News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Patriots @ Bears 12/12/10. Brian Hoyer's coming out party.  ( 6,378 )

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Patriots @ Bears 12/12/10. Brian Hoyer's coming out party.
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 06:36:30 PM »
So that's what a Super Bowl team and an elite quarterback looks like?  Good to know.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 06:56:13 PM »
If I'm reading the tiebreakers right, if Green Bay loses to New England next week and the Bears beat Minnesota, then the Bears would clinch the division. The Bears would hold the divisional record tie-breaker over GB in that scenario even if both teams ended up 10-6.

So, there's that.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
This really is the 2005 season isn't it? The fourth loss is a nightmare curbstomping in the snow to an AFC powerhouse in which everything falls apart. 11-5 and the two seed? It's looking like it.  

Today, the Bears got pwned in all four phases. I do not apologize for my part in the collapse of the 4th Phase. I won't watch a team that doesn't stop the run. I won't. Fuck you. Not in the snow especially. I left at halftime and recovered at Giordano's over some coffee and Bailey's and a deep dish. I'll live to fight another day as will our Beloved Bears. Bring on Jake Delhomme and/or the Panthers.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 04:11:36 AM »
Well, that answered a few questions.  Not least of which : are the Bears really any good?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 07:34:13 AM »
Quote from: BC on December 12, 2010, 04:36:38 PM
What was the safety doing on that play? Oh well, this was over a long time ago.

They weren't playing 11-on-11, I'll tell you that.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 08:11:42 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 12, 2010, 09:43:00 PM
This really is the 2005 season isn't it? The fourth loss is a nightmare curbstomping in the snow to an AFC powerhouse in which everything falls apart. 11-5 and the two seed? It's looking like it.  

Today, the Bears got pwned in all four phases. I do not apologize for my part in the collapse of the 4th Phase. I won't watch a team that doesn't stop the run. I won't. Fuck you. Not in the snow especially. I left at halftime and recovered at Giordano's over some coffee and Bailey's and a deep dish. I'll live to fight another day as will our Beloved Bears. Bring on Jake Delhomme and/or the Panthers.

Missed this first time round.  Ghey.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 09:23:31 AM »
Quote from: BC on December 12, 2010, 06:56:13 PM
If I'm reading the tiebreakers right, if Green Bay loses to New England next week and the Bears beat Minnesota, then the Bears would clinch the division. The Bears would hold the divisional record tie-breaker over GB in that scenario even if both teams ended up 10-6.

So, there's that.

Wow.  BC actually provided good information. 

We stayed until 6:56 left in the game, after Cutler got picked off again in the endzone.  We were assuming that the Minnesota game is huge and could possibly render the Green Bay game moot.   Sadly, I think it's still going to come down to that Green Bay game and this New England ass-whupping won't be the game we'll be cursing then but the Deadskins game instead.

Also, what could work to the Bears' advantage is if the Humpdome still ain't ready by next week.  A deflated team being forced to play a "home" game that is closer to Chicago than their home stadium...hmmm where have we seen that before? 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 09:30:39 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 13, 2010, 09:23:31 AM

So, there's that.

We stayed until 6:56 left in the game, after Cutler got picked off again in the endzone.  We were assuming that the Minnesota game is huge and could possibly render the Green Bay game moot.   Sadly, I think it's still going to come down to that Green Bay game and this New England ass-whupping won't be the game we'll be cursing then but the Deadskins game instead.

Also, what could work to the Bears' advantage is if the Humpdome still ain't ready by next week.  A deflated team being forced to play a "home" game that is closer to Chicago than their home stadium...hmmm where have we seen that before? 

If only Bud Selig could get Miller Park retrofitted for football...

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 09:32:17 AM »

So, there's that.

