News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 97,114 )

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on February 26, 2010, 12:23:22 PM
Quote from: Jon on February 26, 2010, 12:20:27 PM
Quote from: Pre on February 26, 2010, 11:45:17 AM
Quote from: Andy on February 24, 2010, 03:58:06 PM
I see nothing wrong with comparing a 19 year old's minor league stats with those of major leaguers with long careers and coming up with such a comparison.

It's science.

I sense your green font, and your stick in the mud old timey ways are a joke old man.

See, you grew up in the Space Age.  You dreamed of colonizing Mars and boning hot
blue alien chicks.  And your generation blew it.  You wasted untold resources and
destroyed our environment and the closest you came to your goals was to shoot a fucking
probe out of the solar system and then make a jerk off sci fi movie about it coming back
with some aliens.

We've moved on from your mistakes.  We're in the Information Age now gramps.  We
use computers to make money instead of creating nuclear waste all over the place and
we wear jeans while we do it.  And if a computer tells you that Starlin fucking Castro
(we curse all the time now, too) is destined for greatness because at age 18 he hit
.311/.364/.464 and Jose Reyes hit .307/.337/.472 at the same age, then you sure as
shit know that he's going to do it.

You are my hero. doppelgänger.

Based on my drunken recollection of last Kitty's'd.

Only if I stood on a chair and was allergic to wheat.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Jon on February 26, 2010, 12:23:55 PM
Quote from: MAD on February 26, 2010, 12:23:22 PM
Quote from: Jon on February 26, 2010, 12:20:27 PM
I see nothing wrong with comparing a 19 year old's minor league stats with those of major leaguers with long careers and coming up with such a comparison.

It's science.

I sense your green font, and your stick in the mud old timey ways are a joke old man.

See, you grew up in the Space Age.  You dreamed of colonizing Mars and boning hot
blue alien chicks.  And your generation blew it.  You wasted untold resources and
destroyed our environment and the closest you came to your goals was to shoot a fucking
probe out of the solar system and then make a jerk off sci fi movie about it coming back
with some aliens.

We've moved on from your mistakes.  We're in the Information Age now gramps.  We
use computers to make money instead of creating nuclear waste all over the place and
we wear jeans while we do it.  And if a computer tells you that Starlin fucking Castro
(we curse all the time now, too) is destined for greatness because at age 18 he hit
.311/.364/.464 and Jose Reyes hit .307/.337/.472 at the same age, then you sure as

You are my hero. doppelgänger.

Based on my drunken recollection of last Kitty's'd.

Only if I stood on a chair and was allergic to wheat.

And if Pre were cool enough to have worn a kick-ass Piggly Wiggly t-shirt.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

It's science.

See, you grew up in the Space Age.  You dreamed of colonizing Mars and boning hot
blue alien chicks.  And your generation blew it.  You wasted untold resources and
with some aliens.

We've moved on from your mistakes.  We're in the Information Age now gramps.  We
we wear jeans while we do it.  And if a computer tells you that Starlin fucking Castro

That post was awesome.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: JD on February 26, 2010, 05:50:47 PM

It's science.

with some aliens.

That post was awesome.

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Wheezer on February 26, 2010, 10:02:50 PM
Quote from: JD on February 26, 2010, 05:50:47 PM

It's science.

with some aliens.

That post was awesome.

QuoteReading an image, like the reception of any other message, is dependent on prior knowledge of possibilities; we can only recognize what we know. Even the sight of the awkward naked figures in the illustration cannot be separated in our mind from our knowledge. We know that feet are for standing and eyes are for looking and we project this knowledge onto these configurations, which would look 'like nothing on earth' without this prior information. It is this information alone that enables us to separate the code from the message; we see which of the lines are intended as contours and which are intended as conventional modelling. Our 'scientifically educated' fellow creatures in space might be forgiven if they saw the figures as wire constructs with loose bits and pieces hovering weightlessly in between. Even if they deciphered this aspect of the code, what would they make of the woman's right arm that tapers off like a flamingo's neck and beak? The creatures are 'drawn to scale against the outline of the spacecraft,' but if the recipients are supposed to understand foreshortening, they might also expect to see perspective and conceive the craft as being further back, which would make the scale of the manikins minute. As for the fact that 'the man has his right hand raised in greeting' (the female of the species presumably being less outgoing), not even an earthly Chinese or Indian would be able to correctly interpret this gesture from his own repertory.

We didn't send it out there to be read by Chinamen, Ernst.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 26, 2010, 11:11:20 PM
QuoteReading an image, like the reception of any other message, is dependent on prior knowledge of possibilities; we can only recognize what we know.

And here we have the enduring failure of "library and information science" in a nutshell.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Wheezer on February 26, 2010, 11:38:29 PM
QuoteReading an image, like the reception of any other message, is dependent on prior knowledge of possibilities; we can only recognize what we know.

And here we have the enduring failure of "library and information science" in a nutshell.

Quote from: Wheezer on June 21, 2008, 05:40:00 PM
I do in fact deny ontology.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on February 27, 2010, 01:11:28 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on February 26, 2010, 11:38:29 PM

Quote from: Wheezer on June 21, 2008, 05:40:00 PM
I do in fact deny ontology.

These creeps are like Guinea worm.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
rotoworld.

"Cubs manager Lou Piniella may lead off 19-year-old shortstop Starlin Castro in Thursday's spring opener.
"I'm anxious to see the kid myself," Piniella said. "He handles himself very professionally for a young kid out here, he really does. He's calm. He's not awed by being here. He's relaxed. He's not starry-eyed. If you didn't know he was 19 years old, you couldn't guess he was 19." Castro isn't projected to make the team out of camp, and should spend most of the season as Triple-A's shortstop. A good showing in camp, however, would put him first in line for a promotion if Ryan Theriot gets hurt.
Source: Chicago Sun-Times "

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BH on March 01, 2010, 03:43:02 PM
rotoworld.

"Cubs manager Lou Piniella may lead off 19-year-old shortstop Starlin Castro in Thursday's spring opener.
"I'm anxious to see the kid myself," Piniella said. "He handles himself very professionally for a young kid out here, he really does. He's calm. He's not awed by being here. He's relaxed. He's not starry-eyed. If you didn't know he was 19 years old, you couldn't guess he was 19." Castro isn't projected to make the team out of camp, and should spend most of the season as Triple-A's shortstop. A good showing in camp, however, would put him first in line for a promotion if Ryan Theriot gets hurt.

He's a Latin 19, which means he's probably an American 24.  Start him!
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
What's Gary Scott up to these days?
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
I find Starlin Castro's brother, Dennis, to be far more intriguing.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
rotoworld.

Starlin Castro is the only thing that interests me in the Cubs this Spring.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 02, 2010, 08:35:13 AM
rotoworld.

Between Starlin and the new Cubs hot dog they're rolling out, I've got all the excitement I can handle as well.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 02, 2010, 09:39:57 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 02, 2010, 08:35:13 AM
rotoworld.

Between Starlin and the new Cubs hot dog they're rolling out, I've got all the excitement I can handle as well.

Thank Gord they're not taking the troughs out of the mens' rooms. If they did that too, all our heads would explode.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16