News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 595,142 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #3600 on: January 12, 2016, 01:54:25 PM »
One of my good friends died in an accident a few years back. A bunch of his family members blamed some of my other friends for it and sued them. The whole ordeal took years to sort out and ended several friendships that had gone back decades. I took a side based on the facts of the case and what I know my friend would have thought about it. I unfriended a bunch of people that I'd known since college and I'm still "friends" with the deceased. His crappy friends and family members still post on his wall so I'm not free of them. I don't dare unfriend or unfollow him though. That just doesn't seem right.

/PexStory
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #3601 on: January 12, 2016, 01:55:05 PM »
For me, three that I can think of. A high school psych teacher who died several years after her son was involved in a murder-suicide. A gamer friend of mine who died young after suffering a seizure while living home alone. And my wife's cousin who died at the age of 42. Particularly in the case of the cousin, I half want, half dread going back and reading through our FB messages to see the things we talked about. Her loss in particular has been a tough one to swallow.
M'lady.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3602 on: January 12, 2016, 02:17:39 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 12, 2016, 01:38:12 PM
Quote from: CT III on January 12, 2016, 01:15:58 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on January 12, 2016, 01:14:42 PM
Quote from: CT III on January 12, 2016, 01:12:35 PM
I've unfriended one person: a guy I went to high school with when he was arrested for a horrific crime.

He's doing 50 years in Federal prison now. /Penstory

I mean, he's probably not posting much anymore, so you could probably still be friends with him.

Pass.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/chi-mchenry-deputy-sentencing-child-sex-abuse-20140917-story.html

I'm willing to see your point on this one.

We finally have some common ground.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3603 on: January 12, 2016, 02:23:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've unfollowed 90% of my Facebook friends.

I think the only person I've unfriended is Tdubbs.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3604 on: January 12, 2016, 02:27:27 PM »
Quote from: R-V on January 12, 2016, 02:23:55 PM
I'm pretty sure I've unfollowed 90% of my Facebook friends.

I think the only person I've unfriended is Tdubbs.

And he's off the book faces, now.

Quote from: Canadouche on January 12, 2016, 01:35:55 PM
Quote from: SKO on January 12, 2016, 12:14:07 PM
The unfollow option on facebook is nice and because of it I rarely have to unfriend anyone. I pretty much only unfriend people who feel the need to decide to go on facebook of all places and start arguments.

I tried really hard to get my friend list down below 100 last year. I think I made it to 120ish. I realize that you could just unfollow them and avoid a lot, but they are still capable of commenting on my status updates and I'd rather avoid that.

I got mine to about 160, but that was from 600 or so. I'd sooner keep my internet friends than people I went to HS and college with. Thanks, desipio

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3605 on: January 12, 2016, 02:30:36 PM »

I miss "liking" Weebs' whiny Facebook posts.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3606 on: January 12, 2016, 02:32:15 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 12, 2016, 02:30:36 PM

I miss "liking" Weebs' whiny Facebook posts.

God, I used to enjoy that.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3607 on: January 12, 2016, 02:55:12 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on January 12, 2016, 01:54:25 PM
One of my good friends died in an accident a few years back. A bunch of his family members blamed some of my other friends for it and sued them. The whole ordeal took years to sort out and ended several friendships that had gone back decades. I took a side based on the facts of the case and what I know my friend would have thought about it. I unfriended a bunch of people that I'd known since college and I'm still "friends" with the deceased. His crappy friends and family members still post on his wall so I'm not free of them. I don't dare unfriend or unfollow him though. That just doesn't seem right.

/PexStory
About four years ago my brother called my office phone while I was out and left a message.  He asked a question that I had no ready answer for so I left the message there while I thought up a response.  My brother died shortly thereafter.  I listen to the message every so often.  I like hearing his voice.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3608 on: January 12, 2016, 03:40:56 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 12, 2016, 02:55:12 PM

/PexStory
About four years ago my brother called my office phone while I was out and left a message.  He asked a question that I had no ready answer for so I left the message there while I thought up a response.  My brother died shortly thereafter.  I listen to the message every so often.  I like hearing his voice.

I know the feeling Stew, I still have an answering machine with my Dad's voice on it.

Reminds me of the ending of the movie "Mac".
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3609 on: January 12, 2016, 03:53:04 PM »
Quote from: flannj on January 12, 2016, 03:40:56 PM
Quote from: CBStew on January 12, 2016, 02:55:12 PM

/PexStory

I know the feeling Stew, I still have an answering machine with my Dad's voice on it.

Reminds me of the ending of the movie "Mac".

Sorry for your losses, friends. Now that we've brought everybody to tears, perhaps we should talk about trading someone or Star Wars or what have you.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3610 on: January 12, 2016, 03:59:34 PM »
I admit it...I laughed at this.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3611 on: January 12, 2016, 07:58:54 PM »
I have a coworker that calls off all the damn time... so, I admit it, I just totaled up her call offs. In the 2 years she's been here, we have had 514 work days and she has called off the entire day 84 times. She has missed 2 or more hours in a day (really 3 hours because she rolls her lunch into that) 42 times other than that.

Bright side is that she gets docked for the time she doesn't have, so there's some justice in the world

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3612 on: January 12, 2016, 08:08:06 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 12, 2016, 11:39:53 AM
Quote from: Tonker on January 12, 2016, 11:35:30 AM
Quote from: PANK! on January 12, 2016, 10:47:25 AM
I am eternally grateful to not be FB friends with "MissVal"

Val used to annoy me, too.  I must be mellowing in my old age, though, because now I honestly think she's all right.  She's a bit Packer-y, cat-ty and Jesus-y sometimes but, let's face it, youse cunts are without exception guilty of far, far worse than that, one way and another, and I haven't defriended any of you yet*.

*Except BC, who can't tell the difference between FB and Twitter.

I generally don't "unfriend" people unless they've jumped off the rails to the point where staying connected to them could lead to the FBI showing up to ask me some questions.

I already had a friend and former roommate threaten to kill W. He was at my wedding. I figure I'm already on a watchlist or 10 anyway.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3613 on: January 13, 2016, 08:04:59 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 12, 2016, 07:58:54 PM
I have a coworker that calls off all the damn time... so, I admit it, I just totaled up her call offs. In the 2 years she's been here, we have had 514 work days and she has called off the entire day 84 times. She has missed 2 or more hours in a day (really 3 hours because she rolls her lunch into that) 42 times other than that.

Bright side is that she gets docked for the time she doesn't have, so there's some justice in the world

I admit it, I really hope she's tallying how much time you spend on fringe messageboards.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3614 on: January 13, 2016, 08:24:39 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 13, 2016, 08:04:59 AM
Quote from: Yeti on January 12, 2016, 07:58:54 PM

I admit it, I really hope she's tallying how much time you spend on fringe messageboards.

Almost 82 days, so I'm almost to her level