News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Why are the Bears drafting this douche thread. 4/26-27 2008.  ( 38,652 )

Rob_Goldman

• Pollyellon Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on April 26, 2008, 04:15:34 PM
Quote from: RV on April 26, 2008, 03:58:21 PM
Good pick. Mendenhall would have been fun to watch if the offensive line wasn't in shambles, but they filled a need. And the guy is definitely a left tackle, something that you couldn't be sure about with Otah or Albert.

I have a feeling Mendenhall will still be available in the second round.

Nah...he seems like the perfect Jerry Jones pick w/one of these late 1st round picks.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Rob_Goldman on April 26, 2008, 04:32:06 PM
Good pick. Mendenhall would have been fun to watch if the offensive line wasn't in shambles, but they filled a need. And the guy is definitely a left tackle, something that you couldn't be sure about with Otah or Albert.

Nah...he seems like the perfect Jerry Jones pick w/one of these late 1st round picks.

So close. Felix Jones.

Neifilicious

Atlanta trades up to pick Sam Baker.  Someone's gotta block for Matt Ryan, after all.  Good move.  He was being ranked too low by everyone.  I just wish he'd fallen to us so we could make him play Guard.  Brohm will be gone by the time we pick, so Chilo Richal would be awesome.

Of course, we'll get a new linebacker or something instead.

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Slaky+ on April 26, 2008, 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: Rob_Goldman on April 26, 2008, 04:32:06 PM

So close. Felix Jones.

Was there ever really a doubt that Jones(Jerry) would take Jones(Felix)?

Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Pittsburgh drafts Mendenhall. Rashard won't get a chance to prove himself there, in my opinion. They have Parker AND Davenport if I remember correctly.

Jerry Angelo once again showing he has no capacity to take a chance by not jumping up there to make a trade for Mendenhall.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 26, 2008, 04:48:03 PM
Pittsburgh drafts Mendenhall... Jerry Angelo once again showing he has no capacity to take a chance by not jumping up there to make a trade for Mendenhall.

I don't know college football from my left nut, but I'm going to go ahead and say that if BC was fer it, I was agin it.

I mean, Mendenhall?... Sounds Jewish.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Neifilicious

Pittsburgh drafts Mendenhall. Rashard won't get a chance to prove himself there, in my opinion. They have Parker AND Davenport if I remember correctly.

Jerry Angelo once again showing he has no capacity to take a chance by not jumping up there to make a trade for Mendenhall.
We have no reason to trade up to take a one-year starter in a spread offense.  He's too much of a risk to really be worth a first round pick.  That's why he pulled a Brady Quinn and sank like a rock.

Three times a JD

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Thrillho on April 26, 2008, 04:50:27 PM
Pittsburgh drafts Mendenhall... Jerry Angelo once again showing he has no capacity to take a chance by not jumping up there to make a trade for Mendenhall.

I don't know college football from my left nut, but I'm going to go ahead and say that if BC was fer it, I was agin it.

Plus, he can't even beat out Najeh Davenport.  Ever.  Never.  What I can't figure out is, if Pittsburgh doesn't plan on giving this guy a chance to play,  EVER, then why'd they take him in the first?

Neifilicious

Quote from: Three times a JD on April 26, 2008, 04:53:43 PM

Plus, he can't even beat out Najeh Davenport.  Ever.  Never.  What I can't figure out is, if Pittsburgh doesn't plan on giving this guy a chance to play,  EVER, then why'd they take him in the first?
A conspiracy to keep U of I down, naturally.

Three times a JD

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: I like Jubblies on April 26, 2008, 04:58:58 PM

Perpetrated by perpetrators, natch. 

PropJoe

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Glad to see reasonable Bears fans that like the Williams pick. I went to Vandy while Chris was there and he's a great guy who will work his ass off to get better, he went from 240 as a freshman to 315 now and he still has room to get stronger. Looking at all the tackles that have been chosen so far there is no way the Bears could have afforded to go with anything but an OL in the first round, regardless of people's love for Mendenhall. CW gave up two sacks in two years playing in the SEC, I'd say the Bears got a pretty good one

PropJoe

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
And yes, I have returned from the dead just to comment on a Bears draft pick

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: I like Jubblies on April 26, 2008, 04:58:58 PM

Agreed, but the State of Illinois is doing a yeoman's job of that.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: PropJoe on April 26, 2008, 05:02:29 PM
And yes, I have returned from the dead just to comment on a Bears draft pick

Your nephew... Disappointing shite, that boy. He hasn't made shit dope since Tical 2: Judgement Day either. That was, what 1998. Sheesh.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PropJoe

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Couldn't agree more, there hasn't been a high quality post-apocalyptic rap album since