So you think that Green Bay will win in New England or the Bears will lose to Minnesota? Fuck, you are some kind of queer Wisconsin Favre dong chuggar aren't you? I will agree with you that a first round bye may be in play for the Bears in Week 17 and Green Bay will be trying to lock up a Wild Card. So it won't be moot. But Jesus H. Koresh, Huard.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 09:35:52 AM »

So, there's that.

I see what you did there.  I'm pretty sure that there is no need to make Carlos (oh that's right..lits all Carlos's now.. Carlos Z) the back-up QB.  If the dome isn't ready by next week, they can set up the U of Minnesota outdoor field, as they will have time to get it shoveled out, set up the beer stands and put some cameras in there. Still an advantage to have the bears play outside against a dome team, I would think.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 09:37:56 AM »
Hey did anyone mention that Brian Hoyer did indeed make an appearance?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 09:40:18 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on December 13, 2010, 09:35:52 AM

So, there's that.

I see what you did there.  I'm pretty sure that there is no need to make Carlos (oh that's right..lits all Carlos's now.. Carlos Z) the back-up QB.  If the dome isn't ready by next week, they can set up the U of Minnesota outdoor field, as they will have time to get it shoveled out, set up the beer stands and put some cameras in there. Still an advantage to have the bears play outside against a dome team, I would think.

BEAR WHETHER!!!!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 09:44:25 AM »

So, there's that.

Wow.  BC actually provided good information.  

We stayed until 6:56 left in the game, after Cutler got picked off again in the endzone.  We were assuming that the Minnesota game is huge and could possibly render the Green Bay game moot.   Sadly, I think it's still going to come down to that Green Bay game and this New England ass-whupping won't be the game we'll be cursing then but the Deadskins game instead.

Also, what could work to the Bears' advantage is if the Humpdome still ain't ready by next week.  A deflated team being forced to play a "home" game that is closer to Chicago than their home stadium...hmmm where have we seen that before?  

The Bears-Vikings game has as much chance being played in a TCF Bank at your local Jewel as it does being played in TCF Stadium. Zygi Wilf has just lost millions in gate receipts with the Ford Field home game (they're giving tickets away). Will he surrender another 14,000 ticket payers (Metrodome holds 64K to TCF's 50) just so he can play in Minnesota?

Look for the game to be played in Ford Field, the Superdome, Edward R. Jones Stadium, Lucas Oil Stadium, Nile Kinnick Stadium or Camp Randall Stadium. After the Vikings lose today, cash money will be all for Zygi Wilf to salvage.

EDIT: Don't forget Soldier Field as another obvious alternative.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 09:52:17 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 13, 2010, 09:32:17 AM

So, there's that.

Wow.  BC actually provided good information.  

We stayed until 6:56 left in the game, after Cutler got picked off again in the endzone.  We were assuming that the Minnesota game is huge and could possibly render the Green Bay game moot.   Sadly, I think it's still going to come down to that Green Bay game and this New England ass-whupping won't be the game we'll be cursing then but the Deadskins game instead.

Also, what could work to the Bears' advantage is if the Humpdome still ain't ready by next week.  A deflated team being forced to play a "home" game that is closer to Chicago than their home stadium...hmmm where have we seen that before?  

So you think that Green Bay will win in New England or the Bears will lose to Minnesota? Fuck, you are some kind of queer Wisconsin Favre dong chuggar aren't you? I will agree with you that a first round bye may be in play for the Bears in Week 17 and Green Bay will be trying to lock up a Wild Card. So it won't be moot. But Jesus H. Koresh, Huard.

I said that thinking Green Bay would be at home, but I since have noticed that they'll be in New England.  I still call it a tossup, though.  New England can lose to the Packers and, so long as they beat Boofalo and Miami, they've got homefield in the AFC.  That game will be much bigger for Green Bay than it was for the Bears and not as big for New England as the Bears game was--particularly in light of the Jets also losing yesterday.  And where did I say I think the Bears wil lose to Minnesota?  Go eat a dick, spazz.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 09:53:52 AM »

So, there's that.

I see what you did there.  

Pun not intended, actually.