News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse  ( 157,161 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let's look forward to the Cardinals Methocalypse
« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2015, 09:13:28 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on June 27, 2015, 08:07:15 PM
I know we call them the Satanic Fowl, but can anyone prove that they haven't sold their souls to some sort of Baseball Satan?

Xavier Scruggs.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2015, 09:13:36 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on June 28, 2015, 10:54:49 PM
That sure was nice of the ESPN announcers to whitewash the role Oscar Taveras's poor decisionmaking and .287 BAC played in the "tragic" but super inspirational car crash that is directly responsible for Carlos Martinez being so great.

It's ESPN...awful is what they do. And they do it well.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2015, 09:30:08 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 29, 2015, 09:13:28 AM
I know we call them the Satanic Fowl, but can anyone prove that they haven't sold their souls to some sort of Baseball Satan?

Xavier Scruggs.

Seriously....following the games all weekend and I had,at one point, though to myself "Xavier Scruggs"  is such a typical Cardinals' name.  Where do they find these fucking people?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #423 on: June 29, 2015, 09:35:57 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on June 29, 2015, 09:30:08 AM

Xavier Scruggs.

Seriously....following the games all weekend and I had,at one point, though to myself "Xavier Scruggs"  is such a typical Cardinals' name.  Where do they find these fucking people?

They spawn from a demon portal that casts from the Arch during lightning storms and when the Cubs leave town they lurch underground only to reappear just in time for the next Cubs series.

Watch this fuckhead go 0-16 against the White Sox or something.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #424 on: June 29, 2015, 09:41:20 AM »

Xavier Scruggs.

Were you aware that he's black? If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #425 on: June 29, 2015, 09:55:04 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on June 29, 2015, 09:41:20 AM

Xavier Scruggs.

Were you aware that he's black? If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it.

This is the first I'm learning of this.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #427 on: July 07, 2015, 05:22:31 AM »
DPD. In our hour of darkness (damn it), at least we can enjoy the Best Fans' butthurt from Kris Bryant's All-Star triumph over the forces of evil, i.e. Matt Carpenter.  Kris's dreamy eyes beat Bogdan's brows any day, Methheads.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #428 on: July 07, 2015, 10:17:07 PM »
TPD. I love baseball. Baseball is great.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #429 on: July 07, 2015, 10:19:59 PM »
The Cardinals broadcasters endless butthurt over that Russell single (that was fucking fair) will fuel me for days
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #430 on: July 08, 2015, 06:55:46 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 07, 2015, 10:19:59 PM
The Cardinals broadcasters endless butthurt over that Russell single (that was fucking fair) will fuel me for days

Walking down Clark St. after the game toward my car, I overheard a couple of butthurt Cardinals mentioning that the Cubs "should *expect* to beat two minor-league pitchers". I was going to point out that the Cubs rolled out a minor league pitcher too, but with my son on my shoulders and the cross-street where I was turning off of approaching, I figured it'd be just more enjoyable to soak up the glorious butthurt in silence.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #431 on: July 08, 2015, 07:10:56 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 08, 2015, 06:55:46 AM

Walking down Clark St. after the game toward my car, I overheard a couple of butthurt Cardinals mentioning that the Cubs "should *expect* to beat two minor-league pitchers". I was going to point out that the Cubs rolled out a minor league pitcher too, but with my son on my shoulders and the cross-street where I was turning off of approaching, I figured it'd be just more enjoyable to soak up the glorious butthurt in silence.

I just don't even engage with Cardinals fans. There is no joy to ever be derived from the exercise in any fashion. Best to just enjoy the company of the nine billion people on twitter who hate the Cardinals instead.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #432 on: July 08, 2015, 09:42:57 AM »

I really want to hear it, but don't know what you were listening to. I can't find the endless butthurt. The two TV guys were iffy on it, but no real butthurt. Both radio guys thought it was fair.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #433 on: July 08, 2015, 09:57:21 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 08, 2015, 09:42:57 AM

I really want to hear it, but don't know what you were listening to. I can't find the endless butthurt. The two TV guys were iffy on it, but no real butthurt. Both radio guys thought it was fair.

I was watching the FSN Midwest feed. It was pretty amusing, they both said it was obviously foul to begin with, then retracted their statements once it the initial replay was obviously fair or at worst too close to call.

Then the Cubs took the lead and through the subsequent innings there was a slow build until that call became second only to Denkinger. The initial reaction was admittedly tame.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #434 on: July 08, 2015, 10:13:05 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 08, 2015, 09:57:21 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on July 08, 2015, 09:42:57 AM

I was watching the FSN Midwest feed. It was pretty amusing, they both said it was obviously foul to begin with, then retracted their statements once it the initial replay was obviously fair or at worst too close to call.

Then the Cubs took the lead and through the subsequent innings there was a slow build until that call became second only to Denkinger. The initial reaction was admittedly tame.

When I got to that part of the game, I switched feeds so I could listen to it.  One of them said it was fair, and subsequently changed his mind to foul, and the other said it was foul, and subsequently changed his mind to fair.  In any event, I thought butthurt was disappointingly thin on the ground.  They did, though, completely miss the fact that Maness had been ejected (as did Matheny), something that Len and JD identified as soon as it happened.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.