News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion  ( 57,311 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears 2015 Draft Discussion
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2014, 02:46:07 PM »
Why don't the Bears just trade for Aaron Rodgers? THIS AIN'T ROCKET SURGERY!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2014, 04:53:23 PM »
Why even watch the games when I can just check to see if CFiHP posted or not.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2014, 08:10:28 PM »
Quote from: Eli on September 28, 2014, 02:21:42 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on September 28, 2014, 02:12:45 PM
Quote from: SKO on September 28, 2014, 02:07:46 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on September 28, 2014, 02:02:04 PM
Jay Cutler: human dumpster fire.

Fuck you you fucking mongrel troll.

The only joke is the one on anyone who believes a guy who can't even go three games without throwing a god-fucking-awful pick is going to lead the Bears to anything other than 8 wins and shitty draft picks.

And right on cue, another pick  It'll be hilarious when Cutler has double-digit picks yet again (the only season he hasn't as a Bear is when he only started 10 games), and Rodgers doesn't.  The only question is whether Cutler gets to 20 this season or hurt before he can.

We haven't heard from you in a while. I figured you had killed yourself.

Seven points to Huey if he had.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2014, 09:16:12 PM »

The only joke is the one on anyone who believes a guy who can't even go three games without throwing a god-fucking-awful pick is going to lead the Bears to anything other than 8 wins and shitty draft picks.

And right on cue, another pick  It'll be hilarious when Cutler has double-digit picks yet again (the only season he hasn't as a Bear is when he only started 10 games), and Rodgers doesn't.  The only question is whether Cutler gets to 20 this season or hurt before he can.

To be fair his team lost a a horrible Tampa team.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2014, 08:47:20 AM »
I'm just wondering which of the picks was god fucking awful. Was it the one in which the DB read the route before the snap due to the shift of the RB and jumped it for a deflection that traveled 20 feet to Matthews or the one in which the receiver ran something the little voice in his head told him to run instead of what was called?

I don't know why I'm asking this but I just need to know if I've missed something.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2014, 08:55:16 AM »
And I'm really tired of saying this but Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback I've ever seen. Watching him on TV doesn't do it justice really. I don't know how many, "No fucking way" passes he completes against other teams but he seems to really rack them up against the Bears at a record clip. I really wish I could hate that guy like I hated Favre. But Favre was a fraud and a turd. Rodgers is just better than anything I've ever seen. Better than Manning or Brady or Brees. None of them could do what he does.

There's no hope.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2014, 09:29:40 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on September 29, 2014, 08:55:16 AM
Watching him on TV doesn't do it justice really.

This again?

ETA: Maybe that was BH with the see-things-better-in-person argument from a few years back.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2014, 09:33:48 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 29, 2014, 09:29:40 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on September 29, 2014, 08:55:16 AM
Watching him on TV doesn't do it justice really.

This again?

Unless I'm watching the all-22's I don't see the improbability of what he's pulling off the same way. Maybe you can! Sorry if it sounded like I was insulting your TV watching ability. I didn't mean to. I meant that for me, I get a wider perspective of the field and passes that other quarterbacks make don't end up where his do when throwing from the angle and body positions that he does. That pass after the holding call for the TD that got called back was the best throw I've ever seen. Recency effect accounted for, that was impossible. Fuck him.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2014, 10:12:48 AM »
Quote from: BBM on September 28, 2014, 09:16:12 PM

To be fair his team lost a a horrible Tampa team.

Hey, hey - don't lump that troll in with me. 

He *roots* for the Bears.

Or at least he better.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2014, 10:18:12 AM »
Dan Hampton, who rarely fails to dump on Cutler (or any QB for that matter) called out Josh Morgan for getting outmuscled on the 1st pick.  When I saw the play, I sort of thought the same thing and then wondered if my attempt to make excuses for Cutler in my mind was so tortured as to be absurd.  And then I heard Danimal this morning and since he excused Cutler on that play then I will too.  I mean, it was not a good pass, but I felt that if he was throwing to Marshall or Jeffery that the play ends up differently--at worst an incomplete pass that gets batted down into the shitty Soldier Field turf.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2014, 10:59:46 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 29, 2014, 10:18:12 AM
Dan Hampton, who rarely fails to dump on Cutler (or any QB for that matter) called out Josh Morgan for getting outmuscled on the 1st pick.  When I saw the play, I sort of thought the same thing and then wondered if my attempt to make excuses for Cutler in my mind was so tortured as to be absurd.  And then I heard Danimal this morning and since he excused Cutler on that play then I will too.  I mean, it was not a good pass, but I felt that if he was throwing to Marshall or Jeffery that the play ends up differently--at worst an incomplete pass that gets batted down into the shitty Soldier Field turf.

It got deflected up in the air 20 feet right to Matthews. Oblong balls do weird shit. Sometimes your opponent just makes a great play and you're fucked. It happens. We saw our DBs do that almost every week during better days. I understand why we have to analyze the shit out of every Cutler interception, but after yesterday's game, 99% of fan discussions should be about that defense. We were hoping it would be fixed enough that 400 yards of offense would be enough to keep the team in the game. You could kick a field goal with 9 seconds left or NOT kick onside or NOT try to throw the shit out of the ball on the opponent's half when your're chewing up giant chunks on the ground if you can get a stop once in awhile. That's where my head is today.

When guys come back from injuries and illness will it be better? Good enough? Or is this thing completely fucked through the floor again? I have no clue.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »
DPD:

Cutler did actually check out of a run play to throw that first pick even though they were gashing the Packers on the ground relentlessly at that point. Trestman didn't seem to mind and the game plan could have been to do that. They'll likely go over it and assess fault. That's one of the conversations we won't hear but would be really interesting.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2014, 11:33:07 AM »
The amount of time you people spend defending your QB is hilarious.

I know that pretty much everyone who doesn't root for the Bears gets all over him so there's some value to rallying around the guy, but man, what a continual effort you all put forth on a regular basis.

I'm not even passing judgement at this point, it's just a marvel to watch.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2014, 11:44:28 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 29, 2014, 11:33:07 AM
The amount of time you people spend defending your QB is hilarious.

I know that pretty much everyone who doesn't root for the Bears gets all over him so there's some value to rallying around the guy, but man, what a continual effort you all put forth on a regular basis.

I'm not even passing judgement at this point, it's just a marvel to watch.

Butthurt is a helluva drug.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2014, 12:06:33 PM »
I'll agree with Apex on Aaron Rodgers, but what are Mel Tucker's defenses known for? Not sacking quarterbacks, but giving up a lot of rushing and passing yards and points and not forcing too many turnovers? I'll hang up and listen to your answer.