News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,088 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4410 on: November 04, 2016, 10:45:34 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 04, 2016, 10:40:45 AM
Are we there yet? Are we as insufferable as Red Sox fans?  If so I don't care.  We earned it.

Well I already went off on a White Sox fan this morning for saying the Cubs can't repeat because Lester/Lackey and Zobrist are getting old. So I'm already pretty entitled.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4411 on: November 04, 2016, 11:20:33 AM »
Are we there yet? Are we as insufferable as Red Sox fans?  If so I don't care.  We earned it.

I think we get to be whatever we want until the first pitch of Opening Day 2017. 
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4412 on: November 04, 2016, 01:26:35 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 04, 2016, 11:20:33 AM

I think we get to be whatever we want until the first pitch of Opening Day 2017 Cubs are eliminated from play in 2017, if they ever are. 

Fixed.
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4413 on: November 04, 2016, 02:07:12 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 04, 2016, 01:26:35 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on November 04, 2016, 11:20:33 AM

I think we get to be whatever we want until the first pitch of Opening Day 2017 Cubs are eliminated from play in 2017, if they ever are. day we fucking die, because fuck them all.

Fixed.

You call that fixing?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4414 on: November 05, 2016, 09:32:45 AM »
I'm starting to get over it.

I'm thinking about goals for the near future.

I want Hendricks to win 32 games.

I want Schwarbs to hit .400 out of the leadoff spot.

I want Zesus to hit .400 out of the two-hole and to retire his wife's walk-up music.

I want Rizzo/Bryant to hit back-to-back dingers 90 times.

I want Russell to drive in 200 ribbies.

I want Albert Almora to make a Rodney McCray catch at Wrigley then step back through the hole he made in the CF wall unscathed, flash the ball, and say "Oooooh, yeah." Then I want to trade the Kool-Aid Man for Trout.

I want Baez to be the first player to win gold gloves at multiple positions in the same season.

I want Heyward to slash .260/.340/.380.

I want Montero to be the second catcher to catch 5 no-hitters in a season.

I want Contreras to be the first.

I want David Ross to do whatever the fuck he wants for a year, then come back as Assistant to the Quality Assurance Coach.

I want to ban the celebrity stretch but replace it with a hologram of Harry Caray that sits in the bleachers, gets progressively sloppy, before taking off his shirt off and causing disturbances in front of Al.

I want 120 wins and an undefeated October. And then a three-peat where their World Series opponents are forced to throw 20 innings with position players because every pitcher's arm has begun to detach from overuse.

I want the Cardinals to go 40-122 for three straight years in front of an empty house before the team is relegated to the Pacific Coast League.

These are all reasonable things.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4415 on: November 05, 2016, 10:57:47 AM »
... I didn't notice him at the time, but now that it's all over and done with I'm enjoying the ever-loving piss out of SADWEEBS after the Rajai Davis dinger.  Skip to 2:12 if you want to get straight to the good stuff.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4416 on: November 05, 2016, 12:52:45 PM »

There were a couple of items that I nearly put in the Completely Unreadable thread, but I don't feel any more insufferable now than I did before. I got to listen to a thoroughly enjoyable season, my Dad and our friends were made happy at the end, I mused on it for a while, and I have no assumptions about next season other than that I'll be listening again.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4417 on: November 05, 2016, 07:46:52 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 05, 2016, 10:57:47 AM
... I didn't notice him at the time, but now that it's all over and done with I'm enjoying the ever-loving piss out of SADWEEBS after the Rajai Davis dinger.  Skip to 2:12 if you want to get straight to the good stuff.

Oh dip.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4418 on: November 05, 2016, 09:33:02 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 05, 2016, 09:32:45 AM
I'm starting to get over it.

I'm thinking about goals for the near future.

I want Hendricks to win 32 games.

I want Schwarbs to hit .400 out of the leadoff spot.

I want Zesus to hit .400 out of the two-hole and to retire his wife's walk-up music.

I want Rizzo/Bryant to hit back-to-back dingers 90 times.

I want Russell to drive in 200 ribbies.

I want Albert Almora to make a Rodney McCray catch at Wrigley then step back through the hole he made in the CF wall unscathed, flash the ball, and say "Oooooh, yeah." Then I want to trade the Kool-Aid Man for Trout.

I want Baez to be the first player to win gold gloves at multiple positions in the same season.

I want Montero to be the second catcher to catch 5 no-hitters in a season.

I want Contreras to be the first.

I want David Ross to do whatever the fuck he wants for a year, then come back as Assistant to the Quality Assurance Coach.

I want to ban the celebrity stretch but replace it with a hologram of Harry Caray that sits in the bleachers, gets progressively sloppy, before taking off his shirt off and causing disturbances in front of Al.

I want 120 wins and an undefeated October. And then a three-peat where their World Series opponents are forced to throw 20 innings with position players because every pitcher's arm has begun to detach from overuse.

I want the Cardinals to go 40-122 for three straight years in front of an empty house before the team is relegated to the Pacific Coast League.

These are all reasonable things.

I enjoyed this post.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4419 on: November 07, 2016, 08:57:33 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 05, 2016, 09:32:45 AM

Settle down.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4420 on: November 07, 2016, 09:31:18 AM »
...I'm glad I went to Wrigley Field by myself before taking my wife down there. Seeing all the names on the walls made me well up more than I thought it would.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4421 on: November 07, 2016, 10:12:55 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 07, 2016, 09:31:18 AM
...I'm glad I went to Wrigley Field by myself before taking my wife down there. Seeing all the names on the walls made me well up more than I thought it would.

my wife must really love me because the video she took of me face down on the floor sobbing like a baby after the final out is still not a matter of public record.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4422 on: November 07, 2016, 10:30:28 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 07, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

my wife must really love me because the video she took of me face down on the floor sobbing like a baby after the final out is still not a matter of public record.

You better come up big at Christmas just to play it on the safe side.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4423 on: November 07, 2016, 11:29:50 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 07, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

Love? Or leverage?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4424 on: November 07, 2016, 01:07:22 PM »
Y'all cry an awful lot.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs