News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Starlin Castro Unbridled Manlove with a Side Order of Sploogetasticism Thread  ( 97,570 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on May 07, 2010, 09:29:26 AM
The Cubs have a logjam with 5 outfielders....so let's  rush up the shortstop NOW after Theriot seems to have gotten back on track.  Genius.

Sometimes it feels like this team makes counterintuitive moves out of spite just to fuck with placate their fan base.

Meatballed.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on May 07, 2010, 09:26:41 AM
Quote from: Yeti on May 07, 2010, 09:21:12 AM
Well, make or break time now for the kid. For the people who have been wanting it (IAN), this may get you interested again, and I sure hope this doesn't fuck him up.

It's a big risk, without much upside.  Like R-V said, it really seems like a panic move.  It's unlikely that a 20-year-old shortstop is going to come up from AA and play well enough to make a significant difference in the season, so what is the big rush?

Jesus Christ this is a stupid, stupid panic move.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 07, 2010, 09:30:22 AM
Quote from: MAD on May 07, 2010, 09:29:26 AM
The Cubs have a logjam with 5 outfielders....so let's  rush up the shortstop NOW after Theriot seems to have gotten back on track.  Genius.

Sometimes it feels like this team makes counterintuitive moves out of spite just to fuck with placate their fan base.

Meatballed.

Yeah.  Guess I should have qualified "which" fans this moves annoys.  
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
My favorite part of this move is going to be when Starlin doesn't even play every day.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
I think the move is as much to fix the defense as anything.  They should have won Dempster's start, but Theriot misplayed two grounders that a normal shortstop makes outs out of. 

The part that makes no fucking sense is that the Cubs knew they were going to do this at some point this season, but they didn't play Theriot even one inning at second all spring.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Phil Rogers is a simplistic boob.  But you all know that.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Andy on May 07, 2010, 05:03:04 PM
Phil Rogers is a simplistic boob.  But you all know that.

I don't know about all that....I mean, he did write an article today, 5 months after the Cubs traded him, that Milton Bradley isn't worth the trouble. 

That takes some pretty serious insight.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Intrepid Reader: IAN

FUCK. YOU. DESIPIO.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Starlin Castro says Felix Pie can suck his dick.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com
This kid is going to ruin my summer plans for exclusively watching the World Cup.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
A couple more ABs for Castro plz.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Nice pop-up, loser.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.