the booth.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1790 on: April 23, 2013, 08:15:23 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 23, 2013, 02:15:24 AM

Seriously, this.  Hawk isn't, and never has been funny.  Unless you find, say, buttcancer funny.  Do you, Gil?  IS BUTTCANCER FUCKING FUNNY?

Also, I'd like to make it clear that I'm by no means despairing of Epstink, or of the long-term future of the Cubs.  But this is now the fifth straight year of futility and, honestly, I'm not going to pretend that I'm enjoying it.

It's like getting penis enlargement surgery - yeah, the end result is going to make you the envy of all your friends, but in the meantime it's fucking painful.  I imagine.

Que Fork.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1791 on: April 23, 2013, 08:22:54 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 23, 2013, 08:09:28 AM

This, plus his recent feuds with Boers and Bernstein have spilled into the booth.

I'm regularly surprised by the large number of Sox fans (I work with waaaay too many of them) who just don't get how bad he is. I mean I realize they're Sox fans and the bar is set pretty low as far as intelligence goes. But how does anyone not recognize the mind numbing level of crap he spews?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1792 on: April 23, 2013, 08:43:43 AM »
Quote from: BH on April 23, 2013, 08:15:23 AM

It's like getting penis enlargement reduction surgery - yeah, the end result is going to make you the envy of all your friends small enough for anal, but in the meantime it's fucking painful.  I imagine.

Que Fork.

Savedhimthebother'd.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1793 on: April 23, 2013, 08:46:21 AM »

Que Fork.

¿Qué Pasa?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1794 on: April 23, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2013, 08:46:21 AM

Que Fork.

¿Qué Pasa?

Pasa da ketchup.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1795 on: April 23, 2013, 09:41:25 AM »

More enjoyable: @NotHawk
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1796 on: April 23, 2013, 01:38:32 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 23, 2013, 08:54:00 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2013, 08:46:21 AM

Que Fork.

¿Qué Pasa?

Pasa da ketchup.

Pass the Heinz. 
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1797 on: April 23, 2013, 01:45:45 PM »

I'm willing to hear Gil out on this (and further derail PenFoe's Beloved Favorite Thread) in that when the Sox are playing badly and losing, Hawk's petty, petulant little bitch act--breathtaking in it's total regard to any professional standards of broadcasting--can be amusing to someone who revels in bad things happening to the Sox like I do.  I'm at a loss, however, to come up with any other reason as to how listening to him call a game could in any way be construed as enjoyable.  

DPD. What's the broad-strokes outline of this feud? I listened to the clip, which was weird (both Hawk and Playgirl Steve) but I have no idea why a purportedly professional announcer is airing petty feuds with sports radio hosts during baseball broadcasts. What are you doing, Wegner?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1798 on: April 23, 2013, 02:07:37 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 23, 2013, 01:45:45 PM

I'm willing to hear Gil out on this (and further derail PenFoe's Beloved Favorite Thread) in that when the Sox are playing badly and losing, Hawk's petty, petulant little bitch act--breathtaking in it's total regard to any professional standards of broadcasting--can be amusing to someone who revels in bad things happening to the Sox like I do.  I'm at a loss, however, to come up with any other reason as to how listening to him call a game could in any way be construed as enjoyable.  

DPD. What's the broad-strokes outline of this feud? I listened to the clip, which was weird (both Hawk and Playgirl Steve) but I have no idea why a purportedly professional announcer is airing petty feuds with sports radio hosts during baseball broadcasts. What are you doing, Wegner?

I think it began with Hawk's recent spat with MLB Network's Brian Kenny.  B&B took some potshots at Hawk because of that.  Then, during the White Sox' four-game stint in Toronto, Hawk gave an interview to a local radio station, wherein he doubled-down on the stupidity, i.e. asserting the Billy Beane wrote Moneyball for self-aggrandizement, that moneyball has gotten too many good baseball guys fired, that the system doesn't work, and that players are too focused on their numbers when they're batting, etc.

B&B continued to take even more potshots at Hawk because of this, which obviously got back to Hawk.  So now he's stupidly going after them; stupidly, because his criticisms are so off the wall, it's a real academic exercise to even decode them.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1799 on: April 23, 2013, 02:27:18 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 23, 2013, 02:07:37 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 23, 2013, 01:45:45 PM

I think it began with Hawk's recent spat with MLB Network's Brian Kenny.  B&B took some potshots at Hawk because of that.  Then, during the White Sox' four-game stint in Toronto, Hawk gave an interview to a local radio station, wherein he doubled-down on the stupidity, i.e. asserting the Billy Beane wrote Moneyball for self-aggrandizement, that moneyball has gotten too many good baseball guys fired, that the system doesn't work, and that players are too focused on their numbers when they're batting, etc.

B&B continued to take even more potshots at Hawk because of this, which obviously got back to Hawk.  So now he's stupidly going after them; stupidly, because his criticisms are so off the wall, it's a real academic exercise to even decode them.

Thank you.  Continuing to employ Hawk is one of my favorite White Sox moves.  He'd turn me into a Twins fan.